Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Are you entertained by Mark Warburton’s football?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Tiki-Taka!

    44 89.80%
  • NO - bring back DOUGIE!

    5 10.20%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 222

Thread: Entertained?

      
  1. #1

    Default Entertained?

    Tried to create a poll but couldn't work out how. http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...hs-book-264669

    Are you entertained by Warburton's Tippy-Tappy football so far?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    22,663

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Yes.

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  4. #3

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Yup.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Entertained?

    8 league games, 4 won, 4 lost.

    3 cup games, 2 won (1 of which away at a Premier League club), 1 lost.

    Sounds ok to me. Even if it didn't, 8 league games. Clough won 1 of his first 8 league games, and 2 of the first 8 games in his first full season in charge.


  6. #5
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,397

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Without a doubt. And it will only get better. So fuck off, boo-boys.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Are you sure you are spelling your username correctly?


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,058

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    Tried to create a poll but couldn't work out how. http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...hs-book-264669

    Are you entertained by Warburton's Tippy-Tappy football so far?
    I'm entertained, even in its infancy, its an upgrade on the football we've been used to here for some time.

    The question is a fucking daft one though, how folk can expect a manager to come in overnight & drill his ethos into a mixture of everyone elses players is totally bewildering.

    Its a work in progress, we've already enjoying sustained posession of the football with some cohesion in the middle of the park. In time this will translate to more chances created & pressure on the defense will alleviate as we cut out the mistakes.

    From where we've been, as unrealistic as it sounds, as each hole gets filled, I wouldnt expect the finished product within 2/3 yrs.


  9. #8
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,044

    Default Re: Entertained?

    A poll has been added...

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Near Newark
    Posts
    13,935

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Linguist View Post
    Tried to create a poll but couldn't work out how. http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...hs-book-264669

    Are you entertained by Warburton's Tippy-Tappy football so far?
    It appears you're 'fed up' with quite a lot of things associated with Forest right now.

    Was it our performance against Premier Chelsea or are you always this negative?

    I'm happy with Warburton right now, how he's shaping our squad and the way he has us playing.

    There are many improvements to be made on and off the pitch but this season will see us progress at a sustainable level.

    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

    I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

    Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wokingham/London
    Posts
    7,320

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Yep. Even yesterday I could appreciate what we were trying to do, and we're blooding so many of our young homegrown talent.

    Very happy with whats going on so far this season.


  12. #11
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,676

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Yeah, i am. I like watching good football, not hoofball and we're better than we have been for a few years. SP's start trumps us though but I bet you wanted him sacked too?


  13. #12
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,586

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Entertained? Yes

    Dreading what comes next if the twitter mongos get their way? Your damn right....

    Anybody wants this manager gone in the next 3 years deserves a dry bumming off this guy





  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,103

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Clough won 1 of his first 8 league games, and 2 of the first 8 games in his first full season in charge.
    It's something to be reminded of.

    I'd be interested to hear more parallels on this to be honest, from those who remember when Clough first joined us.

    For instance, was it at a time when we were looking to implement a new style under him? I see we finished 16th in the second tier, was that under Clough or did he finish 8th in his first season?

    He clearly improved us season upon season in the second tier and was given time to do it.


  15. #14
    Wandering around the CG
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where men are men and so are the women
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Yes. I think we have made excellent progress in a short space of time and anyone that thinks it isn't satisfactory should do two things:

    1. Remind themselves what our league position was at the end of May last season.

    2. Take that it account and the amount of cash investment this squad has had since then compared to most of our opposition.

    We've lost four league games, three of which being to better, more established teams.
    Then we lost to Chelsea last night, the Champions England.

    It's been a good start to the season and what's more we are trying to play football. We don't park the bus and it's not smash and grab.

    I'm not suggesting MW is above criticism but anyone thinking he's rubbish or another manager could do much better with this squad, need to give their head a shake.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Entertained?

    I'm not entertained because we have been the poorer side in most games also we have not been as attacking as many people think we have been. I think because we are playing as somone put it tikki takka it has the illusion thus we are attacking. To be honest teams against us have more shots than us. That being said its not about entertainment firstly it's about winning and 4 in 8 is not a bad start let's see if these perfomances are sustainable, my guess is if we keep letting teams have more shots than us then we will lose more than we win but we could improve as well. The next thing to consider is as well is the quality of the squad, maybe Warbuton is getting the best out of them, maybe they are just poor players for where we want to end up but Warbs will need time to clear some out.

    Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 21-09-17 at 14:25.

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21,165

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Yes.

    Introducing a footballing culture into the club, picked up some good players at bargain prices, introducing youth players and honest in his assessments of games.

