Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Final Fantasy thread - Sponsored by Bangerz.

Decided to start from as early as poss and playing through an old SNES version of FF4 at the mo. Not far in to it, but have to say it's fairly enjoyable so far.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lick my legs

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Decided to start from as early as poss and playing through an old SNES version of FF4 at the mo. Not far in to it, but have to say it's fairly enjoyable so far.
    They recently had the FF10 bundle reduced on the PS4 so I've been playing my way through that recently. Forgot how great the battle system is in that game. Possibly the best turn-based system they ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    They recently had the FF10 bundle reduced on the PS4 so I've been playing my way through that recently. Forgot how great the battle system is in that game. Possibly the best turn-based system they ever created.
    I had a bone graft in my mid-20's and that was the perfect thing to see me through months of being able to do fuck all. Lasted bastard ages, but was just real simple, good fun, & the graft meant I could only use one hand so - wanking aside - it was the second best thing to keep me ticking over with that turn based gameplay.

Good knowledge!

I regularly watch a FF7 speed runner on Twitch, so I've picked up a lot of stuff about the games mechanics.

Lick my legs

Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    I regularly watch a FF7 speed runner on Twitch, so I've picked up a lot of stuff about the games mechanics.
    There's a guy who streams playthroughs of various FF7 mods on Twitch, quite interesting. If I can find the name I'll let you know.

There's a guy who streams playthroughs of various FF7 mods on Twitch, quite interesting. If I can find the name I'll let you know.

Watching the speed run is interestng too as you learn lots of things that most don't. Like that the battles in dungeons and such are not random but in a set patter you can manipulate.

Lick my legs

Quote Originally Posted by MansfieldRed View Post
    Watching the speed run is interestng too as you learn lots of things that most don't. Like that the battles in dungeons and such are not random but in a set patter you can manipulate.
    Is that based on the step count? I saw a speedrun, think it might have been the world record, was one long run - no gaps. The guy playing knew exactly which fights he'd get into and when. Crazy levels of meticulousness.

Is that based on the step count? I saw a speedrun, think it might have been the world record, was one long run - no gaps. The guy playing knew exactly which fights he'd get into and when. Crazy levels of meticulousness.

Yeah. Exactly. It's insane the level of preparation at times to get the right run. I think one of the most weirdest ones is the double text-bubble glitch where if you can get two seperate text boxes on screen the game just has a fit and doesn't know what to do so you can move during that period.

Enjoying the early games far more than the latter one Bangerz. Have finished 4 & thought it was quality. Yeah it's very dated & simplistic, but as far as simple fun games with a story go it was really enjoyable.

So I saw FF15 for the PS4 in the bargain section of the local games shop and grabbed it for £8. What a fucking waste of money It's just awful. Abysmal. A 00's boyband on a roadtrip? WTF?

All you do is walk from point to point for ages, then hold down a button. There's absolutely fuck all story or, well, anything intersting. Played around 3-4 hours then ragged in. Will trade in asap.

Lick my legs

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Enjoying the early games far more than the latter one Bangerz. Have finished 4 & thought it was quality. Yeah it's very dated & simplistic, but as far as simple fun games with a story go it was really enjoyable.

So I saw FF15 for the PS4 in the bargain section of the local games shop and grabbed it for £8. What a fucking waste of money It's just awful. Abysmal. A 00's boyband on a roadtrip? WTF?

All you do is walk from point to point for ages, then hold down a button. There's absolutely fuck all story or, well, anything intersting. Played around 3-4 hours then ragged in. Will trade in asap.
    A terrible game by anyone's standards. Square Enix have really run out of ideas it seems and FF comes across as little more than a paint-by-numbers job to sell dlc and add-ons etc

But yeh FF4 is great. My personal favourite of the pre-FFVII games is FFVI, so make sure you try that one out if you can.

Not a patch on Fortnite

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm scarily good on Fortnite and have only played about 15 games. Top 10 13 times.

Worse in a squad, my mates are shite.

Sent from the thunder suckle fuzz canyon

Quote Originally Posted by The Arctic Samuel View Post
    I'm scarily good on Fortnite and have only played about 15 games. Top 10 13 times.

Worse in a squad, my mates are shite.

Ive two wins... i know no one that plays it other than my lad and his mates... which basically means my squad is made up of 10 year olds... proper nonce squad

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ive two wins... i know no one that plays it other than my lad and his mates... which basically means my squad is made up of 10 year olds... proper nonce squad

Not managed a win yet, I'm often too aggressive when it gets down to below 10.

I'm good at building which basically gets you into the top 20 at least

Quote Originally Posted by The Arctic Samuel View Post
    Not managed a win yet, I'm often too aggressive when it gets down to below 10.

I'm good at building which basically gets you into the top 20 at least

Its a defensive game... you only have to kill one person to win.

I just let folk fight it out and pick off the weak

In fact my lads mate got no kills and won on solo as the guy looking for him got caught in the storm and died.

Last edited by Barry; 28-02-18 at 16:15.