Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Adam Federici

Default Re: Adam Federici

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Sent back to Bournemouth and Bournemouth & the Premier League have agreed to cancel the loan so we won't cover any of his wages. Fair play.
    Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Classy of them. At a time when it's in short supply in this sport.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    As much as this is a great gesture, I can't imagine McParland agreed to take him on loan without a clause along the lines of 'if he breaks you're having him back'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pretty naive to go back in for him giving his injury status. Never understood the need for another goalkeeper anyway to be honest, let alone one on loan. I'd like to see Henderson get the spot back personally.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Pretty naive to go back in for him giving his injury status. Never understood the need for another goalkeeper anyway to be honest, let alone one on loan. I'd like to see Henderson get the spot back personally.
    It's only naive if you look at it in isolation. Taking him on a 3 month loan with a clause that we send him back if he breaks isn't a bad bit of business if it pays off or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Never understood the need for another goalkeeper anyway to be honest, let alone one on loan. I'd like to see Henderson get the spot back personally.

Henderson is shit and Smith isn't exactly wonderful but Smith is a better keeper than Henderson, and will only get better. Don't see any reason to drop Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Henderson is shit and Smith isn't exactly wonderful but Smith is a better keeper than Henderson, and will only get better. Don't see any reason to drop Smith.
    Fantastic shot stopper.
    Distro's a liability.
    Shaky at crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    Fantastic shot stopper.
    Distro's a liability.
    Shaky at crosses.
    I don't think he's been that shaky at crosses is he? Seems a bit harsh that one.

Distribution ain't fantastic but I don't really see it as that big an issue. It's created a couple of bloopers there is no doubt about that but only way that's going to get better is playing the game how we want to play it and how I think everyone would and should want to see it played. It's risky and we'll balls up but it's the same issue at centre half at full back and so on.

He looks a promising keeper. I'm not too disappointed that he will stay in goal for the foreseeable.

Too School for Cool

If it's a choice between Henderson and Smith then it's Smith every time for me.

But I'd still have Federici over either of them.

We took a punt and it didn't come off. Nothing lost and we move on.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    I don't think he's been that shaky at crosses is he? Seems a bit harsh that one.

Distribution ain't fantastic but I don't really see it as that big an issue. It's created a couple of bloopers there is no doubt about that but only way that's going to get better is playing the game how we want to play it and how I think everyone would and should want to see it played. It's risky and we'll balls up but it's the same issue at centre half at full back and so on.

He looks a promising keeper. I'm not too disappointed that he will stay in goal for the foreseeable.
    Problem is, Warburton is trying to settle a defence into a new system at the same time as Smith is being shaky behind them. His distribution problems come from panicking which is not what you want when you are trying to build something which is why Waburton was so keen to bring someone else in for the short term IMO. It doesn't do Smith much good to be in the firing line constantly while goals rain in and his defence are as much at sea as he is. Having an experienced, quality keeper in there helps the defence and Smith as the defence will be better organised, and Smith will not only someone to learn from but competition that will force him to be better.

As it stands I think he will continue to make the same sort of errors he made on Saturday and Warburton will try Henderson for a bit, realise he's no better and then go straight in the January window with targets ready and get one right away.

Smith is a very good keeper with tons of potential but we've already got Brereton, Worrall and several others beside learning in our side and a goalkeeper has to be one the most pivotal voices on the pitch.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

I would imagine McParland will be spending the next few months sourcing a new goalkeeper to join in January. I can't imagine too many clubs will be keen to lose their number 1 mid-season though, so we'll probably see another loan before a permanent signing joins next summer.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bournemouth have agreed to cancel the loan, which is pretty nice of them, saves us paying his wages. Be nice if that meant we'd be eligible for an emergency loan, but with Smith, Henderson, Evtimov and Bossin, I guess we can't.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Bournemouth have agreed to cancel the loan, which is pretty nice of them, saves us paying his wages. Be nice if that meant we'd be eligible for an emergency loan, but with Smith, Henderson, Evtimov and Bossin, I guess we can't.
    That's a classy move.

Impressive member

Glad we kept the receipt.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Out for three months after successful surgery.