Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Warp Speed Chic

Default Re: The Final Fantasy thread - Sponsored by Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I loved 15. Really enjoyed the new approach and it's approach to an open world. I think it may have ended up being my fave game of this gen.
    Same, once you had got the hang of the multiple weapons and the magic the combat especially was very engaging (although not the game of this generation for me)

It reminded me of the combos you need to be good at Tekken and etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

I loved 15. Really enjoyed the new approach and it's approach to an open world. I think it may have ended up being my fave game of this gen.
    I am gonna give it another go. It just dragged so much at the beginning I couldn't be bothered.

The whole 13 series was awful though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    The whole 13 series was awful though.
    I was stunned at how linear it was, you essentially just ran down corridors from point A to point B. Even when there was a choice of two paths, they both ended up at the same point anyway.

And don't get me started on the Aussie accents.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I was stunned at how linear it was, you essentially just ran down corridors from point A to point B. Even when there was a choice of two paths, they both ended up at the same point anyway.

And don't get me started on the Aussie accents.
    That & the "combat". The game essentially played itself. Crackers.

Fingers crossed for a FFVII Remake demo to be bundled with FFVIII Remastered

Best served cold

Fingers crossed for a FFVII Remake demo to be bundled with FFVIII Remastered
    That would be amazing.

I've just gone back and started 12 again for the 5th time. I got a bit further in this time, but it's a game that just doesn't click with me. I've already got bored and sacked it off.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

That would be amazing.

I've just gone back and started 12 again for the 5th time. I got a bit further in this time, but it's a game that just doesn't click with me. I've already got bored and sacked it off.
    I did similar to you, I think it was my third attempt to play it when I finally stuck with it and played it through. I didn't enjoy it at all really, apart from the rabbit woman's arse.

I did similar to you, I think it was my third attempt to play it when I finally stuck with it and played it through. I didn't enjoy it at all really, apart from the rabbit woman's arse.

The Viera race have just been added as playable in XIV.

Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    The Viera race have just been added as playable in XIV.

Warp Speed Chic

Watched a FF9 stream last night and it looked fun, no story, the player was just set challenges.

Plus Zidane. I do miss playing as Zidane at things. What do you mean it's not the same Zidane?

And if anyone has a screen grab of this bum, I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Watched a FF9 stream last night and it looked fun, no story, the player was just set challenges.

Plus Zidane. I do miss playing as Zidane at things. What do you mean it's not the same Zidane?

And if anyone has a screen grab of this bum, I'd appreciate it.
    With that annoying face ache woman on Playstation Access? I must admit I do that like Rob fella though, and Elle is tidy.

Warp Speed Chic

With that annoying face ache woman on Playstation Access? I must admit I do that like Rob fella though, and Elle is tidy.
    Yeah, I love Playstation Access. I like Rosie, the older and more miserable I get, the more I get attracted to people like Rosie. They're fine to make enough noise for both of us.

Best served cold

I am hoping God of War turns up tomorrow, but might give it another bash tonight.

Yeah, I love Playstation Access. I like Rosie, the older and more miserable I get, the more I get attracted to people like Rosie. They're fine to make enough noise for both of us.
    I know what you mean but I am really fussy about people having nice teeth, and I cannot get over hers.

Final Fantasy 8 Remaster comes out on the 3rd September. That should be me sorted until Christmas.

I had pre-ordered it. Start tonight

Warp Speed Chic

Simple guide to junctioning? I'll be picking it up the end of this month.

Simple guide to junctioning? I'll be picking it up the end of this month.
    Play triple triad, use the cards to get powerful spells, junction those. Don't level grind as the enemies increase level as you do and their stat increases from going up a level is much more than you will get, its designed to make you junction properly..

Watched the review earlier, and very disappointed they haven't tweaked the junctioning or limit break system. Both just kill the game flat

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Watched the review earlier, and very disappointed they haven't tweaked the junctioning or limit break system. Both just kill the game flat

You can tweak the junctioning so that you constantly have limit breaks from memory. I remember that for a lot of the game that made you able to smash your way through 90% of battles.

You can tweak the junctioning so that you constantly have limit breaks from memory. I remember that for a lot of the game that made you able to smash your way through 90% of battles.
    One thing I remember about it was excruciatingly long loading times when going from screen to screen. Let us know if that's change will you pls Dan?

One thing I remember about it was excruciatingly long loading times when going from screen to screen. Let us know if that's change will you pls Dan?
    I have just played past the point you go to the fire cave near the start. The load times between screens must have been fine as I didn't notice them. One thing I would say is that as they have improved the character models, the backgrounds now look even worse by comparison, sometimes you cannot tell if you can go somewhere or its a wall. I am not sure how I didn't notice it when playing games like this the first time round (mind you I played the original Mario Kart on the SNES a few weeks ago and it instantly gave me a headache).

I forgot just how frequent the random battles are too, which got infuriating after I had beaten the GF and was just trying to leave the cave. At least you can increase it to 3x speed in those situations.

I have just played past the point you go to the fire cave near the start. The load times between screens must have been fine as I didn't notice them. One thing I would say is that as they have improved the character models, the backgrounds now look even worse by comparison, sometimes you cannot tell if you can go somewhere or its a wall. I am not sure how I didn't notice it when playing games like this the first time round (mind you I played the original Mario Kart on the SNES a few weeks ago and it instantly gave me a headache).

I forgot just how frequent the random battles are too, which got infuriating after I had beaten the GF and was just trying to leave the cave. At least you can increase it to 3x speed in those situations.
    Cheers chap.

Not sure if 8'll bother with it again Tbh. Great little story & vibe, but the junctioning & battle system bored me.

Someone told me you can turn battles off? That right?

Cheers chap.

Not sure if 8'll bother with it again Tbh. Great little story & vibe, but the junctioning & battle system bored me.

Someone told me you can turn battles off? That right?

Yes, I think one of the option is to turn off the random battles. Seems to take away the point of the game if you ask me though.