Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: John McGinn

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Default Re: John McGinn

Rzartech, just seen your comment on a mates phone........

The comical thing about it is we have made some fantastic signings in the last few years but they are conviniently ignored when fighting this boring and pointless battle.

From a few posts up on this very page....

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Grabban was a show of real genuine promotion intent.
    You just choose to ignore such praise coz you've a bee in your bonnet about me.

I've had you on ignore for months. You must be some incredible kind of stupid to STILL not have put me on ignore after all this time if you find my posts so disagreeable.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 19-11-19 at 13:56.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Alf, did you actually retype that comment out in full while your mate dictated because you have him on ignore?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Alf, did you actually retype that comment out in full while your mate's dictated because you have him on ignore?
    Nope, he msg'd it me.

Warp Speed Chic

To be fair to Rzaretech, he's not the only one bored by this debate based on supposition and nothing else.

Last edited by Freddie; 19-11-19 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    To be fair to Rzartech, he's not the only one bored by this debate based on supposition and nothing else.
    Start up another debate or something then chap. Otherwise the boards stay lifeless with nothing happening.

It's international break. There's little to chat about. Give us something with some facts to chat about

It's all got a bit Nottingham Post in here.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNFFC View Post
    It's all got a bit Nottingham Post in here.
    Is Alf actually Barry Cooper or Sarah Clapson?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Is Alf actually Barry Cooper or Sarah Clapson?
    I'm Barry Cooper dressed as Sarah Clapson

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I'm Barry Cooper dressed as Sarah Clapson

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    Fucking hell that's an image I could have done without before my tea

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

Perhaps McGinn wanted to go to a team who had a realistic shot of promotion rather than us?

We missed out, shame, let's move on.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Senior Doom Monger

Thing is Villa weren't even in the frame at the time, so I don't get how they can financially outmuscle us, when they weren't even competing?

Plus, we spent 13m on someone to fill McGinn's role. So we had the financial muscle to compete anyway.

These are the facts chaps. The "we're not as big as Villa so can't compete" is a BS excuse. We spent 16m on Carva + Soudani. You SERIOUSLY telling me that wouldn't have landed us McGinn?

We bottled it & chose the wrong option. Not an unsalvageable situation at all, but IMO the wrong path to take, and something we should learn from for future signings.
    Alf, Villa, having spent every season in the Premier League since its formation were relegated in 2016.
    They received parachute payments in 2017 and 2018, and as such they were money bags.
    There was no way we could offer the price wanted nor the salary Vile could offer.
    Just because we were bigged up in the press and Vile weren't doesn't mean Vile weren't actually in there negotiating.
    We never stood a chance.
    And if Lawrence Shankland is about to be snapped up by an English club in January, I reckon it wont be us!
    Mind you I reckon if he is on the move it will be to Celtic or Rangers.
    Come January 31 2020, he would be regarded as an unwanted immigrant when Scotland becomes fully independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Alf, Villa, having spent every season in the Premier League since its formation were relegated in 2016.
    They received parachute payments in 2017 and 2018, and as such they were money bags.
    There was no way we could offer the price wanted nor the salary Vile could offer.
    Just because we were bigged up in the press and Vile weren't doesn't mean Vile weren't actually in there negotiating.
    We never stood a chance.
    And if Lawrence Shankland is about to be snapped up by an English club in January, I reckon it wont be us!
    Come January 31 2020, he would be regarded as an unwanted immigrant when Scotland becomes fully independent.
    Already answered that above Cap.

Senior Doom Monger

Already answered that above Cap.
    Sorry - been trying to sort out some electrics at home that were originally installed by a monkey with a manchester wrench and no idea as to how to add a socket to a ring main.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    We never stood a chance.
    As far as my FM2020 season is going, Sam Cosgrove is the attacking talent to come out of Scotland this window. He's bagging hatfuls as a target man in my Forest side

Last edited by Statto; 19-11-19 at 23:23. Reason: inb4 the NEP linking him with us now

Best served cold

Thing is Villa weren't even in the frame at the time, so I don't get how they can financially outmuscle us, when they weren't even competing?

Plus, we spent 13m on someone to fill McGinn's role. So we had the financial muscle to compete anyway.

These are the facts chaps. The "we're not as big as Villa so can't compete" is a BS excuse. We spent 16m on Carva + Soudani. You SERIOUSLY telling me that wouldn't have landed us McGinn?

We bottled it & chose the wrong option. Not an unsalvageable situation at all, but IMO the wrong path to take, and something we should learn from for future signings.
    *checks thread. Sees Alf STILL moaning about Carvalho. Leaves thread*

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    As far as my FM2020 season is going, Sam Cosgrove is the attacking talent to come out of Scotland this window. He's bagging hatfuls as a target man in my Forest side
    those fm games can sometimes be a good gauge for talent spotting,i wouldn't mind cosgrove , looking at his record seemed to suggest he is just starting to find his grove, big lad who has scored from both feet and his head , came from the english lower leagues. worth taking a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWAqJrxhQU

McGinn is the best midfielder in Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    those fm games can sometimes be a good gauge for talent spotting,i wouldn't mind cosgrove , looking at his record seemed to suggest he is just starting to find his grove, big lad who has scored from both feet and his head , came from the english lower leagues. worth taking a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygWAqJrxhQU
    This is called secretly pissing it. Only Aaron Connolly is getting back into these mofos #goingup

https://i.imgur.com/HwqbcqI.png