    It ain't going to happen overnight so sit back and chill mo-fo's.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    It's something to be reminded of.

    I'd be interested to hear more parallels on this to be honest, from those who remember when Clough first joined us.

    For instance, was it at a time when we were looking to implement a new style under him? I see we finished 16th in the second tier, was that under Clough or did he finish 8th in his first season?

    He clearly improved us season upon season in the second tier and was given time to do it.
    Thanks to a day working at home and one of Ken Smales' excellent books for those stats. Cloughie took over in January of the season that we finished 16th. 8th was his first full season in charge, with promotion in 3rd place the following season.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

    Anybody wants this manager gone in the next 3 years deserves a dry bumming off this guy

    I think he's too busy giving Crystal Palace a good fucking over at the moment.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Thanks to a day working at home and one of Ken Smales' excellent books for those stats. Cloughie took over in January of the season that we finished 16th. 8th was his first full season in charge, with promotion in 3rd place the following season.
    Just because clough finished 16th and 8th it dosent make it entertaining plus when he finished third he may of brought in a few players by then. What I'm trying to say is that was a process and this maybe too but you don't have to call us entertaining when we're not and teams at a start of a process aren't always entertaining so what?!?! Why people get so hung up it is beyond me, football is about winning otherwise what's the point you might as well create a Harlem globetrotters football team and watch them day in day out. You will also find when you win more than you lose that the fans will call it entertaining whether it's tikki takka or not.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,103

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Thanks to a day working at home and one of Ken Smales' excellent books for those stats. Cloughie took over in January of the season that we finished 16th. 8th was his first full season in charge, with promotion in 3rd place the following season.
    Thank you.

    16th, 8th, and 3rd. Gradual, steady progression.


  22. #21

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    It's something to be reminded of.

    I'd be interested to hear more parallels on this to be honest, from those who remember when Clough first joined us.

    For instance, was it at a time when we were looking to implement a new style under him? I see we finished 16th in the second tier, was that under Clough or did he finish 8th in his first season?

    He clearly improved us season upon season in the second tier and was given time to do it.
    Clough I wasn't around to witness, but Clark's time here can be used to see how long it can take for all the peices of the puzzle to fit.

    He had Pearce, Collymore, Cooper, Stone, Woan etc. and at the same stage of the season we're at now we were 18th.

    Warbs inherited a FAR worse situation, yet so far has not only got us higher in the table, but has also sold players to the tune of 10m.

    That deserves more time to flourish even more IMO.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Clough I wasn't around to witness, but Clark's time here can be used to see how long it can take for all the peices of the puzzle to fit.

    He had Pearce, Collymore, Cooper, Stone, Woan etc. and at the same stage of the season we're at now we were 18th.

    Warbs inherited a FAR worse situation, yet so far has not only got us higher in the table, but has also sold players to the tune of 10m.

    That deserves more time to flourish even more IMO.
    Yes, it's forgotten that this has been achieved despite the sale of a proven Championship goalscorer.

    I'd also like to point out that Warbs has not yet spent any of the Gunter money.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,722

    Default Re: Entertained?

    If people who go regularly and pay for the privilege say they are being entertained then why do others disagree with them. This is purely personal opinion on this thread. Just say how you feeel, not why others should feel differently.

    I don't go these days, but the positive input I read on here convinces me that Warbo and his team are getting something right.

    Must rush, my rice pudding is done, I think.


  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Entertained?

    It's not entertaining watching Mills try and make another clearance, Worral mark somebody and Smith try and pass out from the back but we have a 50% win rate so why is everyone getting hung up on entertainment? As long as you win no one gives a crap just look at this season teams constantly have more shots than us yet people are enjoying it more and that's because we are getting results. Also it's not always possible to get a team attacking to a good standard just look at Dougie it depends the situation the manager inherited. If you get fixated on watching entertaining football then hopefully they will make a globetrotters style team and you can all watch otherwise this is sport and it's about winning and losing.

    Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 21-09-17 at 15:15.

  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,722

    Default Re: Entertained?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    It's not entertaining watching Mills try and make another clearance, Worral mark somebody and Smith try and pass out from the back but we have a 50% win rate so why is everyone getting hung up on entertainment? As long as you win no one gives a crap just look at this season teams constantly have more shots than us yet people are enjoying it more and that's because we are getting results. Also it's not always possible to get a team attacking to a good standard just look at Dougie it depends the situation the manager inherited. If you get fixated on watching entertaining football then hopefully they will make a globetrotters style team and you can all watch otherwise this is sport and it's about winning and losing.
    I can't compete with relentless pessimism. You win.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •