Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Forest or Wolves... a big game!

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Forest stride on after Tuesday's epic win against Sunderland

16 31.37%
  • A thrilling score draw!

19 37.25%
  • Wolves feast on fresh Forest blood

14 27.45%
  • Too close to call

2 3.92%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

Default Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.
    Anyway, for the record Forest and Wolves have met at the World Famous City Ground on 61 occasions.
    Forest have won 31 of those encounters; Wolves have won 14; and 16 ended in draws.
    Back 1893 we beat them 7-1.
    We have scored on average 1.9 goals per encounter, while Wolves have only managed 1.1.
    Mind you, Wolves have won 2 of the last 3 meetings, with the 3rd being a draw.
    I was surprised with our smash and grab win at The Stadium of Light.
    I didn't think we would get a single point from the 4 games starting with Sunderland.
    However, Sunderland are a bag of spanners at the moment.
    Will we have the strength of character to get our first win for a few years against the Wolves, or will we be beaten by them.
    Wolves scraped a 3-3 draw at Molineux with a last gasp equaliser against Bristol City.
    However they currently stand 4th in the league, thanks to a 3 match unbeaten run at the start of the season.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

We have a habit of beating the top sides at home. Wouldn't be surprised if we nicked this one.

Fans will be up for it and it will probably be another sell out.

Left Winger

Default Re: Matchday 8 Nottingham Forest v Wolverhampton Wanderers Official Matchday Thread

1-0 to the mighty Reds, Daryl Murphy again the scorer to leave Robert Plant's lads dazed and confused.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Another step up that Stairway to Heaven.

It's hard to predict Forest anymore, anything could happen.

We haven't drawn a game yet so are probably due one, so I'll go for 2-2 with us scoring a late equaliser.

I'd settle for an average game with an average score: Forest winning 1.9-1.1 or to the less mathematically minded 2-1, and three points to the mighty Reds.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I will be more than happy with a clean sheet again draw or win

Wandering around the CG

Agree with Ashley, we are unpredictable and so is this league.

Anything could happen and I know nowt about Wolfs other than they've spent some money. Forest haven't looked as good in recent games but we know we are capable on our day.

Gonna sit on the fence with 2-2.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I will be more than happy with a clean sheet again draw or win
    A loss and a clean sheet would definitely confirm we need new defenders.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

One is loathe to hold a grudge but.....Michael Branch.

We're taking on the entire Jedi order this weekend it seems: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-41219375

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Stupid Americans and stupid football fans.

We'll do these, no idea what the score will be, but I can see Wolves underestimating us and, if Mills plays like he did against Sunderland I predict at least a point if not all 3

It's all about mid-table...

Draw.

Onto the next in our learning curve.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Assombalongalonger View Post
    We're taking on the entire Jedi order this weekend it seems: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-41219375
    That's fair enough, he'll only turn up for 30 seconds at the end and be completely ineffectual.

Not that type of player

There will be Good Times Bad Times this season, but I have a Whole Lotta Love for what MW is trying to do here.

We're due a draw.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Assombalongalonger View Post
    According to Hamill he liked a tweet about wolves, thinking it was about the creatures. He's as much a Wolves fan as I am a Tatooine farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    A loss and a clean sheet would definitely confirm we need new defenders.

I wouldn't be smarmy the defensive record over this year and last year is woeful

Devils favourite advocate

Id take a nil nil now.

Fucking hate Wolves, so here's hoping we leave them Trampled Underfoot

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I wouldn't be smarmy the defensive record over this year and last year is woeful
    I'm not being smarmy. It would be impossible for us to both lose and keep a clean sheet. It's a joke, pal. Chill out a bit.

1v2 down at HT with us getting a 80th min equaliser.

After our crap start to the season - 6 wins in 9 games - another tough game. Hopefully our fans will be patient and allow our team to hang in there until we get a late goal. One thing you can't complain about this season is our team's fitness. This is a much better start the season than anybody - if they're being realistic - expected. Well done U Reds.

I honestly can't see us winning this one; those who know me know I'm the eternal optimist but wolves have looked very good when I've seen them this year and it will take something very special for us to turn them over.

I can see Brizzle being up there this season as well, I have them down as my dark horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point , a very tough start to the season which led to predictions of gloom and "this'll show how good we really are".

Well, we don't seem too bad, do we?

I think a hard won three points here, we hit form and they suffer a bit of a drop in form