3 5.17%
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,163 of 1163

Thread: Matchday 12 - Derby vs Forest

Wandering around the CG

Default Re: Matchday 12 - Derby vs Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Sheffield Uniteds game is all about movement.... its a joy to watch
    It pains me to agree but they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Man U View Post
    Frankly I'm sick to death of Derby "playing nice football but not getting the luck" - I've had it since before the play off final (ok, stop sni ggering at the back).

Many a time over the past 3 or 4 seasons we've played like you did for the first 45 minutes and lost.

Its about time Rams started enjoying winning ugly, we're overdue.

You can get out of this division by doing that (The Poisoned Dwarf did it with us), but you can't make long term progress in the league above. Sometimes though, after the QPR debacle at Wembley, I'd just be happy to get out of it and have another crack.
    In an ideal world it would be nice to have a bit of both.

The last team to truly impress me in this league were Bournemouth. They passed and moved with precision and intent, as a team. There were no Shelveys running the show.
    Saying that I think we drew with them home and away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RICE #6

It’s about having a balance of all kinds with varying levels of ability, strength, height, agility, pace, experience and aggression.

The one thing we need in all players without exception is the desire to win.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    The last team to truly impress me in this league were Bournemouth. They passed and moved with precision and intent, as a team. There were no Shelveys running the show.
    Saying that I think we drew with them home and away.
    Despite being battered possession and chances-wise in both games Bryn, we actually took six points from them.

Well for what it’s worth my thoughts are that it was the first time we’ve played them for a number of years and we looked the better side. We conceded 2 poor goals and that was that - however the last half an hour was very poor with the subs changing our control of the game and allowing Derby to defend too easily. Still don’t get why unless we had just given up after their second which is a worry if true - still lots of positives and the games between now and end of November will help us to decide whether this is going to be another battle to stay up in the new year

We are still a work in progress. We're BUILDING a squad; we haven't completed it, yet some of us (actually some of you) are being too introspective and negative. Fine to analyse a game but it can go too far.
    We got, IMHO at least, beaten by an inferior side, who had much less of the ball than us, and less chances than us.
    We show a lot more promise than Direby, for sure.
    Let's hang on in there.

It’s like we’ve never been through a complete rebuild before. Brain dead fans are fun to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's making the next match day thread??

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    Who's making the next match day thread??
    Not fucking you. You're a curse.

Clearly the gods were angered by my impudence, keep me away from match day thread making.

But have we tried any kind of ritualistic sacrifice before the game? Possibly as part of the Radio Nottingham pre match coverage so all parties can enjoy? Mark Arthur is only across the road and would be a fine start!

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    Clearly the gods were angered by my impudence, keep me away from match day thread making.

But have we tried any kind of ritualistic sacrifice before the game? Possibly as part of the Radio Nottingham pre match coverage so all parties can enjoy? Mark Arthur is only across the road and would be a fine start!
    We're serious about ritualistically sacrificing Mark Arthur to appease the tempestuous pantheon of footballing gods...... are you?

Cheers for the suggestions of bars in Berlin earlier in the thread chaps. Ended up in the Kilkenny Irish bar.

Although I wish I never bothered as it was full of Derby fans who immediately made me feel welcome as walked in with 3 minutes played..

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Across the Road View Post
    Cheers for the suggestions of bars in Berlin earlier in the thread chaps. Ended up in the Kilkenny Irish bar.

Although I wish I never bothered as it was full of Derby fans who immediately made me feel welcome as walked in with 3 minutes played..
    I was watching the Southend game (4-1) in a pub in Belfast that was snided with sheep shagging *****, fortunately I had the foresight to fuck off to another boozer at 0-0 becauae there was one of the mouthy ***** that was having it if I'd stayed.

Last edited by Wes' Organ; 18-10-17 at 18:43.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Across the Road View Post

I've been in there, no sheep them days.