Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday 7: Sunderland Fan Comments

Default Matchday 7: Sunderland Fan Comments

Little mention of us or the game, little real anger either, just apathy...

We barely created a chance all game.

Was bored to tears most of the game.

We were awful to watch, no game plan, no organisation and no threat.

Whilst you expect to get punished against the likes of Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd, this was Nottm Forest, a team that narrowly avoided relegation last season.

How did you react when Murphy scored?

I thought "yep, that was coming", especially since he's blatantly better than any of our strikers.

Spot on. The longer the game went on the more in control they were.

Sat with a toon fan. Saw it on BBC and went 'told you' off of about an hour before when I told him Murphy would score and we'd lose 0-1. He didn't realise they'd even loaned him out but didn't goad me.

In 1994 there was 17k in the ground when we were beaten by Forest at home.

In 2017 it looked like there was 17k in the ground when we were beaten by Forest at home.

We could still be playing now and still not look like scoring.

I'm so relieved in all honesty, I hate change and couldn't bare us not fighting relegation like we are used to.

We've played much better than them, a sucker punch against the run of play. Lots to be positive about. Haway the lads.

We haven't man. They've let us have the ball in front of them and we couldn't do anything with it.

Sorry to upset everyone, but we bossed that game and it was one fook up that cost us.

Definitely, 44% possession at home and 3 shots on target is the very definition of bossing a game.

Murphy was the difference in the end, taking one of the only two chances Forest had all evening. Murphy knew where the goal was, when his opportunity came, while our lads just don't have that natural finishing ability.

Read more: http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.u...#ixzz4sY6KZbwe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 8: Sunderland Fan Comments

Cheers Calvin thanks for posting.

Nice to hear the comments about Murphy being better than all of their strikers. I think that's true.

Shows you age doesn't matter, it's about knowing where the back of the net is.

To think Murphy is on 134 minutes per goal and Assombalonga is on 153 minutes per goal this season, Warburton seems to have pulled a masterstroke.

Cheers Calvin. The Mackems really are in a mess. Even so it's nice to keep a clean sheet and win especially away from home.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Definitely, 44% possession at home and 3 shots on target is the very definition of bossing a game.

Left Winger

I was surprised how utterly abject Sunderland were.

Don't know why, but I expected them to be much better.

Let's just blame that bell end Grayson, anyway.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Default Re: Matchday 7: Sunderland Fan Comments

Right until the final whistle I remained sceptical about our abilities to keep that clean sheet.
    Well done Forest - Warbs, players, subs, coach driver and the kit man for conspiring to beat the parachutist pariahs.
    As for the Sunderland fans, I feel sorry for them - their team needs a major overhaul, and maybe, just maybe a new coach?
    Their owners/decision makers need to make sure they pick the right man for the job, and stick with him, or else it will be a replay of Forest's trials and tribulations up in the North East.
    I am right in thinking we actually purchased Murphy - he isn't on loan to us.
    What do Geordies know about football anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

Limited managers like Grayson always end up in a job beyond their capabilities.

Because they do well at smaller clubs who play with a 'them against us, backs to the wall' mentality. But when they try to take a similar approach to a club who expect to win, it just never works. They never seem capable of developing a team that can dominate and tackle the challenge of being favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    yes, you are - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40688457

Right until the final whistle I remained sceptical about our abilities to keep that clean sheet.
    Well done Forest - Warbs, players, subs, coach driver and the kit man for conspiring to beat the parachutist pariahs.
    As for the Sunderland fans, I feel sorry for them - their team needs a major overhaul, and maybe, just maybe a new coach?
    Their owners/decision makers need to make sure they pick the right man for the job, and stick with him, or else it will be a replay of Forest's trials and tribulations up in the North East.
    Yep. Can't be much of a fan

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Let's enjoy that classless fool Grayson making a pig's ear of the job. While hoping that he remains in charge for the return fixture, so that he can have his annual reminder from 25,000 supporters of his appalling behaviour when Chris Cohen was sent off.

Classic comment on TalkSport this morning from a despondent Sunderland fan "At this rate we will be playing derby matches against South Shields" - personally I think that is a gross insult towards my home town's team!

I'll repeat what I posted in the Championship thread before the season started "The appointment of Grayson always seemed a strange one to me for a newly relegated team. Almost like an open admission that they'll be competing at the wrong end rather than looking for an instant bounce back."

