Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Default Re: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    He's the brains in the middle, With Bennys energy, they were irresistible in tandem today.

Dowells a real talent. Thought his all round game was a joy to watch.
    That was sexy football.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by forestguy View Post
    If we are pushing for promotion in January MW has to try and keep him, remember what happened in Billy Davies first stint when we failed to secure a loan player till the end of the season?...we stayed in this league.
    He aint going anywhere.... hes good, but not a prem player yet

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Agreed. He's done really well, but needs to cut out losing the ball on the half way line (which he does a bit too regularly), leaving the defence exposed to a quick counter attack. This would get punished a lot more in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The way Everton are going it's going to be an intriguing choice for the lad next season.

If we repeat the kind of performance today on a regular basis then it could be a straight choice between Championship and Premiership football.

Dare to dream. Be still my beating heart.

Quote Originally Posted by forestguy View Post
    If we are pushing for promotion in January MW has to try and keep him, remember what happened in Billy Davies first stint when we failed to secure a loan player till the end of the season?...we stayed in this league.
    If Everton have any sense they wont recall him, he wont start for them and i doubt hed make a matchday squad, why would they want to have him be a backup player and playing for their reserves on the offchance he might get 15 minutes every other month when hes getting regular starting spots here?

Everyone knows that the key to Youngsters developing is playing regular first team football, they would be bonkers to hinder his development.

However, if they did want him back, we shouldnt say no, it would be a short term blow this season, but it would damage relations with a team we want to be on good terms with and might harm our chances with getting long term loans from any Premiership team if we are seen as being unwilling to be flexible.

Let's just enjoy having him in our team for now, he isn't our player but he's clearly putting in a decent shift for Forest and knows full well that his team will want him back if he's playing exceptionally well. That could mean us saying bye in January, wouldn't blame the lad and would happily keep an eye on his future progress.

I'll be royally pissed off if Everton recall him in January and end up selling him to a Championship rival.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    I'll be royally pissed off if Everton recall him in January and end up selling him to a Championship rival.
    Won't happen. They'll want him for when he's ready for PL football.

He's not ready yet. Rinsing QPR is one thing, doing it week in, week out against top teams is another.

Fitness is massively improved already to the point he can complete 90 minutes but he's still letting himself down at times not choosing the right pass or thinking he's got longer than he does. Wouldn't have made a difference to him at youth level but at this level and especially the one above little mistakes get punished.

Also think he needs to add either physicality or nimbleness to his game to fully make the step up. At the moment he is neither strong, nor is he fast or tricky.

Needs a full season at this level but the boy has got the natural talent to go the whole way.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Proud father of the :whoosh:

The Dowell situation is similar to that we have with our lads over the river. Would we want them back in January?

Unsworth loves the kid. He gave him, Jonjoe Kenny and Tom Davies their Prem debuts when Martinez was sacked.

But he may not be in charge by January and they have Klaasen, Sigurdsson, Barkley, Mirallas, Calver-Lewin, Lookman, Lennon, Sandro, Rooney, Vlasic and Niasse as attacking midfielders or attackers they need to get firing first.

Contrary to some comments I've seen, you should hope that Everton is not relegated. If they do it seems more likely that they will get rid of several expensive contracts and rely more on players like Dowell.

If, on the other hand, they stay up, it seems more likely that you will be able to keep him, at least for another year (or possibly for longer, with a hefty sell-on clause).

Dowell is only here for a year.

On the off chance Everton decided they would be willing to sell him, regardless of what league they were in, we won't be able to afford him.

Just enjoy him here for the year, but we'll need to replace him in Summer.

There’s no sensation whereby next season we ‘buy’ him

The only chance we have of him being here next year will be if we go up and we get him on loan. Think they’d go for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 888balluk View Post
    There’s no sensation whereby next season we ‘buy’ him
    Why? He is clearly someone whose market value would increase soon, but it will only increase if he has a lot of playing time for a good team.

