Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Davies interview

Devils favourite advocate

Default Re: Billy Davies interview

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    They were, you just didn't get drunk enough when you went away
    I remember my missus going shopping at donnie, me stood in the queue to go in the ground and hearing dele up front on his own.... and regretting not going shopping with the bird..... i hate shopping... we lost 1-0.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I remember my missus going shopping at donnie, me stood in the queue to go in the ground and hearing dele up front on his own.... and regretting not going shopping with the bird..... i hate shopping... we lost 1-0.
    See, you remember it!

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

See, you remember it!
    For the wrong fucking reasons

I remember dele missed a one on one and time stood still as he bounded through like a big dumb dog with its tongue out.

Is it coz I is Scottish?

In all seriousness, I've always thought he was a victim of a smear campaign too.

He could never be as bad as people were making out and be as successful as he was and have everyone collectively playing above and beyond their level.

Something fishy has happened to this guy behind the scenes. His name has been made dirt, when in reality he's a good manager at this level who should be in work at any of the top/middle clubs in the division.

Last edited by BryanRoy22; 09-09-17 at 20:22.

For the wrong fucking reasons

I remember dele missed a one on one and time stood still as he bounded through like a big dumb dog with its tongue out.
    Thank God we upgraded to Miller

Thank God we upgraded to Miller
    Id have had them both directing traffic in the car park.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Is it coz I is Scottish?

In all seriousness, I've always thought he was a victim of a smear campaign too.

He could never be as bad as people were making out and be as successful as he was and have everyone collectively playing above and beyond their level.

Something fishy has happened to this guy behind the scenes. His name has been made dirt, when in reality he's a good manager at this level who should be in work at any of the top/middle clubs in the division.
    I don't dislike Billy as much as some. His qualities as a football manager is clear to see from his impressive CV. Off the pitch, how much is down to Billy himself or other factors is hard to say. I'd have gladly had him back over McClaren, Cotterill, Brazil or Freedman though..

Good manager, but a bizarre off the pitch situation. I find it hard to dislike the bloke, he gave me many great memories as a Forest fan and I hope he sorts himself out.

Last edited by Ashley; 09-09-17 at 20:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I don't dislike Billy as much as some. His qualities as a football manager is clear to see from his impressive CV. Off the pitch, how much is down to Billy himself or other factors is hard to say. I'd have gladly had him back over McClaren, Cotterill, Brazil or Freedman though..

Good manager, but a bizarre off the pitch situation. I find it hard to dislike the bloke, he gave me many great memories as a Forest fan and I hope he sorts himself out.
    Well said.

Thanks for posting the thread Rzarecteh. Was good to re-feel that thrive again

In many ways I enjoyed Billy's spells with the club, but only up to a certain point. Many of the events which took place I found quite amusing and the football results were acceptable, but, with hindsight, the combination of Billy's determination to get even with his "enemies" plus the inefficiency and chaotic nature of the Fawaz regime plunged this club into a ravine out of which we are only slowly beginning to crawl.

Perhaps if he had been led with a firm hand things might have been different, but, as it is, his time here was a failure.

Some of my happiest memories of supporting Forest were under his leadership and he certainly got players believing in themselves but my God is he unhinged.

He really is his own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    In many ways I enjoyed Billy's spells with the club, but only up to a certain point. Many of the events which took place I found quite amusing and the football results were acceptable, but, with hindsight, the combination of Billy's determination to get even with his "enemies" plus the inefficiency and chaotic nature of the Fawaz regime plunged this club into a ravine out of which we are only slowly beginning to crawl.

Perhaps if he had been led with a firm hand things might have been different, but, as it is, his time here was a failure.
    Here's the laughable thing about some of our fans perceptions regards Davies 2nd stint here though. Generally you'll find a lot say........

"SOD - failure - loony Fawaz sacked too early
    Pearce - failure - loony Fawaz sacked too early
    Dougie - failure - loony Fawaz sacked too early
    Monty - failure - loony Fawaz sacked too early

Fawaz ran a massive debt up backing managers, signing players on big wages, and then sacking them too early and repeating the cycle."

