Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Frederick Ronnow

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...now-366416.amp does he not think the championship a big enough league

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    If you are ever in Ikea Nottingham Frederick, watch your back.
    Hope for his sake he doesnt rely on a quick exit from the car park.

I haven't heard that we were competing with anyone for him, so if he thinks he's ready for a bigger league, it's not going to happen at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'd rather develop Smith in a risk free mid table season.

The way some of you slate the lad though you'd think we had Barry Roach in goal.

Default Frederick Ronnow

It's not risk free when we just barely stayed safe last season. His distribution wasn't up the par during the Leeds game, no one was really, we need a number two atleast that is trustworthy so we don't put so much pressure on the kid.

This is a bit gutting. We really need a 'keeper who is comfortable with the ball at his feet. It will make so much difference when a team try to press high. Unfortunately Smith can barely reach the half way line when under pressure too. Murphy was looking pissed with it.

Impressive member

Did anyone watch the Liverpool v Arsenal game yesterday? Karius look dodgy as hell playing it out. This problem isn't exclusively ours.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Did anyone watch the Liverpool v Arsenal game yesterday? Karius look dodgy as hell playing it out. This problem isn't exclusively ours.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    No, it's not... but it doesn't mean we can't hope to improve it. Liverpool have a collection of very average 'keepers. (at Prem standard)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    It's not risk free when we just barely stayed safe last season. His distribution wasn't up the par during the Leeds game, no one was really, we need a number two atleast that is trustworthy so we don't put so much pressure on the kid.
    You should be able to see from performances, player recruitment and the absentee of the circus tent that we will be better off this season.

We're not going to get a keeper who makes good reflex saves, is dominant in the air and can distribute the ball well. We're a mid-table Championship side.

Smith's a good shot stopper and can develop his distribution because he's probably spent the first twenty years of his life not being trained to pass the ball around.

If we buy a keeper who can distribute well, then either he's not going to be as good a shot stopper as Smith, or he is, but he'll set us back a lot more money than makes sense for us to spend.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

A little worried if we don't manage to get another goalkeeper. Not relegation worried, but we will struggle in games where we get aggressively pressed worried.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    We're not going to get a keeper who makes good reflex saves, is dominant in the air and can distribute the ball well. We're a mid-table Championship side.

Smith's a good shot stopper and can develop his distribution because he's probably spent the first twenty years of his life not being trained to pass the ball around.

If we buy a keeper who can distribute well, then either he's not going to be as good a shot stopper as Smith, or he is, but he'll set us back a lot more money than makes sense for us to spend.
    And all that is based on what exactly? Because looking around the midtable clubs there are plenty keepers like that. Heck we sold one to Celtic for 500k last summer.

Second point, who is to say Smith's distribution will improve? We have seen none since he came in to the side. Also again who is to say he hasn't had to pass a ball about during his time in the academy?

Lastly your third point goes back to the first. It's why you have scouting systems and a director of football.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

It's not just distribution he needs to improve on - it's communication and organisation of his defence. It will come. Lee Camp was great for this.

Quote Originally Posted by David! View Post
    It's not just distribution he needs to improve on - it's communication and organisation of his defence. It will come. Lee Camp was great for this.
    Sometimes it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what the qualities of a goalkeeper who inspires confidence to his defence are. There are goalkeepers who make mistakes, or are deficient in some facet of their game and yet it is immediately evident that their defenders trust them blindly. And there are other goalies who do everything right, yet the lack of confidence by the rest of the team in them is palpable.

It's like a love affair; it is often difficult to explain chemistry (or lack thereof).

Crystal Palace trying a late swoop for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    And all that is based on what exactly? Because looking around the midtable clubs there are plenty keepers like that. Heck we sold one to Celtic for 500k last summer.

Second point, who is to say Smith's distribution will improve? We have seen none since he came in to the side. Also again who is to say he hasn't had to pass a ball about during his time in the academy?

Lastly your third point goes back to the first. It's why you have scouting systems and a director of football.

He said in a post match interview that this season is the first time hes ever been asked to do any more than just "Kick it as far as you can", Steve Sutton, who was his GK coach at Forest until this season, said the same thing

Snowflake

Not really any of our concern now we've nabbed Federici. It's only a loan but for the time being we don't need any more keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post

First point if we get a goal keeper that can do it all then theyll be heading to the prem not us, second point from his introduction last year his distribution has improved quite allot, third point i cant argue qith as its true.

I'm guessing he's chosen there as he'll get better exposure. Given that Federici is until January (I think?) maybe we'll go back in if he isn't playing as regularly as he thinks.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if a Premier League team or parachute bastard team come in and scupper this last minute.
    Fucking hell GOBIAS you are the best.

wonder if we'll be back in him in january.

Rice 34

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Left Winger

Not going to happen, he thinks the Championship is beneath him.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Not that type of player

I wonder if Palace are still interested in him now De Boer has gone.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough