Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harlee Dean

Default Re: Harlee Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Maybe Brum offered more money, or maybe the figures quoted were more than FM/MW thought he was worth.
    I would imagine that this is almost certainly what's happened here. And rightfully so, the days of us paying silly wages should well and truly be in the past.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockney_Red View Post
    If we don't have someone else in mind and have let this one slip through the net it will be disappointing. Surely Warbs and McP know we need to strengthen defense.
    After five years of scattergun recruitment, addressing our woefully-balanced squad in the space of one window was always going to be a massively-tall order. The January window is notoriously difficult - and, very often, overly-expensive - so it will probably be next summer before a genuine MW and FMcP squad begins to take shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Bielik it is then?
    He's supposedly out until December with a shoulder injury.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I think you're mistaking it for Who's Fucking Who by Dwarves?
    What's that about dwarves?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Fact is to get from team that was two goals away from being relegated to a top 10 side in this Championship, you've got to be prepared to spend. You can do well and not break the bank but let's face it, it's a lot more difficult and we've exhausted our transfer luck for this window with the likes and McKay and Bridcutt. Obviously McParland has been told to keep things tight finance wise and it's meant that we've lost out on quite a few targets.
    I don't want us to be paying 30-40k wages on players and don't expect massive transfer fees but it's like with Ronnow, he's obviously good. Brondby held for 3, we only went as high as 2, theres not a massive difference there and you are paying for someone that will only increase in value. I can't imagine Birmingham are too overly keen to break the bank for Dean. We need a CB more than any other position and idk, letting this one slip through the net to a team that lets face it is in a similiar spot to us is disappointing.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I can't imagine Birmingham are too overly keen to break the bank for Dean. We need a CB more than any other position and idk, letting this one slip through the net to a team that lets face it is in a similiar spot to us is disappointing.
    Birmingham have been throwing money around this summer - as you would expect with a team involving 'Arry Redknapp, the Agents' friend.

Frankly I'm not surprised they've been able to outbid Forest, it says more to me that NFFC is actually being run sensibly, which would certainly be something new.

We don't want to get lumbered with more players on excessive wages, we've enough of that with some of the dross we picked up in the last couple of seasons.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Fact is to get from team that was two goals away from being relegated to a top 10 side in this Championship, you've got to be prepared to spend. You can do well and not break the bank but let's face it, it's a lot more difficult and we've exhausted our transfer luck for this window with the likes and McKay and Bridcutt. Obviously McParland has been told to keep things tight finance wise and it's meant that we've lost out on quite a few targets.
    I don't want us to be paying 30-40k wages on players and don't expect massive transfer fees but it's like with Ronnow, he's obviously good. Brondby held for 3, we only went as high as 2, theres not a massive difference there and you are paying for someone that will only increase in value. I can't imagine Birmingham are too overly keen to break the bank for Dean. We need a CB more than any other position and idk, letting this one slip through the net to a team that lets face it is in a similiar spot to us is disappointing.
    According to every decent news source, the Ronnow deal broke down due to the player's desire to play at a higher level than where we're currently at, not because we couldn't agree a fee with his club. A few years ago, signing Jack Hobbs on big money was seen as a bit of a coup here, and now he's nothing more than an overpaid biscuity anchor dragging our finances into the ground. It's not luck that we're signing players like McKay and Bridcutt for relative peanuts, it's simply good management, scouting and negotiating on our part. We have the backroom staff in place to no longer be played for fools by other teams. For the first time in years, we're the club walking out of deals laughing - look at what we did to Rangers with McKay - rather than having an owner that makes us a national laughing stock. If the targets are too expensive then it's better to move onto other ones like we have been doing this summer. Fawaz made the mistake of paying whatever it took to land particular targets, with what could be politely described as a mixed set of results. If Birmingham are willing to pay silly money for players, fair enough, we move onto other targets and keep our finances in check. The Blues were recently bought by a trigger happy foreign owner that seems to have a lack of understanding about the Championship and what it takes to get out of the division, which does sound a bit familiar for those that have followed Forest closely over the last five years. A few years down the line I guarantee that our current methods are much more likely to bring us success than what Birmingham are doing.

