Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Forest or Wolves... a big game!

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest stride on after Tuesday's epic win against Sunderland

    16 31.37%
  • A thrilling score draw!

    19 37.25%
  • Wolves feast on fresh Forest blood

    14 27.45%
  • Too close to call

    2 3.92%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 726 to 742 of 742

Thread: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

      
  1. #726
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    19,934

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    People saying we're a mid-table team like it's set in concrete. That's no different from saying we're a playoff team a few games prior. I'd wait a few more games yet for the table to settle down as slightly fortuitous wins against Millwall and Sunderland have given us a flattering amount of points. I hope and I'd like to think that we will improve enough as a team to warrant that mid-table position but from what we've seen on the pitch it's not that certain yet. There's definitely things like set pieces that need sorting if we don't want to be looking over our shoulder.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #727
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington
    Posts
    57,614

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Some of our players ought to be set in Concrete and chucked in the Trent.

    Many of them play like they are wearing concrete boots.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  4. #728

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    People saying we're a mid-table team like it's set in concrete. That's no different from saying we're a playoff team a few games prior. I'd wait a few more games yet for the table to settle down as slightly fortuitous wins against Millwall and Sunderland have given us a flattering amount of points. I hope and I'd like to think that we will improve enough as a team to warrant that mid-table position but from what we've seen on the pitch it's not that certain yet. There's definitely things like set pieces that need sorting if we don't want to be looking over our shoulder.
    The Millwall result was far better than people give credit for. In their last 4 games they've only lost once, and beat Leeds + Norwich in the process, conceding only 2 goals, scoring 8 in those 4 games. They sit 16th, so whilst not world beaters they also aren't currently a bottom 3 side who are a given 3pts as some seem to think.

    Agree with the overall sentiment, but I think a lot of the panic is coming from fans who are simply utterly useless at judging opposition teams (some don't even take them into consideration)

    The only "bad" result we've had so far IMO is Barnsley away, we should have got a point there. But even then we played well.

    Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 21-09-17 at 17:23.
    ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

  5. #729

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    The Millwall result was far better than people give credit for. In their last 4 games they've only lost once, and beat Leeds + Norwich in the process, conceding only 2 goals, scoring 8 in those 4 games. They sit 16th, so whilst not world beaters they also aren't currently a bottom 3 side who are a given 3pts as some seem to think.

    Agree with the overall sentiment, but I think a lot of the panic is coming from fans who are simply utterly useless at judging opposition teams (some don't even take them into consideration)

    The only "bad" result we've had so far IMO is Barnsley away, we should have got a point there. But even then we played well.
    In my opinion


    ...my opinion

    Barnsley was our best performance of the season and we haven't deserved any of our wins so far.

    Hope things change. Too early to judge.


  6. #730

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    In my opinion


    ...my opinion

    Barnsley was our best performance of the season and we haven't deserved any of our wins so far.

    Hope things change. Too early to judge.
    Which is why I was talking in terms of results, not performances.


  7. #731
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington
    Posts
    57,614

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Which is why I was talking in terms of results, not performances.
    One of time favourite matches of the season before last was the home 0-0 Against Charlton, where we deployed Jorge Grant, Oliver Burke and Tyler Walker as an attacking trident.

    It was absorbing, end to end stuff, and possibly the best 0-0 Iíve ever seen.


  8. #732
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34,814

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    In my opinion


    ...my opinion

    Barnsley was our best performance of the season and we haven't deserved any of our wins so far.

    Hope things change. Too early to judge.
    We did a job on Sunderland..... make no mistake of thinking it was anything other than the perfect away performance.

    Keep it tight and ensure you take your chance when it comes..... just so happens ours came in the 85th minute.

    Teams have won leagues doing that 10 odd times a season.

    Perfect when it comes off which it did on that occasion.


  9. #733
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34,814

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post

    It was absorbing, end to end stuff, and possibly the best 0-0 Iíve ever seen.
    You see now your talking absolute bollocks there.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJNNJunwLUk

    Ive never met you but i bet you this trumps it after a re-think.


  10. #734
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington
    Posts
    57,614

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You see now your talking absolute bollocks there.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xJNNJunwLUk

    Ive never met you but i bet you this trumps it after a re-think.
    Different circumstances Bazza.

    The Charlton game featured a Forest forward-trio of Academy graduates who that day, played without fear.

    The title winning game against Coventry - as that whole season - is on a different plateau. But we were a different club then, and football was a different game.


  11. #735
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34,814

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Different circumstances Bazza.

    The Charlton game featured a Forest forward-trio of Academy graduates who that day, played without fear.

    The title winning game against Coventry - as that whole season - is on a different plateau. But we were a different club then, and football was a different game.
    Apologies but its when you put


    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    possibly the best 0-0 Iíve ever seen.
    I thought, hes forgot "that game"


  12. #736
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    york
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    In my opinion


    ...my opinion

    Barnsley was our best performance of the season and we haven't deserved any of our wins so far.


    Hope things change. Too early to judge.
    We are all entitled to our opinion but from what I've seen in the league matches there is very little difference between any of the teams in this league. Other than Leeds (they did a job on us, nullified our attacking threats and pretty much bossed the game and looked very good but we're then lost to Millwall)and Barnsley who we outplayed and lost! We could have won drawn or lost the other 6 and considering where we were that's great progress


  13. #737

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    One of time favourite matches of the season before last was the home 0-0 Against Charlton, where we deployed Jorge Grant, Oliver Burke and Tyler Walker as an attacking trident.

    It was absorbing, end to end stuff, and possibly the best 0-0 I’ve ever seen.
    Same here. That was probably one of the most enjoyable games of the season. That lanky blonde won everything in the air for Charlton, but we just went at it and went at it.


  14. #738
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    10,238

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Same here. That was probably one of the most enjoyable games of the season. That lanky blonde won everything in the air for Charlton, but we just went at it and went at it.
    That was under Dougie right?


  15. #739

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    That was under Dougie right?
    Yup. Probably his best game for me. If he'd have carried on with that philosiphy I think he'd have kept a lot more folk on-side. Some of the football was lush pass & move stuff, with just a bit of bulk & cutting edge lacking in the final 3rd.


  16. #740
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,039

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Double was to scared of getting sacked, so went full retard


  17. #741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,293

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Double was to scared of getting sacked, so went full retard
    Wasn't it that we kept conceding sloppy goals...


  18. #742
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,913

    Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    In my opinion


    ...my opinion

    Barnsley was our best performance of the season and we haven't deserved any of our wins so far.

    Hope things change. Too early to judge.
    Absolute bollocks that


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •