Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 12: Derby County Fan Comments

Default Matchday 12: Derby County Fan Comments

Neat two touch football in the far corner between Martin, Thorne, Russell and Wisdom. Thought I was in 2014.

Rowett won't like that.

Forest burned*themselves out in the first half & ran out of ideas. Second half piece of p***! Never in doubt!

Better second half for me, I don’t quite understand anybody being satisfied with that first half showing but hey, we’re all different aren’t we.

Forest fans must seriously hate and fear Matej Vydra. He's a Reds wrecking machine over and over and over. Love it.

A much, much better second half and in the end it was a relatively straight-forward win where we were much more clinical, and that was the difference. I was anxious at half time as I thought it would only result in one thing if we continued to sit so deep.

Outside the ground, 50 or so Stone Island mongs shouting “Philpots”.

Better second half performance, not too many scares and could have got a couple more.

First half was poor. Stood off way too much. Second half much better.*

Was surprised the game didnt get stopped for the pitch invader. Never saw where he came from ,but assume down there he was a Forest fan? Assume 3 year ban will occur now.

Derby fan, came from the East Stand then didn't have a clue what to do.

Forest looked a decent side to be fair & that McKay looks a real player. Only cost £500k - just goes to show quality isn't the sole preserve of players costing £5m plus.

We walk a thin line at times. Forest could easily have been 2-1 up just after half time. Fortunately the second goal killed it.

First half from 30 seconds on we were second best. Second half once we got the second we were untroubled and could have had another on a few occasions.

Red Dogs - at least they tried this time but are they mainly tiny or are we very tall?

We sent red scum crying talking how they were going to batter us.

There weren't many channels for Nuge to run so he looked a bit short of influence in the first half (good tactics by Warburton ) they kept the ball well*in the first half so we were reliant on individual moments rather than control.

They didn't take their chances.

Thought we sat to deep after the 1st goal and were lucky at times, but who gives a xxxx now. Beat the red dogs and a clean sheet!!!

We finally gained control of midfield in the final 30 mins but this was after Warburton hauled off McKay & Dowell - a strange decision I thought as they'd been integral to their performance to that point. Ward & Clough as their replacements didn't contribute a great deal.

Completely agree. Whilst we were 2-0 up at this point, this was a game changer in terms of general play. Bossed it the last 30 minutes.

Thought were were really poor in the first half -*couldn't keep the ball, allowed them way too much possession, not a lot of shape and we were fortunate to go in one up.

Much better second half, controlled the game better, created more, Lawrence and Huddlestone*came into it more*and once the second goal went in we didn't look in any real trouble. Forest seemed to give up the ghost in the last 10.*

Overall, a decent enough performance but more importantly,*a good morale boosting win against a Forest team that play nice enough football but have zero end product.

Good win, pretty poor but they were awful.

On another day Forest probably score a couple in the first half, but I thought we looked threatening every time we came forward.

A game played out by two mediocre mid table sides one of which at least tried to play some football.

I enjoyed the game, but it wasn't exactly one for the purist. I actually thought our fitness was shocking in comparison to their team. Mobility aside, they seemed to cover more ground than us and were able to find space. We just seemed static and that caused a number of issues in itself.*

That being said, Forest are a really poor side. They can pass it around and look busy as much as they lack, but fundamentally I doubt we will come across many weaker sides this season. It's all about numbers for them;*possession stats and shots. The amount of actually 'good' chances they worked came to one - McKay. Saying that, I thought he showed himself up in that opportunity because any half decent footballer would have buried it. He played himself into a rabbit hole and allowed Carson a chance to save it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rose-Coloured Boy

Default Re: Matchday 12: Derby County Fan Comments

"A game played out by two mediocre mid table sides one of which at least tried to play some football."

Pretty much sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post

A game played out by two mediocre mid table sides one of which at least tried to play some football.

In a nutshell.

Neither team will go up this season, but neither will go down either.

We're both mostly mathmatical clubs now the likes of Pearce, Clough, Davies, Tyson, Reid etc, have gone.

Welcome to the stale, soulless future some of you wanted. No "nastyness" allowed.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Seems those major disappointments of the past few years has knocked some sense into them. Very fair.

Yes pretty fair comments, pretty much how I saw the game. We were unlucky no to be level/leading at half time then after the second went in they looked very comfortable for the rest of the game.

Outside the ground, 50 or so Stone Island mongs shouting “Philpott”.

Do some fans still wear Stone Island? Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post

yes

I actually bought a really smart, Han-solo stylee Stone Island jacket last year. Not coz it was SI, it was just a really nice jacket.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Lad

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I actually bought a really smart, Han-solo stylee Stone Island jacket last year. Not coz it was SI, it was just a really nice jacket.
    Really?

Each to their own!

Quote Originally Posted by 888balluk View Post
    yes
    Interesting ta, I would have thought terrace fashion would have move on in recent years?

Left Winger

Believe it or not, in certain European countries, Stone Island is considered an iconic brand and is priced accordingly...

