Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

      
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Just found out that if you are coming from the North direction the M5 is closed at junction 18.

    Suggest travel onto junction 19 over the bridge and then return NORTH BOUND and come off at junction 18

    from the south bound direction.

    Just set out early if your heading for the Gate


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    So we're ok travelling from Notts?


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_tree1982 View Post
    So we're ok travelling from Notts?
    I believe Nottingham is North of Bristol


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the bath
    Posts
    5,855

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Qué?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk


  6. #5
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    17,409

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Al swim the ukka !


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    9,940

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    In the Navy they play a game similar to Ludo called Uckers. From the dictionary of useless info.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belper
    Posts
    956

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    In the Navy they play a game similar to Ludo called Uckers. From the dictionary of useless info.
    Ludo with tactics. There is great shame when playing Uckers to be called a ludo playing bastard.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    With so many of you fuckers desperate to spend a day in the best city in the country �� I was unable to get an away ticket, instead I will be slumming it in a box..... gonna be chilly out there, but the free food, drink and heated seat should help. I’d still rather be with you. Don’t let me down, I hate losing to feckin city COYRs


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,009

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Luckily, I'm taking the train, more time for drinking then


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,456

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Not much of a walk for me!


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by trentforest View Post
    Just found out that if you are coming from the North direction the M5 is closed at junction 18.

    Suggest travel onto junction 19 over the bridge and then return NORTH BOUND and come off at junction 18

    from the south bound direction.

    Just set out early if your heading for the Gate
    Coming down the M5 you’d want to be coming off at junction 19 anyway as it’s the best way in.


  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    I would prefer to use the A4 portway from junction 18 as
    opposed to using the A369 at junction 19
    Just set out early we don't want no late arrivals


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,205

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    In the Navy they play a game similar to Ludo called Uckers. From the dictionary of useless info.
    No suckbacks or side swipes.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Posts
    2,650

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    I'm also catching the train....looking forward to the long walk from the station...


  16. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    catching the train?

    then get the local train to parson street which takes you two thirds of the way to the ground,then walk.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Stratford Upon Avon
    Posts
    2,650

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by trentforest View Post
    catching the train?

    then get the local train to parson street which takes you two thirds of the way to the ground,then walk.
    thanks. I've never been to Ashton Gate before....I went to Eastville years ago....a truly horrible experience....


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,009

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    I'm also catching the train....looking forward to the long walk from the station...
    Do like me and hire a Brompton bicycle at Temple Meads station and cycle to the ground, most of it straight down the side of the River Avon.

    I'm going prepared, bicycle clip, flat cap and lumberjack shirt, you can't miss me


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    10,312

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Do like me and hire a Brompton bicycle at Temple Meads station and cycle to the ground, most of it straight down the side of the River Avon.

    I'm going prepared, bicycle clip, flat cap and lumberjack shirt, you can't miss me
    I've ya put some Hovis butties in yer snap bag Keef?


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    612

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    I've ya put some Hovis butties in yer snap bag Keef?
    And some hand wipes


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,009

    Default Re: M5 to Bristol closed SATURDAY MORNING

    Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    I've ya put some Hovis butties in yer snap bag Keef?
    Take the piss as much as you like, but I was back at Temple Meads station and homeward bound by 5pm.

    Dead easy.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •