Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: NEP On Line Forest News

Default NEP On Line Forest News

Ever since the NEP changed their on line site for Forest/Sport News it has been an absolute useless waste of time from my perspective. I find that most articles are very shallow and short of content, very repetitive and the title of the article generally has nothing to do with the annoying often repetitive attached video of MW making old comments. It also takes a while to load and I have very fast cable internet out here in the colonies.
    The old NEP site wasn't much better, also too many ads. In general having lived in the USA for a long time and comparing, it is the same with the UK newspapers I read on line, gobs of ads constantly loading! UK is getting blitzed with ads much worse than here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Devils favourite advocate

Default Re: NEP On Line Forest News

Its a clickbait bag of bollocks.... always has been

Because they know that newspaper is a dying form of media, they're trying to squeeze as much out of it as they can.

Left Winger

Stick to LTLF.

We’re more “In The Know” () than the Evening Post.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

It's a harduous task trawling the internet everyday searching for potential online-edition content, let alone trying to get a sensible opinion from Kenny Burns.

I give the NEP a little slack in their stuff as they are, when you get down to it, a local news source and so they have to find something, anything to make a story out of just to be able to produce a paper daily. So naturally you're going to find a lot of shite in it. Just the nature of the paper.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    I give the NEP a little slack in their stuff as they are, when you get down to it, a local news source and so they have to find something, anything to make a story out of just to be able to produce a paper daily. So naturally you're going to find a lot of shite in it. Just the nature of the paper.
    The online Post actually makes the printed edition read like The Times!

Quote Originally Posted by SDRED View Post
    I have very fast cable internet out here in the colonies.
    The old NEP site wasn't much better, also too many ads. In general having lived in the USA for a long time and comparing, it is the same with the UK newspapers I read on line, gobs of ads constantly loading! UK is getting blitzed with ads much worse than here.
    Get an ad-blocker ... uBlock Origin (or one of many other ad-blocking options) should be available for most major browsers. Or, for the technically minded, run a pi-hole server at home.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by jervine View Post
    Get an ad-blocker ... uBlock Origin (or one of many other ad-blocking options) should be available for most major browsers. Or, for the technically minded, run a pi-hole server at home.
    Any recommendations for folk on mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by SDRED View Post
    Ever since the NEP changed their on line site for Forest/Sport News it has been an absolute useless waste of time from my perspective. I find that most articles are very shallow and short of content, very repetitive and the title of the article generally has nothing to do with the annoying often repetitive attached video of MW making old comments. It also takes a while to load and I have very fast cable internet out here in the colonies.
    SDRED? So San Diego?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Any recommendations for folk on mobile?
    uBlock Origin works with Firefox on Android (as do quite a few other ad-blockers it seems). The very newest builds of Chrome are incorporating ad-blocking tech, but given Chrome is Google who are 'the world's biggest ad company' then that might not be very worthwhile*.
    If you're on iOS I don't think there's much you can do, unless you're jailbreaking your device. Apple's walled garden generally puts a stop to much in the way of user preference.

Running a pi-hole service for DNS blocking of ads will work for all devices ... but obviously only works for home, so not much good when you're out and about.

* To be fair to Google, their ad-blocking tech is supposed to block the obnoxious ads and keep ads to a sensible level. Web sites do need to monetise (ugh) their content, so if there is a decent middle-ground to be found then I don't mind if it's Google who find it.

I use Newsnow - Forest, great agrigate site, basically anything about our boys updated continually.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Stick to LTLF.

We’re more “In The Know” () than the Evening Post.

Oooh I don't know. I've seen a few pictures of orange trees and swimming pools on there recently that surely prove their ITK credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Oooh I don't know. I've seen a few pictures of orange trees and swimming pools on there recently that surely prove their ITK credentials.
    He took these pics apparently........

rustic-california-garden-wedding-685c40d3962159d56df7f1863a683530f88412e5ea3e3b30b83eeaacccd3406.jpg

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”