Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you entertained by Mark Warburtonís football?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Tiki-Taka!

44 89.80%
  • NO - bring back DOUGIE!

5 10.20%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Entertained?

Default Re: Entertained?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why have i got a mention?
    Cock and balls mate, cock and balls.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Which is why the idiocy of people demanding change now, and not understanding that it will take MW 2,3 or more transfer windows to effect this change is being slapped down by people who CAN understand it.
    But surely Flagman, these people can acquire almost anything they want on their phones or tablets in a matter of seconds, so why shouldn't they be able to demand a winning and entertaining football team NOW?

The 2nd half yesterday was much more entertaining.

We upped the tempo and were more direct when needed to be.

Sky's tactical analysis of the first half largely mirrored the criticism levelled at Forest on here. Possession isn't everything, it's what you do with it.

I'd love it if we could play like Barcelona and win every week. But as some of you keep saying, we don't have the players for it.

It's also hard not to feel sorry for Daryl Murphy isolated up front with absolutely nothing being created. He showed what he's really capable of yesterday when we had him playing the right way, facing the defenders and running towards the goal.

Carayol was poor, but I'd like to see him start on the wing against Fulham. Brerton is not effective there, and he could be useful as an impact substitute late on in games - either replacing or joining Murph up top when we need a goal.

Anyway - we're not asking that we win every game and become promotion candidates RIGHT NOW.

What we are asking for, reasonably, is that Warbuton adapt his game plan to suit the opposition and we go more direct when we need to like we did yesterday.

No one wants the manager sacked. No one's spitting their dummy out. We are simply 'football foruming.'

Last edited by LostThatLovingFeeling; 24-09-17 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post

Sky's tactical analysis of the first half largely mirrored the criticism levelled at Forest on here. Possession isn't everything, it's what you do with it.

I'd love it if we could play like Barcelona and win every week. But as some of you keep saying, we don't have the players for it.

It's also hard not to feel sorry for Daryl Murphy isolated up front with absolutely nothing being created. He showed what he's really capable of yesterday when we had him playing the right way, facing the defenders and running towards the goal.

Carayol was poor, but I'd like to see him start on the wing against Fulham. Brerton is not effective there, and he could be useful as an impact substitute late on in games - either replacing or joining Murph up top when we need a goal.

Anyway - we're not asking that we win every game and become promotion candidates RIGHT NOW.

What we are asking for, reasonably, is that Warbuton adapt his game plan to suit the opposition and we go more direct when we need to like we did yesterday.

No one wants the manager sacked. No one's spitting their dummy out. We are simply 'football foruming.'
    I thought we looked at our best when we got the ball down and tried to move it with a bit of pace though, didnít you?

Itís not about adapting the style for me and never has been. Itís about making the phases where we are dominating the game last longer and managing the phases we arenít better. I donít see a need for a change in style on that front but itís about managing the game a bit better.

This style is delivering what we expected at the moment. Mid table results, winning some and losing some, messing it up at times and delivering brilliance at others but fundamentally, there is a clear sign of potential that itís going somewhere.

Donít see why we should turn our back on that, at times or otherwise, I mean what do you expect it will deliver? 10th instead of 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post

Think that's a very fair assessment.

Personally I still think we're lacking a bit of real character in the side, and that if Warbs signs a keeper or defender in Jan, it would do wonders for us if they were in the Pearce/McKenna style leader mould, and able to organize & rally the troops. It's OK saying "it's what you do with it", but the team clearly aren't full of confidence at the mo, and having a captain who keeps the troops pepped will help that loads.

Even an Andy Ried type who has inherit tenacity in his system would be gravy.

Until then though, even the losses are good experiences for the young guns as it'll build their character.

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

FWIW I thought yesterday's game was far more entertaining than anything I've seen at the CG so far this season (missed the Middlesbrough game through family commitments).
    We lost due to some dodgy decisions by officials and players.

Another very entertaining game today.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    One I shall definitely enjoy watching again via iFollow.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Not that type of player

Mainly because of Sheff Utd though

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Mainly because of Sheff Utd though
    Go away.

I was very entertained today thank you very much.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I was very entertained today thank you very much.
    But what about the football?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    But what about the football?
    Haha, football? What football?

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    watching ticky tacky churnball until we lose possession and concede isn't particularly entertaining, watching brereton playing on the right wing when we have wingers isn't entertaining especially he should be in the box receiving the service, the opposition knowing exactly how we will set up isn't really entertaining

the best management in our history was a partnership, warburton is good but will probably fail the way things are, so yes why go round in circles when it can be avoided?

right direction? ... as likely to hit the usually long losing sequence the way things are
    wtf, who are you, do you go to any games, what fjkkking hell you on about, fujkk off back to twitter, we don't do long losing sequences anymore, entertainment yes, churnball no, ticky tacky yes and no, that's all over move on!

oopsy daisy!

A pleased Trent End and a screaming A Block
    A frenetic thrill and a ripped up Baptiste
    A cockney wailing and a red dog howling
    Dowell's peach and Walker's double.

That's entertainment, that's entertainment.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Woodcock's LoveChild View Post

Paul Weller probably approves of this post.

Tralalala laaa

Thanks Christ Marinakis doesn't have the ear for the drongos like Fawaz did.

He is the resurrection and he is the light.

When I first read that I wondered who Chris Marinakis was and why were we thanking him.

I blame it on age.

He is the resurrection and he is the light.
    With him at the helm we'll crucify our opposition.