Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • FOREST Win!!!

16 39.02%
  • BLADES Win :-(

20 48.78%
  • The Draw

4 9.76%
  • Who cares, I’m off to the Cannstatter Wasen!

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 11 - Forest vs Sheffield Utd Official Matchday Thread

Default Matchday 11 - Forest vs Sheffield Utd Official Matchday Thread

Since no-one else has bothered yet I thought it was my turn to kick this one off.

The blades are running high at the moment in 2nd & in good form, lets hope its our turn to blunt their edge and break out of our losing streak.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 11 - Forest vs Sheffield Utd Official Matchday Thread

Not sure about anyone else but I can't think of a time since BC that these have beat us at home other than Calderwood in our 1st season up from League 1.

Although I'm not sure how many times we've played them at home since or if I'm right.

Forest 6/4 - Draw 23/10 - Sheff U - 7/4

Sheff U have won their last 3 away games on the spin.

Their last 6 games are WWWLWW, with 12pts from 5. Our is LLWLLL with 3pts from 15.

This is a Sheff U slapper.......

36af1de645d9c8c129d23608dbe2777a--sheffield-football.jpg

Let's stick it up 'em! :Nottsflag:

Wildcard win to spin the form books over, 3-2 @ 25/1

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

They've been the surprise package this season, look impressive. Some of their fans are already predicting back to back promotions.

As with some of our fans who think Warbs is going to drag us through another relegation battle, it's 10 games in... It's a long season in this division.

We WILL concede, that's a given at the moment, but play with the same confidence we did Tuesday and there's no reason we can't turn this lot over.

3-1 Forest

It's all about mid-table...

Draw (It's gotta happen sometime).

Left Winger

Astonishing 0-0 bore draw.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Devils favourite advocate

Didnt they beat Wolves last night?

I thought that was an impossible task? Did they not compare squad values pre game which decides the score?

As was commented above, the Blunts will score.....so we need to take every real chance we create. Going to be a tough one, but I will go with 2v1 to the might Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantobie Red View Post
    They've been the surprise package this season, look impressive. Some of their fans are already predicting back to back promotions.

As with some of our fans who think Warbs is going to drag us through another relegation battle, it's 10 games in... It's a long season in this division.

We WILL concede, that's a given at the moment, but play with the same confidence we did Tuesday and there's no reason we can't turn this lot over.

3-1 Forest

They've had momentum and landed some quality players for nowt, who fit superbly there but ain't elsewhere. Coutts for example, they were shitting themselves when they thought he was out for the Wendies game. He's been poor other clubs, but Wilder has set the side up Davies-esq to hide player weaknesses, and bring out their strengths.

Wilder has done an incredible job there. He knew the club well before he arrived, knew exactly what was needed in terms of players & ethos, and coz he's a blade they all thrive on him so bare with rough patches. Playing the "Sheff U way" with a blade at the helm, it's their Fujkin G-Wot-Karate

Footballs a funny game though, and it wouldn't surprise me if we span 'em over.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 28-09-17 at 07:37.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    They've had momentum and landed some quality players for nowt, who fit superbly there but ain't elsewhere. Coutts for example, they were shitting themselves when they thought he was out for the Wendies game. He's been poor other clubs, but Wilder has set the side up Davies-esq to hide player weaknesses, and bring out their strengths.

Wilder has done an incredible job there. He knew the club well before he arrived, knew exactly what was needed in terms of players & ethos, and coz he's a blade they all thrive on him so bare with rough patches. Playing the "Sheff U way" with a blade at the helm, it's their Fujkin G-Wot-Karate

Footballs a funny game though, and it wouldn't surprise me if we span 'em over.
    I bet you wouldn’t mind spanning one over that lass in the Piggies shirt...?

...unless she’s already a notch on your bedpost Alf, and you actually took the photos?!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I bet you wouldn’t mind spanning one over that lass in the Piggies shirt...?

...unless she’s already a notch on your bedpost Alf, and you actually took the photos?!

Indeed I wouldn't mate She's sadly not a notch on my bedpost tho, a piggy mate sent it me.

I really want a win to erase that Cup defeat; that was so hard to take because I really thought we had it won and then the attitude of their 'fans'.

A good win, at last we "click".

Can't predict the result but one thing is certain. Calvin's other fans comments thread will be the least insightful of any of our matches so far due to the average intelligence of their fans when it comes to football matters.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Can't predict the result but one thing is certain. Calvin's other fans comments thread will be the least insightful of any of our matches so far due to the average intelligence of their fans when it comes to football matters.
    "scabs are fucking shit"

Left Winger

Calvin's other fans comments thread will be the least insightful of any of our matches so far due to the average intelligence of their fans when it comes to anything more than monosyllabic grunting.
    More like.

Too School for Cool

I'd imagine if you did Ctrl+F and searched for the word "scab" you'd end up with 90% of the post highlighted

Not looking forward to this one, No time for Sheff Utd & their shithouse fans, Im guessing there'll be trouble.

Not going with any pre conceived idea about points, thats no disrespect to what we're doing, but with them on a roll & us in transition, it could really go either way.

Id stick with 3 at the back, thought the system worked well against Fulham, we just need to remain composed when posession & pressure doesnt translate into goals.

Smith
    Worrall Hobbs Fox
    Darikwa Bridcutt Osborn Traore
    Dowell
    Murphy Brereton

On the strength of what the Blades did to Sheff Weds, this could well go the same way as our games with Leeds & Fulham.

Last edited by MASE; 28-09-17 at 09:22.

Winning is a habit; losing is a habit.
    Currently the Blades are in the winning habit.
    Forest are in the losing habit.
    One William Sharp will be hoping to get a game to show us what we lost when he left us.
    I thought he was brilliant - still do.
    Lose this one for definite.
    They will play a physical game, over-run our midget midfield and exploit our confidence lacking defence.
    It could easily be 0-3 to them.
    Our lads are currently not at the races, and I do feel quite pessimistic at the moment.

The blades are on top form, and we can't stop shipping goals. If no changes to personnel or tactics are forthcoming then we're in for another disappointing afternoon.

These tactics combined with these players isn't working and sooner or later something has to give.

Too School for Cool

Not optimistic to be honest. The Blades have got all the momentum and we ship goals for fun. Bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Indeed I wouldn't mate She's sadly not a notch on my bedpost tho, a piggy mate sent it me.
    Wasting that on the blunts is absolutely criminal.

Really need a win to shut the boo boys up for a couple weeks as we go into the international break.

Unfortunately, I think they're going to smash our back doors in.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

They are in a false position and will surely start to drop away soon, starting Saturday! The extra day recovery should help. Hobbs in for Mills. Hopefully stick with the same formation but try to fit McKay in somewhere. 3-0.

Is anyone else actually looking forward to this? I am

They've only scored one more goal than us, but we've conceded 10 more than them.

If he's fit, Hobbs HAS to take Worrall's place, he just has to.