Snowflake

Am I the only one who's slightly happy we're being outbid and moving on? Relegation is unlikely with this improved squad of players and superior management skills of Mark Warburton so I'm glad we're not spunking unnecessary amounts just for the sake of bringing more players in. Warbs and McParland obviously didn't think he was worth any more than we bid, so no biggie, we move on. That's prudence.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Am I the only one who's slightly happy we're being outbid and moving on? Relegation is unlikely with this improved squad of players and superior management skills of Mark Warburton so I'm glad we're not spunking unnecessary amounts just for the sake of bringing more players in. Warbs and McParland obviously didn't think he was worth any more than we bid, so no biggie, we move on. That's prudence.
    We need a defender... otherwise we are going to repeat the mistakes of last year and the start of this till at least Christmas..... the club dared fans to put their money where their mouth is which is what we have done en masse. The deals have been great so far but that back 3 cannot play football and cant defend. We stayed up on goal difference... if nothing changes id expect it to be another shit season.

Cant see record season card sales if it goes like last year.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

Actually - I could see that.

Mainly because after years of shit, NFFC is being run properly. And that's brilliant, and the fans have responded to this, and I expect them to continue to do so.

I fully expect the season to climax with Mr. Marinakis parachuting into the centre circle, wielding a Fender Stratocaster and playing Josh Homme's solo from Feelgood Hit of the Summer as something of a summer-sign off.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Actually - I could see that.

Mainly because after years of shit, NFFC is being run properly. And that's brilliant, and the fans have responded to this, and I expect them to continue to do so.

I fully expect the season to climax with Mr. Marinakis parachuting into the centre circle, wielding a Fender Stratocaster and playing Josh Homme's solo from Feelgood Hit of the Summer as something of a summer-sign off.
    Hows he gonna get on the pitch safely when its full of relieved fans thanking the lord for staying up on the last day again.

Snowflake

We need a defender... otherwise we are going to repeat the mistakes of last year and the start of this till at least Christmas..... the club dared fans to put their money where their mouth is which is what we have done en masse. The deals have been great so far but that back 3 cannot play football and cant defend. We stayed up on goal difference... if nothing changes id expect it to be another shit season.

We definitely need to strengthen our defence but we'd still be a work-in-progress either way so no-one should be expecting a vintage season. However I do think we have enough as things stand to do better this year than staying up on goal difference. If season card holders desert because their unrealistic expectations are unfulfilled then that's a shame but they won't get too much sympathy from me.

I also trust Warbs and McParland to pay the right price for the right players. If they don't think Dean is worth more than the £2m or whatever Brum are paying for him then I'm confident he isn't.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    We definitely need to strengthen our defence but we'd still be a work-in-progress either way so no-one should be expecting a vintage season. However I do think we have enough as things stand to do better this year than staying up on goal difference. If season card holders desert because their unrealistic expectations are unfulfilled then that's a shame but they won't get too much sympathy from me.

I also trust Warbs and McParland to pay the right price for the right players. If they don't think Dean is worth more than the £2m or whatever Brum are paying for him then I'm confident he isn't.
    Its a glaringly obvious hole we have not filled from last year...a hole fully exposed by a mediocre side.

Last Saturday was so disappointing on so many levels was hoping a CB would lift the mood.

A well run football club spending within it's means is fantastic if you are one of the businessmen who run Forest. I'm interested in the quality of the sport and everyone around us is showing the money and improving.
    Birmingham have spent £4m (6m with Dean) this summer. We've spent around 5m. Birmingham were better in the league over 46 games last season, even with that shocking run of form when Zola came in yet have spent the same.

Our defence was the second worst in the league last year after Rotherham who finished bottom last year.
    We have only kept one clean sheet in seven and we've conceded at least two goals or more 4 times in those seven games.
    We lost a full back and gained one. We've got rid of two (possibly 3) centre backs and brought none in.
    What part of that doesn't scream out for someone like Dean and we lose out on him for 2m which is nothing in this market.

