Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Default Re: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Point taken but theres a few extenuating circumstances here that boil my piss.

This poster just fucking bashes every player we have & he's miles away from the action.
    I don't think Bennys average.
    I don't think he gets the credit he deserves for throwing himself into every position he's put.
    The work he does off the ball goes totally unnoticed.
    This inference that every player from the Academy gets wrapped in cotton wool is becoming an issue, with folk seemingly trying to counter it by bashing all the kids.

Bennys the sort of player we pick out of opposition sides as excellent players, yet we seem intent on ripping him apart because he plays for us.
    get over yourself , chairman of the ben osborn fan club , if i bash every player we have - only ben thank you , you bash vaughan every chance you get. osborn has been around the forest side in years since like 18 years old. wish i can say he has improved but he hasn't.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    get over yourself , chairman of the ben osborn fan club , if i bash every player we have - only ben thank you , you bash vaughan every chance you get. osborn has been around the forest side in years since like 18 years old. wish i can say he has improved but he hasn't.
    Yep, I criticise Vaughn, at least try to back it up with reasoned argument & try not to make it personal. Your material on Osborn is mainly fucking cheapshots.

Whatever you say, you climb in to most things we do with a negative slant, which is fine, but you aint going to pick it all up on TV, so your going to get collared by them who go to games.

Yep, I criticise Vaughn, at least try to back it up with reasoned argument & try not to make it personal. Your material on Osborn is mainly fucking cheapshots.

Whatever you say, you climb in to most things we do with a negative slant, which is fine, but you aint going to pick it all up on TV, so your going to get collared by them who go to games.
    It's a long, tedious road he travels. I just ignore him safe in the knowledge that he makes himself look daft enough without any help from me.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    It's a long, tedious road he travels. I just ignore him safe in the knowledge that he makes himself look daft enough without any help from me.
    Have a heart.

It's a long trip to matches, from your armchair to the computer.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Have a heart.

It's a long trip to matches, from your armchair to the computer.
    Some days I curse the internet.

i have criticised osborn for a while , and it is nothing he cannot correct on his own , just put in some time in the gym and be stronger.your criticism of vaughan seemed personal to me , slow down the game , cannot tackle , etc , the same traits you do not apply to ben.i am not the only one here to criticise ben and he's getting more by the week.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

WHAT. A. BALL!!!!

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Left Winger

Ohhhh. This boy is quality.

Absolute quality.

How did he play today? Been shopping so not seen any football.

Ill pick up some highlights somewhere

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by toffeeste View Post

And they will be highlights.

Brilliant display today. Quality.

Dowell is 19. Being a starter in a tough championship is good for him. Given his age, it is not certain that he would earn a spot in Everton's squad next year. Perhaps it would be feasible for you to extend his loan for next year too. If he sees that you're a team going places, he may think it will be good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Dowell is 19. Being a starter in a tough championship is good for him. Given his age, it is not certain that he would earn a spot in Everton's squad next year. Perhaps it would be feasible for you to extend his loan for next year too. If he sees that you're a team going places, he may think it will be good for him.
    Think Everton would be happy to have him in a lower prem team next year, so sign him up

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Superb first half, largely anonymous second half. Surprised he wasn't subbed when we were losing the midfield battle.

Thought he drifted out the game for large periods, gave it away in key areas a few times in the second half but provided a key assist with a lovely pass.

Still work to do with him but you can see he has so much quality.

Most of whats good going forward goes through Dowell. There was lots today, so his performance shouldn't be understated.

Thought our spine was different class today.

Probably should have come off rather than McKay. He's got a great first touch and pass in him, agile too, but he tires very, very quickly. Was anonymous today after HT and likewise at Brentford. Was a bit more active against Barnsley but I think that's because they were just rubbish so even Dowell at half-performance was taking the piss.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Sounds like he us settling well. Got to realise games come quicker and faster in championship than u23s.

Strange one you wouldnt want to burn him out but hes the type of player who needs to play regular as he is a confident player.

He may have tired in the second half but still managed to run past Murphy and cross it in for the penalty

He has a base level of quality that really stands out. Not the finished article yet but he is the type of player who does things that no one else in the stadium sees until he's done it.

Going to be an England international one day if he progresses well. If he can add a physical side to his game and become a dominant athlete, he would be absolutely outstanding. Best midfielder I've seen at Forest since Aaron Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    He has a base level of quality that really stands out. Not the finished article yet but he is the type of player who does things that no one else in the stadium sees until he's done it.

Going to be an England international one day if he progresses well. If he can add a physical side to his game and become a dominant athlete, he would be absolutely outstanding. Best midfielder I've seen at Forest since Aaron Ramsey.
    I dunno if physicality will ever be his thing, in fairness. This is the new wave of English youth that are all about the skill - it's what the F.A wanted. He'll probably need a bit more bite to excel in the Premier in a few years, as you say, but that will come with age.

I agree with those saying that he probably should've come off yesterday but Warbs is clearly in love.

Not that type of player

He did drift out of the game in the second half but he is a player who will shine when we have attacking possession, and look a bit lost when we don't. He was a joy to watch in the first half.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Just seen this on an the everton forum. His touches and technocal ability are second to none for someone his age

He's a little bit talented isn't he.

Here's hoping it's a proper season long and he doesn't go back in Jan. Although looking at Everton's options in that front three area, he's better off here for the year anyway.

He probably isn't ready to play 90mins nearly every game yet, but he's going to influence many more games with his touch, turn and vision. I love that he competes too, he uses his body so well to protect the ball.

He may not go thundering into tackles but he actually shows a lot of strength in that video, on the ball, holding people off with his back to goal. Reminds me a little bit of Dennis Bergkamp.

Was thinking yesterday, it's a real shame we can't get Brereton up front in the team with Murphy and Dowell to stretch the play, run the channels and look for through balls. What a combination that would be.