Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loanee Watch

Default Re: Loanee Watch

Wouldn't it be a piss if we could recall Yates and Grant then loan them out to Jack at Chessa for the season. The Sadpies would have coronaries.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    What position did Alex Iacovitti play?
    He played as part of a back 3.

Cheers Bryan, hopefully a good season loan and he’ll be back in the fold when we clear out our defence in the summer. Shame though considering he started the first game of last season!

I see Iacovitti played in another winning Forest Green side and they moved out of the bottom two.

For anyone who is interested here is the Forest Green League record for the season and his part in it NIS in the table is Not In the Squad for the game.

Attached Images Attached Images

Another one out on loan. Evtimov has joined Port Vale on loan - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41789015

Toby Edser talking about a possible loan move in the future

Given the success of Ryan Yates and Jorge Grant at Notts County, it won’t come as much of a surprise that more Nottingham Forest youngsters are open to potential loan moves away from the City Ground to learn their trade in a competitive environment.

The Reds duo have been key performers at Meadow Lane this season, with Kevin Nolan’s men returning to the top of League Two following a convincing 3-0 win over Newport on Saturday, a game in which Grant netted twice; and one where Yates again impressed.

Watching two of his teammates across the river closely has been Toby Edser - one of the most highly-rated youngsters coming through the Reds production line at the Nigel Doughty Academy and perhaps closest to breaking through into the senior squad.

Edser returned to the Under-23s side on Friday, helping Forest earn a dramatic 2-2 draw with last season’s league winners Sheffield Wednesday, and the 18-year-old admits a loan move away from the club wouldn’t be off the agenda.

He does, however, admit that his main focus remains on breaking into Mark Warburton’s senior squad after enjoying a taste of it during pre-season, playing against Mansfield Town in a 4-0 win, having also travelled to Florida for the Reds’ summer training camp at the IMG Academy in Tampa.

“Yes,” he said unequivocally when asked if he’d be open to a loan move in the not too distant future, “though it’s not the first thing you want to do. You’re at Forest, you want to play at the City Ground, but there’s no harm in going out on loan,” he told the Post.

“We’ve still got to keep working hard, keeping chipping away at it and you might go on loan somewhere.”

Grant fired a double on Saturday, taking his tally for the season to 10, while midfielder Yates has caught the eye with his performances in the heart of the Magpies midfield, something that has impressed Edser and the rest of the youngsters at Wilford Lane who have been keeping close tabs on their progress.

“They’re fighting for the title in League Two, they’re both young, they’re both doing very well and you see headlines about them all the time," he said.

“They’re doing the Academy proud; if any of us get the chance to go out on loan, I’m sure we’ll try and do that.”

While academy football is competitive to a point, there’s no substitute for playing league football that carries pressure and expectation, week in, week out and that’s something the teenager, who penned a new three-year contract earlier this season, is mindful of.

“You go out into the real world, you play men’s football in front of crowds; it’s not going to do you any harm," he said.

“If anything, it’ll make you a better player, make you more experienced and that’s evident from some of the boys.”

In the meantime, the cultured left-footed midfielder is content with keeping his head down and working hard to keep Gary Brazil’s side challenging at the top of the Professional Development League, with a trip to Barnsley to come on Friday, before a mouth-watering visit to Pride Park and Derby County looms on the horizon next Monday evening.

“I’m still working hard, like all the other boys,” said the former Charlton performer.

“I had a go in pre-season. We’re still very young and when you look at the first team, there are young lads in there but they’ve still got years on us, there’s still two or three years on us – there’s absolutely no rush.”

Ryan Yates is currently on a hat trick for Notts after scoring two first half goals against Bristol Rovers.

He'll be in the Forest squad next season won't he? He's doing so well at Notts.

Sounds like Grant got a goal and an assist too.

Yates. Top attitude and decent footballer. My concerns with him was mobility (but work ethic, power and stamina could nullify that)

I then thought he needed something more to his game and now he is getting goals. Some headed one's too boot. Nolan is taking him under his wing.

My next concern is does he fit our style ?

I think these are the answers only our footballing staff can answer. Tough one.

I take someone like Cash. He has an all round game, Skill to beat people 1v1, recovery pace and he does have goals which he needs to find for the first team.

Tranmere extend Gerry McDonagh's loan.

Tranmere Rovers have extended Gerry McDonagh‘s loan at the Club until January 2018.

The striker joined Rovers at the start of October from Nottingham Forest and has since made four appearances for the Club.

Manager Micky Mellon said: “Gerry is only 19 but you see from his attributes that he can help us and we can help him in his development.

“It’s important to keep the group moving forward and Gerry’s prolonged stay with the Club will help with that.”​

It's really tough for strikers, because teams want goals, and usually go for the proven strikers to find it. But I think one thing you can say about McDonagh is that he will have a career as a professional footballer. Not sure if he has the goals to be a Champ player, but he's got lots of time to develop that side of him. But he does a lot of the dirty work well, and that will always be valued.

Grant & Yates involved in all 4 of the Sadpies goals from last Friday. The goals.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Grant & Yates involved in all 4 of the Sadpies goals from last Friday. The goals.

Great to see Yates on the scoresheet. That ball from Grant for the third was sublime too, and his run for the fourth also excellent.

Hopefully see both of them slot nicely into our system next season.

Ariyibi scored a brace in the Checkatrade Trophy on Wednesday.

I think he has 6 for the season.

Jesus Christ our loanees are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iacovitti, Grant, Yates, Ariyibi all started for their teams yesterday.

Grant got the assist for Notts' equaliser.

Wins for Notts (Grant/Yates) with Grant scoring twice and for FGR with Iacovitti scoring his first league goal.

Must have felt great.

Forest Green Rovers‏Verified account
    @FGRFC_Official
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!
    @FGRFC_Official 3 (Iacovitti 90+2') @crewealexfc 2

Left Winger

There is nothing better than an injury-time winner!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Devils favourite advocate

When was our last one?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    When was our last one?
    Not a winner but Pinillos v Derby was a pretty important one

Left Winger

When was our last one?
    Sunderland Away was pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Sunderland Away was pretty close.
    Beautiful snatch and grab but not injury time though.... i cant even think... i can remember moose scoring and then being sent off but i think that was for a point V Preston....

Beautiful snatch and grab but not injury time though.... i cant even think... i can remember moose scoring and then being sent off but i think that was for a point V Preston....
    Winner against Barnsley wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Winner against Barnsley wasn't it?
    Correct

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/8303432.stm

Must be this one?

When was our last one?
    Thomas Lam vs Wigan in the 4-3 win last season? That was pretty late on in the game

Brereton v Villa too