If your existing defenders can't play the way you want them to, you either change your style or you buy new defenders.
    We all know Warburton won't alter his approach, he got us a bollock hair's distance of League One. He's got rid of Pinillos, Perquis and Lam.
    The irony of loaning out Lam is that he's probably one of those players that would of best fit his system since he's good on the ball, just lightweight.
    Instead, we've got 2 days of the window left and we're gunna be stuck with Mills shitting himself every time he gets the ball because he's used to lumping it forward.

Just because Fawaz was so shit doesn't mean that everything the new regime does is sunshine.

Left Winger

A well run football club spending within it's means is fantastic if you are one of the businessmen who run Forest. I'm interested in the quality of the sport and everyone around us is showing the money and improving.
    Birmingham have spent £4m (6m with Dean) this summer. We've spent around 5m. Birmingham were better in the league over 46 games last season, even with that shocking run of form when Zola came in yet have spent the same.

Our defence was the second worst in the league last year after Rotherham who finished bottom last year.
    We have only kept one clean sheet in seven and we've conceded at least two goals or more 4 times in those seven games.
    We lost a full back and gained one. We've got rid of two (possibly 3) centre backs and brought none in.
    What part of that doesn't scream out for someone like Dean and we lose out on him for 2m which is nothing in this market.

If your existing defenders can't play the way you want them to, you either change your style or you buy new defenders.
    We all know Warburton won't alter his approach, he got us a bollock hair's distance of League One. He's got rid of Pinillos, Perquis and Lam.
    The irony of loaning out Lam is that he's probably one of those players that would of best fit his system since he's good on the ball, just lightweight.
    Instead, we've got 2 days of the window left and we're gunna be stuck with Mills shitting himself every time he gets the ball because he's used to lumping it forward.

Just because Fawaz was so shit doesn't mean that everything the new regime does is sunshine.
    How much have Birmingham raised through player sales then, you know to balance the books as an FFP-compliant club should do?

Did you forget Boro were nice enough to give us £15m for Britt Assombalonga?

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

This... is the sort of attitude that got us in an FFP embargo. It's 'Only a couple of million' is fine until you're only a million away from hitting your FFP allowance.

We're making progress this season. Be happy with that instead of wanting everything now.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Maybe Brum offered more money, or maybe the figures quoted were more than FM/MW thought he was worth.

They need to tune in to other deals and not broadcast it to anyone else.
    Is DJ Campbell available?

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Is DJ Campbell available?
    For weddings and funerals yes

Left Winger

For weddings and funerals yes
    What about Bar Mitzvah's?

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

What about Bar Mitzvah's?
    He doesnt do moaning so avoids them

We showed the money in previous years and got fuck all in return for it. Amount you spend is only relevant if you're dwarfing other clubs in your league because you're buying the best you can.

Harley Dean wouldn't turn us from a 12th placed side to a top two side.

Personally I'm interested in the longevity of the club. We've come close to losing the very heart and soul of it, both on the pitch and financially behind closed doors, in recent years. A season stabilising, getting back on track and some decent football should be enough for our fans. Demanding splashing the cash just because we can is a pointless endeavour for where the club is currently at. Maybe in two seasons when we're knocking on top six and need that additional quality.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

It's almost like people forget player wages as well. We may have matched fees for players this summer but missed out because we weren't prepared to pay premier league wages, like some will. Quite right, too.

I agree we need a defender but not at the risk of derailing our improved business dealings and structure.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Snowflake

Its a glaringly obvious hole we have not filled from last year...a hole fully exposed by a mediocre side.

Last Saturday was so disappointing on so many levels was hoping a CB would lift the mood.
    I don't disagree Bazza, I just think we need to be patient and let Warbs and McP build a team over the next few seasons than demand every hole be fixed now to the detriment of the club's long-term finances. I don't think this season is in danger of being as dire as the last one, so I'm going to give it time.

Left Winger

It was never really going to be possible for the management team to plug all the holes in the squad in a single transfer window.

I am firmly of the opinion it will be next summer, when we can finally move on some of the dross, that we will see a significantly stronger overall squad at NFFC.

Impressive member

Transition and progress are the bywords for this season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk