Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Default Re: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

His awareness is on another level. Was that two perfectly weighted backheels in the space of 10 minutes onto the path of Darikwa, absolutely sublime.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Makes you laugh when looking at this lad play and then reading the comments about our young players who have come through....... not even fit to lace his boots but i bet the reach rounding will continue....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Makes you laugh when looking at this lad play and then reading the comments about our young players who have come through....... not even fit to lace his boots but i bet the reach rounding will continue....
    It's no disrespect to our young lads but there's a reason why players like Dowell are at clubs like Everton.

You see Championship teams loan in young Premier League lads all the time and they always seem to improve their sides massively.

I saw a lot of negative comments about Osborn's missed opportunity, but nobody commented upon Dowell's miss, from a much better angle.

This lad was a class above last night. That scuffed finish aside, he was an absolute joy to watch. Very jealous of Everton to have a kid of his quality coming through the ranks. I would not be surprised to see him starting for England in a few years.

What would be the price if a certain team asked to buy him in January?

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Tough question... it wouldn't be stupid because hes so young but anything that aint stupid wouldn't do the kids ability justice.

When you see Kyle Walker going for £50 million you cant put a figure on it...

I love to see players glide through games.... its a sign of talent and this kid does it with ease.

Be nice for him to carry on doing what he is doing for us and then send him back to Everton and watch his career flourish.. knowing we had the pleasure of seeing him play every week.

More than our club in the current market

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

I saw a lot of negative comments about Osborn's missed opportunity, but nobody commented upon Dowell's miss, from a much better angle.
    There seems to be a really, really stupid mentality, which seems to have started on Twitter that it's now cool to slate all our own-academy produced players for all their little faults, as a backlash to the, perfectly reasonable, mentality that fans have held for years, that home-grown talent gets a bit more leeway and support for being 'one of our own'.
    I find it completely brainless.

He's a level above every other player in the squad. He knows his pass before he gets the ball. He sees passes we don't even see with the benefit of being in the stands.
    He's got a big future ahead of him. He doesn't seem to have the arrogance of a lot of young players do from that level, calm and sensible decision making
    No doubt he'll be injury prone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

I love to see players glide through games.... its a sign of talent and this kid does it with ease.
    Yes, he makes the game look so easy.

So, a couple of bad results and expect some of our fan base to start labeling him lazy. (Whilst, two posts later criticizing Osborn for being all effort no talent..)

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Enjoy this kid while we've got him. Won't see a more naturally gifted footballer like him for a while in a Forest shirt.

Brilliant loan by Warburton, fair play to Everton for trusting Warburton with a footballer who could one day be an England regular.
    Very true... if only we could prize him away from Goodison Park.

They wouldn't sell him and I doubt the player would want to leave... yet.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Twitter

There were a few irrelevant words in your post.
    I have fixed this for conciseness.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Not that type of player

There seems to be a really, really stupid mentality, which seems to have started on Twitter that it's now cool to slate all our own-academy produced players for all their little faults, as a backlash to the, perfectly reasonable, mentality that fans have held for years, that home-grown talent gets a bit more leeway and support for being 'one of our own'.
    It's not just academy players - see also Mills, Traore, Mancienne, Vaughan...etc

And it's not Twitter's fault, or FB's fault or the fault of forums such as this, where players are also regularly slated. Online media doesn't make up posts or tweets for fans. They themselves are solely responsible for what they write.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

You put on a red shirt you should be expected to face criticism and praise dependant on your actions.... i dont find that brainless at all.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Online media doesn't make up posts or tweets for fans. They themselves are solely responsible for what they write.
    But it does make it easier for a small minority to gain themselves a crowd of sheep and quickly become a large minority...

Miserable bastard

You put on a red shirt you should be expected to face criticism and praise dependant on your actions.... i dont find that brainless at all.
    And I expect the relative level or criticism and praise to be tempered in line with individuals levels of experience and remuneration. Sorry if that's too complex, but the world isn't black and white.

In the Clough book by Jonathan Wilson, he remarks on the fan letters sent to the Derby Telegraph (or whatever) bemoaning all sorts of crap - he passes comment that the uber scrutiny of players is nothing new.

I suppose what has changed is the speed, directness, and availability of communication.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

And I expect the relative level or criticism and praise to be tempered in line with individuals levels of experience and remuneration. Sorry if that's too complex, but the world isn't black and white.
    You would think that reading the posts on here.

I have always maintained that the higher we bang them up on a pedestal the further it is for them to fall... its why ive never really got excited by any of the young players coming through and refuse to blow smoke up their arses.

I dont think because they are young they should be immune from criticism... for one it keeps feet on the floor.

Take Osborn, absolutely no disrespect to him but i have always maintained he is a bang average championship player, playing in a shit side.

Nothing more nothing less and absolutely nothing wrong with that. He will miss chances like he did last night, place many a bad pass but every now and again he will produce a touch like that free kick last year... great.

Unfortunately others have put him up so high that now he is playing with better players and the reality of what he is, is coming to fruition hes now suddenly "shit".

He aint shit he is just an average player for this league... he is however one that should we eventually hope to take the next step we'd need to not be relying on every week.

The same will happen to Worrall, Cash, BB, Walker has probably already experienced it although a former manager threw him under a bus... Grant possibly to.

Im glad Dowell is here because hopefully it will bring the realities to some of what a class young player really does look like.

Last edited by Barry; 16-08-17 at 12:43.

Miserable bastard

Im glad Dowell is here because hopefully it will bring the realities to some of what a class young player really does look like.
    Dowell has something of an advantage at this stage though. He's been brought up around a better quality of player, playing a better quality and style of football from day one.

He hasn't been thrown in to a team of struggling and flawed 'professionals' and encouraged to play very negative, safety first football, then a switch to a different style and back again as we flip-flop between managers.

Unfortunately others have put him up so high that now he is playing with better players and the reality of what he is, is coming to fruition hes now suddenly "shit".
    I said pretty much the same in the Barnsley matchday thread.

Osborn is an average player but he'll always do a good job for the team, no matter where he's asked to play he'll put in 100% effort. The reason he's there is he'll give you a 6/7 out of 10 performance every week. Which is more than others were giving last season.

He doesn't have the flair or quality of someone like Zach Clough, even. But he's reliable. He'll never let you down. Some might say, is that all he gives us? Well, when you see how many of the modern footballer doesn't put a shift in or are inconsistent, it makes him somebody you won't easily overlook when you're picking your 11.

Osborn stood out a lot of the time last season but we've brought in some quality players and because he's not showing the class or flair they have, it's being magnified by people I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    He doesn't have the flair or quality of someone like Zach Clough, even.
    Thats an opinion I don't agree with, how can you, when Benny doesn't get to focus on one position for any length of time. Plus Cloughs shown very little to back it up in a Forest shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Thats an opinion I don't agree with, how can you, when Benny doesn't get to focus on one position for any length of time. Plus Cloughs shown very little to back it up in a Forest shirt.
    What I mean is that Clough has the ability to beat two or three men and then with great technique, bend a curling shot from outside the area into the top corner.

Last season Osborn was one of our best. This season it remains to be seen, but at this early stage he's had a lot of minutes so Warboz must see something.

Dowell is class, he really is, but he'll be gone this time next year. How fondly do people look back on Aaron Ramsey, vs say David Prutton?

Osborn's 23 and already a key player, I hope to enjoy seeing his development continue and where he can take things.