Suppose you do so well this season that it is taken for granted that next year you're contenders for promotion. If Everton stay up and do not need Dowell, wouldn't it make sense for them to, e.g., sell him for 5 mil. while either inserting a buy-back clause or reserving a good proportion of his future rights? In a market as crazy as yours, where the distance between a market value of 5m and one of 20m is covered before one has time to shout "come on you reds!", this would seem to be a good financial move for them.

Best Scouser since Woany.

There's not a cats chance in hell Everton will sell him for £5m as long as they're in the Premier League. If he develops into the player he's showing he might be able to become, he's going to be worth 5x that in the English market.

If Everton get relegated and he's deemed surplus to requirements for whatever reason, then either he's not performed well at this level for the remainder of the season and thus there'd be a question mark on whether we would shell out at all on him, or he ends up at a Bournemouth type team.

He won't be at Forest next year, it just isn't going to happen.

Everton's problem now is they are changing direction with their new owner and spending serious money.

Only problem is the first serious bout of money was given to Koeman the fraud (respect him as a footballer but not a coach/manager). So you go to think they will be looking to spend money when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    A glance at one of the more popular Everton forums (Grand Old Club) shows that the overwhelming majority of posters on there are happy that KD is playing regular football at the CG under Mark Warburton's guidance, with the odd comment saying otherwise. This one caught my eye from a poster who is anything but satisfied about the loan arrangement, clearly implying that he's too good for us....

"It's like giving donkeys strawberries handing that lad to a mediocre Championship club"
    We're lucky to have him

Really don't get why some of them want him back so much when there's such a massive gulf between prem and champ... if we had Klassen, Rooney or Sigurdsson here I'm sure each one of them would be doing as well and probably better than dowell. I know it's easy for me to say as a forest fan but leave him here playing in a footballing side and let him have a year playing consistent first team and he'll be ready for them next year. He's nowhere near consistent enough yet to be playing in the prem and any Everton fan thinking he'll go back and single handedly keep them up is deluded.

You don't see any of us wanting Ryan Yates or Jorge Grant back from notts as they're both doing well there, because we know that there's a huge difference between the championship and league 2 and they need consistent first team football at their age which they won't get here.

He is a very talented player but isn't strong or quick enough to be any good in their team yet. As he's probably not going to get quicker, he will need to bulk up a bit, which he probably will with age.

They’d be stupid to recall. Absolutely stupid.

Left Winger

Default The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    They’d be stupid to recall. Absolutely stupid.

Have you seen where they are in the table?

It’s all well and good them describing Forest as a “mediocre Championship club”, but Everton at the moment are a mediocre Premiership club, and they may well be shitting themselves at the prospect of relegation.

Look what happened to Aston Villa.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Have you seen where they are in the table?

It’s all well and good then describing Forest as a “mediocre Championship club”, but Everton at the moment are a mediocre Premiership club, and they may well be shitting themselves at the prospect of relegation.

Look what happened to Aston Villa.
    I know the state of their club, but there’s no need to waste a talent by Dowell getting destroyed by some premier league defender.

Actually I'm not sure they were saying we are a mediocre Champ club. I read it that he is doing well because he plays well when playing with better players.

I thought the chap implied that if they had loaned him to a mediocre Champ club he wouldn't be playing as well as he is.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Really don't get why some of them want him back so much when there's such a massive gulf between prem and champ... if we had Klassen, Rooney or Sigurdsson here I'm sure each one of them would be doing as well and probably better than dowell. I know it's easy for me to say as a forest fan but leave him here playing in a footballing side and let him have a year playing consistent first team and he'll be ready for them next year. He's nowhere near consistent enough yet to be playing in the prem and any Everton fan thinking he'll go back and single handedly keep them up is deluded.

You don't see any of us wanting Ryan Yates or Jorge Grant back from notts as they're both doing well there, because we know that there's a huge difference between the championship and league 2 and they need consistent first team football at their age which they won't get here.
    I would bet if we weren’t doing well this forum would be full of people clamouring for Grant to come back.

Players become the best thing since sliced bread if they are owned by a club and not in the first team.