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Believe it or not, in certain European countries, Stone Island is considered an iconic brand and is priced accordingly...
    Where I live they still wear Jonny Hallyday T shirts, and I am not joking.

Alf in his weekend attire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Stone island is considered a good brand in Manchester! Mind you, they also think fila is a good brand. The only time I ever saw fila before I came to Manchester was the bargain section of sports direct

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Where I live they still wear Jonny Hallyday T shirts, and I am not joking.
    Johnny Hallyday! That takes me back. Used to listen to his records on the jukebox in our regular cafe in Belgium.

That being said, Forest are a really poor side. They can pass it around and look busy as much as they lack, but fundamentally I doubt we will come across many weaker sides this season.
    It's all about numbers for them;*possession stats and shots.
    The amount of actually 'good' chances they worked came to one - McKay.
    Saying that, I thought he showed himself up in that opportunity because any half decent footballer would have buried it.
    He played himself into a rabbit hole and allowed Carson a chance to save it.

Much as I hate to agree with a Derby fan, this post sums up pretty much what I am seeing at the City Ground.
    Add to it Steve Hodges comment about the number of similar 5 foot 7 inch players in our squad and you pretty much have, between the 2 the sum total of our team at the moment.
    Warburton must know he has to go to the market in January and get some seasoned big lads to add some steel to the mix.
    First selection criteria: must be over 6 feet tall
    Second selection criteria: must be over 23.
    The Championship is too tough to field a team of teenage midgets, even if they are skillful.
    If Warburton can get us to the start of January still in mid-table, then get the backing from Marinakis in the transfer window, and buys the right players we should be OK for the rest of this season.
    The real killer though is that the teams doing business in the January window are there because of total necessity - so transfer fees and players wages become inflated.
    Fail to get the right players in though could be way more expensive - without decent additions I would not expect us to be a safe mid-table bet at the end of the season.

N.B.: there were no calls for a change of manager in this post

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Johnny Hallyday! That takes me back. Used to listen to his records on the jukebox in our regular cafe in Belgium.
    There are a few 60+ "devoted fan lookalikes" around here also. The hair, the beard, the leathers and neck chains. You see them often on market day. Much like Elvis fans emulate their idol.

Problem is finding big, fast and technically proficient players cost a bit and aren't falling off trees.

I suppose Twisty Burke had all this in his position. It is why big clubs and top clubs sign them and collect them.

For me finding a MF like this should be our number 1 priority. CB to partner Joe number 2 (but how many big and mobile CB's can Champ clubs get ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    That being said, Forest are a really poor side. They can pass it around and look busy as much as they lack, but fundamentally I doubt we will come across many weaker sides this season.
    It's all about numbers for them;*possession stats and shots.
    The amount of actually 'good' chances they worked came to one - McKay.
    Saying that, I thought he showed himself up in that opportunity because any half decent footballer would have buried it.
    He played himself into a rabbit hole and allowed Carson a chance to save it.

Much as I hate to agree with a Derby fan, this post sums up pretty much what I am seeing at the City Ground.
    Add to it Steve Hodges comment about the number of similar 5 foot 7 inch players in our squad and you pretty much have, between the 2 the sum total of our team at the moment.
    Warburton must know he has to go to the market in January and get some seasoned big lads to add some steel to the mix.
    First selection criteria: must be over 6 feet tall
    Second selection criteria: must be over 23.
    The Championship is too tough to field a team of teenage midgets, even if they are skillful.
    If Warburton can get us to the start of January still in mid-table, then get the backing from Marinakis in the transfer window, and buys the right players we should be OK for the rest of this season.
    The real killer though is that the teams doing business in the January window are there because of total necessity - so transfer fees and players wages become inflated.
    Fail to get the right players in though could be way more expensive - without decent additions I would not expect us to be a safe mid-table bet at the end of the season.

N.B.: there were no calls for a change of manager in this post
    Agree, but (major disaster aside) we'll be OK for the rest of the season anyway. Even with this squad it's not one which will get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Stone island is considered a good brand in Manchester! Mind you, they also think fila is a good brand. The only time I ever saw fila before I came to Manchester was the bargain section of sports direct

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    There's Sports Direct Fila and there's classic Fila.
    One of my Favourites.

Agree, but (major disaster aside) we'll be OK for the rest of the season anyway. Even with this squad it's not one which will get relegated.
    and this is why i would not panic buy in jan. in the grand scheme of things theres no difference between 8th and 14th both relatively stable and prepping for another season in the championship, would rather wait till then

FILA Vintage stuff, you can still get that style...
    https://www.stuartslondon.com/white-...yABEgICPfD_BwE

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsnuts View Post
    FILA Vintage stuff, you can still get that style...
    https://www.stuartslondon.com/white-...yABEgICPfD_BwE
    Now that's a beauty

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Fila vintage stuff is well smart.... i had a fila trackie top at uni and looked the dogs bollocks.