Another club coming down from the Premier League in a absolute shambles and finding out how tough it can be to sort it out. A bit like Villa.

Mrs rockabilly would like a word with you Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Red View Post
    Classic comment on TalkSport this morning from a despondent Sunderland fan "At this rate we will be playing derby matches against South Shields" - personally I think that is a gross insult towards my home town's team!
    Not a Geordie if South Shields is your home town, bonny lad.

Wandering around the CG

Same here, they have still got some good players, but clearly confidence is low and apathy has set in.
    We know only too well ourselves that once that sets in its difficult to get out of. If it wasn't for our takeover and having a bright manager we'd probably be in a similar position.

Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    I'll repeat what I posted in the Championship thread before the season started "The appointment of Grayson always seemed a strange one to me for a newly relegated team. Almost like an open admission that they'll be competing at the wrong end rather than looking for an instant bounce back."

Another club coming down from the Premier League in a absolute shambles and finding out how tough it can be to sort it out. A bit like Villa.
    Their previous three managers were Moyes, Allardyce and Advocaat. How they've ended up with Grayson is mind boggling. They must look at Rafa at Newcastle and gently weep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Same here, they have still got some good players, but clearly confidence is low and apathy has set in.
    We know only too well ourselves that once that sets in its difficult to get out of. If it wasn't for our takeover and having a bright manager we'd probably be in a similar position.
    Scares me at the thought of what so nearly could have been for us. You gotta feel for the Sunderland fans, more genuine than those whining lot further up the A1.

Last edited by rockabilly; 13-09-17 at 12:43.

Not that type of player

It's only mid September. There's a lot of games left to play. I wouldn't write anyone off at this point, except Bolton.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Sunderland are the Villa of last year, lots of money and big names for the league but ultimately the stench of catastrophic failure and resignation to that is hanging over into this season.

They'll stay up, but they'll be closer to the drop than the top six. Ultimately like Forest they have a rebuilding period to go through and the start of that journey isn't new players or new management, it's more ingrained than that, its a culture which can only start to be changed by those who can't be sacked or moved on - the owners.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Scares me at the thought of what so nearly could have been for us. You gotta feel for the Sunderland fans, more genuine than those whining lot further up the A1.
    True mate and yeah, they've seem to have spent a lifetime supporting a club that purely exists to avoid relegation most of the time. When I was a kid I always wanted Sunderland to do well because I thought their fans deserved something. It was disappointing to see them lose to Norwich in the Milk Cup final around 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    True mate and yeah, they've seem to have spent a lifetime supporting a club that purely exists to avoid relegation most of the time. When I was a kid I always wanted Sunderland to do well because I thought their fans deserved something. It was disappointing to see them lose to Norwich in the Milk Cup final around 1984.
    Aye... I've always had a soft spot for Sunderland too since the days of Bob Stokoe. I was lucky to visit the old Roker Park ground regular back in the 1970s.

The problems at Sunderland are similar to those that we have had in the past, and similar too to the ones that Aston Villa are experiencing. The club has been in a constant state where it was only just above water, season after season. Not only were they consistently mired in a relegation battle, they were constantly playing poor football for the first three-quarters of a season, only to steal survival under a new manager during the last couple of months. This created a bubble of instability that was held up by complacency. There was never any progress, and despite it appearing that they were staying level, they were actually getting worse, because even through luck a team should fluctuate somewhat season-upon-season. They're now in a position where all of these problems are coming home to roost, and the nature of this league with so many matches, and a different style of football, catches teams by surprise. Before you know it, you're in trouble again. The temptation is to change manager, but that just adds to the instability. You've got to ride out the storm, build a squad that can challenge in the league, and accept that poorly-run teams do badly whatever division they're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Carayol Camping View Post
    Not a Geordie if South Shields is your home town, bonny lad.
    He got a job.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    Their previous three managers were Moyes, Allardyce and Advocaat. How they've ended up with Grayson is mind boggling. They must look at Rafa at Newcastle and gently weep.
    They probably calculated that as well as being cheaper to employ (and therefore pay-off if necessary), Grayson might just have enough Championship know-how to make an impact - which he still might of course.

The fundamental problems at that club in my opinion are a disinterested owner and an unbalanced squad containing a core of demotivated ex-PL players.