But then they'll tag on....

"Billy - failure - all Billy's fault, and even his fault that we ran a big debt up too"

Anyone with half a brain knows that doesn't stack up, and it's fucking hilarious how Fawaz did everything right under the Davies tenure, and Davies suddenly became responsible for club finances too

Davies is right but it's not him I defend, it's just lies which I can't stand. And it's not the lies in themselves, it's that the press and people who spread them think we're all so stupid & gullible to actually believe them. Some will, some will lap them up along with quotes like "Schmell the Hishtory", but for those of us who actually prefer to think for ourselves and can see through spin it remains a constant source of amusement.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 11-09-17 at 08:39.

Too close to Derby but still an NG postcode

Shopping in donny?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    Shopping in donny?
    Pound shop

Quote Originally Posted by carlosmerino View Post
    Shopping in donny?
    Theres a outlet place right next to the ground

Donny Donkeys

There's a Tesco distribution centre too. Fucking hours I've spent there the bastards.

I do like the bit at the end where he says there is no doubt one day I will be back at the top
    Of football don't you already have to have been at the top to go back there

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Is it coz I is Scottish?

I agree and I agree with much of what he said in the interview.

However, even if he wins this case against PR company, I don't think it will make much difference to his chances of getting another job. Unfortunately for Billy his best bet is to take that job which is 'beneath him', such as a Hearts or a St Mirren, do what he does best, and sure enough the bigger clubs will come knocking again...

Not that type of player

If he'd said something to the effect that he'd learned from past experiences, was feeling refreshed and ready for the next challenge in football, wherever it was, that he was prepared to take on a role at a lower club to rebuild his career etc etc... then he may even have been given another job in the near future. As it is, all that interview communicates is "I'm still as paranoid as ever, I've learned nothing, am apparently incapable of taking any responsibility for my mistakes, and most club manager jobs are beneath me".

The chances of anyone in football being gullible enough to give him a job are close to zero.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

One of his main strengths is his ability to create a galvanising, us-against-the-world mindset within his squads. Ironically though, a need for a perceived 'enemy' of his own to seemingly motivate himself - be it administrators within whichever club he's employed by and/or within sections of the local media - is quite evidently the cause of his toxicity.

I'd suggest that he needs to show some humility by accepting that taking a job "beneath" himself in order to try and salvage some sort of reputation would be in his best interest.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 11-09-17 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I'd suggest that he needs to show some humility by accepting that taking a job "beneath" himself in order to try and salvage some sort of reputation would be in his best interest.
    Indeed - were he to take over a Scottish club playing in front of 1 man and a dog, he'd have the ideal showcase for his skills. Play some decent football at home and they might get 2 men and a dog to the next home game.

That part of his statement sounds like he is scared of failure at a lower league Jock club. But if one of those clubs offered him work, he'd be daft to turn it down.

Billy thrives on the siege mentality. The only problem with this approach is you always need to be under siege.

I thought he was a bit disingenuous too with his claim that he's never fallen out with with a Chairman or the board. At Motherwell, he literally accused the chairman of sabotaging team and was required to resign. At Preston, after a bad tansfer window, Derek Shaw left the ground shaking and in tears after a bust-up with Davies and had to be persuaded to come back for clear the air talks. At Derby he a public rant against the board so they would sack him - maybe he hadn't fallen out with them at that point but his rant must have done the job. Forest, as the say , its history we know all too well.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

Red til I'm dead

The best way to let the world know that you're not a paranoid lunatic, but in fact just a victim of a media-managed smear campaign.....

.....is to give an interview to the media in which you sound arrogant, paranoid and unhinged. Online forums??! Really Bill?

Sounds like he needs a PR company himself.

Does he even mention why this PR company suddenly decided to wreck his career? Just for a laugh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

How many times does Billy Davies Google Billy Davies?