Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Tudders number 1 fan

Default Re: The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

Deserved his bollocking from Osborn for not running into the box first half , I do like Osborn he seems to go unnoticed but we would really miss him if he ever left.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

sent from my hide, using a pigeon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Everton youth coach on Dowell : Best left-foot at Everton since Kevin Sheedy.

Bloody lovely.
    Heard that. Andy Hinchcliffe, for one, might feel aggrieved.

Said before he just needs to up his work rate a little bit and he'll reap the rewards. Osborn shouted at him early on for not getting into the box for a cross and when he does, we've seen him score 2 or 3 now. He's got bags of ability but if he doesn't work hard, he won't cut it in the Prem. I look at players like Silva or De Bruyne at Man City, always very talented players but look how hard Guardiola has got them working now and working for each other and they are flying.

I love Kieran Dowell.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I love Kieran Dowell.
    #ToyBoy

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Completed a full 90 minutes and looked dangerous right until the end. First time he's managed that this season, guess he's been working hard in the gym on his stamina. Excellent performance from the young lad and restored a bit of confidence I'd lost in him - not actually for his goals but his dropping into space and finding the final pass.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

I hope we at least have a clause in his loan contract that if he scores more than 10 goals for us we get our loan fee back as we will have added more than that (whatever it is) to his value.

Personally I wish they would just 'gift him' to us when his loan period is over.

Impressive member

Hopefully Everton will view this season on loan as a success and be keen for Warburton to develop him further next season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    #ToyBoy
    #LuckyBoy

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I hope we at least have a clause in his loan contract that if he scores more than 10 goals for us we get our loan fee back as we will have added more than that (whatever it is) to his value.

Personally I wish they would just 'gift him' to us when his loan period is over.
    I'm hoping that Everton continue to degenerate into an absolute clusterfuck and he doesn't want to go back....

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I'm hoping that Everton continue to degenerate into an absolute clusterfuck and he doesn't want to go back....
    I'm hoping we'll be playing in the league above them next season

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Hopefully Everton will view this season on loan as a success and be keen for Warburton to develop him further next season.

A nice relationship with Everton would be very good for us, they have one of the best youth academies could be very mutually beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    A nice relationship with Everton would be very good for us, they have one of the best youth academies could be very mutually beneficial.
    They do but a lot of talent they've bought as well. Lookman & Calvert-Lewin for example. Galloway to who is on loan at Sunderland. Gibson who just won the u17 WC they bought from Newcastle.

Currently Kenny & Davies in their first team squad. But loaned out Pennington (Leeds), Walsh (Brum) , Williams (Barnsley), Dowell in champ who they produced.

They've been big on recruiment. They used to watch Lascelles a lot & they watching our u18 bunch for a little while now.

PS Also not forgetting they got Stones and Holgate from Barnsley.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 29-10-17 at 15:49.

They do but a lot of talent they've bought as well. Lookman & Calvert-Lewin for example. Galloway to who is on loan at Sunderland. Gibson who just won the u17 WC they bought from Newcastle.

Currently Kenny & Davies in their first team squad. But loaned out Pennington (Leeds), Walsh (Brum) , Williams (Barnsley), Dowell in champ who they produced.

They've been big on recruiment. They used to watch Lascelles a lot & they watching our u18 bunch for a little while now.
    Dont they all do that now though Certainly Chelsea do.

Dont they all do that now though Certainly Chelsea do.
    Surprisingly Chelsea are producing more of their own now. Physical specimen's with good technique and speed. Then they throw in small technical players like Mount and McEachran too. Dominate England youth groups.

Biggest culprits probably Liverpool and Man City and have been punished in recent times.

Surprisingly Chelsea are producing more of their own now. Physical specimen's with good technique and speed. Then they throw in small technical players like Mount and McEachran too. Dominate England youth groups.

Biggest culprits probably Liverpool and Man City and have been punished in recent times.
    Thats Interesting, must be a media bias/focus that makes us think Chelsea are just buying every half decent youth player.

Thats Interesting, must be a media bias/focus that makes us think Chelsea are just buying every half decent youth player.
    They were doing it but more 20-24 age group

Pat Bamford
    Izzy Brown
    Kasey Palmer

As main examples.

Their man imports these days are foreign because they producing top English talent themselves in each age group.

It is interesting how things have changed.

Funnily enough Liverpool are stealing talent from Chelsea and Arsenal and they recently got banned in a pathetic attempt to sign a 11 year old from Stoke.

City just been warned. Recent issues with Liverpool, Everton, Utnited & Wolves. They basically doing what Chelsea were doing but lower down they starting to produce loads themselves now.

Chelsea bought Ethan Ampadu from Exeter, who has only just turned 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    Chelsea bought Ethan Ampadu from Exeter, who has only just turned 17.
    That's right. Their current u17s was probably their weakest in-take in terms of depth in a while eventhough u17 WC stars Panzo & Hudson-Odoi are in the group. The latter been playing u23s regularly this season .

They also signed Scottish and Rangers star Billy Gilmour in the same group.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 29-10-17 at 16:32.

Do Everton have a recall option?

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I didn't think that you could on season long loans?

Could be wrong though!

Default The Kieran Dowell appreciation thread

For me not having Murohy up there helped him as Cummings did help drag the defenders around a little more. But no doubting for the final 70 minutes or so he looked like a top notch playmaker/advanced midfielder.
    He looked a couple of yards quicker. And he linked the team beautifully.
    I’ve been very critical of him of late. But that display was of a man many years his senior. And destined for bigger things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know Dowell scored a hat-trick last night, so this is definitely a glass half full type of comment, but I thought a lot of play broke down simply because he didn't play the easy ball, or worse messed up a simple pass. On the plus side were the goals, that he took up good positions inbetween the lines, and that there were some powerful driving runs, especially as he got more confident. But I was frustrated that we let good positions go because he was careless on the ball.

Of our own young ones, I thought Worrall and Osborne had great games, and Walker looked lively when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ray's Redlist View Post
    I know Dowell scored a hat-trick last night, so this is definitely a glass half full type of comment, but I thought a lot of play broke down simply because he didn't play the easy ball, or worse messed up a simple pass. On the plus side were the goals, that he took up good positions inbetween the lines, and that there were some powerful driving runs, especially as he got more confident. But I was frustrated that we let good positions go because he was careless on the ball.

Of our own young ones, I thought Worrall and Osborne had great games, and Walker looked lively when he came on.
    Fair shout, but compare the Burton & Hull Performances & the evidence as to Dowells influence on our overall potency in attacking areas is overwhelming.

The finished product he aint, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    I don't think he's the player you want for a Premier League relegation scrap. He's better here.