Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Red til I'm dead

Default Re: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I don't think he's the player you want for a Premier League relegation scrap. He's better here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Plus, they spent £70m on transfers and god knows how much more on wages in the summer on three players who play in his position.

Heís not getting recalled this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

A glance at one of the more popular Everton forums (Grand Old Club) shows that the overwhelming majority of posters on there are happy that KD is playing regular football at the CG under Mark Warburton's guidance, with the odd comment saying otherwise. This one caught my eye from a poster who is anything but satisfied about the loan arrangement, clearly implying that he's too good for us....

"It's like giving donkeys strawberries handing that lad to a mediocre Championship club"

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

He'll be playing for a mediocre champ club if he goes back next season.

Impressive member

And I thought all the Scouse twats wore red...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Warbs has declined to disclose whether or not Everton have a recall clause.
    Make of that what you will.

He's also hinted that it is unlikely we will sign Dowell next year. In other news, the pope is catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    He'll be playing for a mediocre champ club if he goes back next season.
    They're a mediocre Premier League team who were lucky not to get relegated a couple of times before Moyes got hold of them and stabilised the ship.

Lukaku was a massive player for them and part of the reason they were punching above their weight, just like Collymore was for us.

They just haven't been able to replace him and now they're in big shit.

Devils favourite advocate

Just got to hope if thing's get tight towards the end of the season Hans Segas comes out of retirement for them to save the day again.

[QUOTE=Cortez the Killer;2684991]And I thought all the Scouse twats wore red...

Sent from my SM

Blue scouse or red, yr wheels are still gone

He'll either stay the full year or Everton will do what Palace did with Jack Hunt and pull him to sell him or loan him for a bigger loan fee.

He played well on Saturday... But he's nowhere near ready for the Premier League yet... That Poster on the Everton forum hasn't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    He played well on Saturday... But he's nowhere near ready for the Premier League yet... That Poster on the Everton forum hasn't got a clue.
    Id suggest he needs 2 seasons in the championship before he's ready. Hopefully he can get that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    A glance at one of the more popular Everton forums (Grand Old Club) shows that the overwhelming majority of posters on there are happy that KD is playing regular football at the CG under Mark Warburton's guidance, with the odd comment saying otherwise. This one caught my eye from a poster who is anything but satisfied about the loan arrangement, clearly implying that he's too good for us....

"It's like giving donkeys strawberries handing that lad to a mediocre Championship club"
    Thatís a typical view of a PL fan, whereas we can see the benefit of loaning the likes of Jorge Grant to Notts they canít see the benefit of KD spending a year with us and a forward thinking manager like MW, thick as fuck scouse twat.
    Anyhow when he returns to Everton & if he heís any good heíll be off to Man.u as Everton are pretty much a Man.u feeder club.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post

Imagine posting that comment with Ashley Williams in your defence.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    That’s a typical view of a PL fan, whereas we can see the benefit of loaning the likes of Jorge Grant to Notts they can’t see the benefit of KD spending a year with us and a forward thinking manager like MW, thick as fuck scouse twat.
    Anyhow when he returns to Everton & if he he’s any good he’ll be off to Man.u as Everton are pretty much a Man.u feeder club.
    Spot on Jay.

Ourselves, we have seen the benefit of loaning out our young players to develop them. Lascelles and Darlow, who we eventually sold, both profited from lower-level loans.

Joe Worrall was another who had a spell on loan.

I am also confident the loan to County will have improved Jorge Grant no end; whether he stays with us, I don't know, but he would certainly have increased his marketable value with his performances for the saddles.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Id suggest he needs 2 seasons in the championship before he's ready.
    Which is why he'll be perfect to go back to Everton next year

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Id suggest he needs 2 seasons in the championship before he's ready. Hopefully he can get that here.
    I don't know if any stats are out there, but I don't think many players are loaned out in successive seasons to the same recipient club.
    My hypothesis, for what it's worth, is that there will be virtually none.
    My reasoning is that if the real reason for loaning out is to let the player get experience, then the management of the ownning club would probably prefer their player to have experience in a number of different teams, with different playing and managerial styles.
    If Everton do survive, but don't think Dowell is ready for the big time, I would expect him to be loaned out to a different Championship club.
    If Everton are relegated, then I would expect Dowell to figure in their rebuilding to get automatic promotion.
    Either way, we should just enjoy Dowell this season.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    I don't know if any stats are out there, but I don't think many players are loaned out in successive seasons to the same recipient club.
    It doesn't happen much in the UK, but it does on the continent. In Italy, it is quite common for a player to have a two-year loan, especially where "joint" ownership of the player is involved.

FC Bayern have signed James Rodriguez on a two-year loan from Real Madrid for this season and next.

The recently-retired Germany legend Philipp Lahm began his professional career with a two-season spell on loan at VfB Stuttgart from FC Bayern.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    My reasoning is that if the real reason for loaning out is to let the player get experience, then the management of the ownning club would probably prefer their player to have experience in a number of different teams, with different playing and managerial styles.
    If Everton do survive, but don't think Dowell is ready for the big time, I would expect him to be loaned out to a different Championship club.
    If Everton are relegated, then I would expect Dowell to figure in their rebuilding to get automatic promotion.
    Either way, we should just enjoy Dowell this season.
    All valid points, but if he improves and we teach him to play the way they want him to it could.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    It doesn't happen much in the UK, but it does on the continent. In Italy, it is quite common for a player to have a two-year loan, especially where "joint" ownership of the player is involved.

FC Bayern have signed James Rodriguez on a two-year loan from Real Madrid for this season and next.

The recently-retired Germany legend Philipp Lahm began his professional career with a two-season spell on loan at VfB Stuttgart from FC Bayern.
    You are The Man!
    A mine of information on so many things.
    Thanks Chris.

Paolo Rossi is a good example probably:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Rossi

If Dowell follows his path and Forest follow Vicenza's we'll become a yo-yo club and he'll get banned for match fixing and then score the goals that win England the World Cup!

If his standard consistently raises to the level of the Hull game, he'd probably join a relegation scrapping lower EPL club (providing that isn't Everton) similar to Tammy Abraham.

For me, I don't think him playing every game will work, they'll need to manage him carefully and he does have that sort of quality where he can flip a game so bringing him on as a sub every now and then too would be good.
    He's keeping Zach Clough out of the team and although Dowell is better, we're improving someone else's player so as much as I like Dowell, I hope that Clough can force himself into the team ahead of him and do as well as Dowell is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    For me, I don't think him playing every game will work, they'll need to manage him carefully and he does have that sort of quality where he can flip a game so bringing him on as a sub every now and then too would be good.
    He's keeping Zach Clough out of the team and although Dowell is better, we're improving someone else's player so as much as I like Dowell, I hope that Clough can force himself into the team ahead of him and do as well as Dowell is doing.
    All it says to Clough is "You need to be at this level to get in the team" and it pushes him to get better. If he doesn't get better then he won't get in the team or he will be moved on.

It should be like this for every position on the pitch.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    All it says to Clough is "You need to be at this level to get in the team" and it pushes him to get better. If he doesn't get better then he won't get in the team or he will be moved on.

It should be like this for every position on the pitch.
    Exactly. Either Clough improves, or a different player keeps him out of the team next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk