Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kieran Dowell

Default Re: Kieran Dowell

Given that we lost Burke and Lansbury last season, we needed to bring in quality attacking players to add some creativity to the midfield and replace the goals that Burke and Lansbury brought to the side. Clough, McKay and now Dowell were all necessary signings that improve us.

Our defence isn't as bad as last season may have made it seem; lack of organisation, a different back four every week and some erratic goalkeeping from Henderson and Stojkovic played a huge part in that. Worrall and Mancienne are decent enough, Mills and Fox can do a job at centre half if need be, Lichaj and Darikwa are good right backs, my main concern is left back as Traore is injury prone. Not the best, but I expect our defence to perform considerably better than last season.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jesus christ why do we have so many moaning fans, the same people on here have moaned about every single signing so far this window, too old, too young, too expensive, too cheap, signed from a poor league.

Just trust the management to do their job MW and FM have an excellent record of signing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Given that we lost Burke and Lansbury last season, we needed to bring in quality attacking players to add some creativity to the midfield and replace the goals that Burke and Lansbury brought to the side. Clough, McKay and now Dowell were all necessary signings that improve us.

Our defence isn't as bad as last season may have made it seem; lack of organisation, a different back four every week and some erratic goalkeeping from Henderson and Stojkovic played a huge part in that. Worrall and Mancienne are decent enough, Mills and Fox can do a job at centre half if need be, Lichaj and Darikwa are good right backs, my main concern is left back as Traore is injury prone. Not the best, but I expect our defence to perform considerably better than last season.
    Last seasons keeper stats:
    Henderson shipped 15 Goals from 11 starts and 2 clean sheets
    Stoikovic shipped 36 goals from 20 starts and 1 clean sheet

Smith statistics arguably the best at 20 goals shipped from 14 games with 4 clean sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde Red View Post

Smith statistics arguably the best at 20 goals shipped from 14 games with 4 clean sheets
    Those stats make depressing reading, i think we'll do better this seaaon with a settled defence.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Jesus christ why do we have so many moaning fans, the same people on here have moaned about every single signing so far this window, too old, too young, too expensive, too cheap, signed from a poor league.

Just trust the management to do their job MW and FM have an excellent record of signing players.
    Well said.

can see what warburton is looking for , an attacking midfielder who has passing vision , technical abilities and able to score goals. Guess fulham fans will feel safe that macdonald will not be poached anymore. Warburton is obviously satisfied with vaughan as the main defensive midfielder with bocha pushing him. Left now argubly is left wingback and goalkeeper position.

Last edited by marshal99; 02-08-17 at 02:41.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Guess fulham fans will feel safe that macdonald will not be poached anymore.
    Based on what exactly? I haven't seen anyone say this is our business done for the summer?

Just to echo one of the above comments, I wish people would stop fucking moaning. For all these good players we supposedly have we stayed up on goal difference. This lad on paper looks similar to when Brentford brought in Pritchard who tore us a new arsehole when we played them a few seasons back.

I still wouldn't be shocked to see a couple more brought in, possibly a defensive midfielder and a goalkeeper. Still plenty of time in this window.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

Too good for Nottingham Forest.

Looks like the kind of quality player we need. Importantly he carries a goal threat for those tight games where you need a match winner.

As above, I doubt this concludes our business this summer. MW did say he wanted to bring 2 in this week.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Has he singed yet?

On paper, he looks like a clever signing. Once again, my predictions proved worthless: I expected a big money signing in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    As above, I doubt this concludes our business this summer. MW did say he wanted to bring 2 in this week.
    Yes, but it surely concludes your business as far as positions beyond the defensive midfielder are concerned. Too many people up front. And, surprisingly for me, no signings in the centre of the defence so far.

Sounds like a promising midfielder gets stuck in box to box has an eye for goal and very talented,nothing not to like really.Look forward to seeing him progress.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

He actually is to good for us. Get him in.

Too good for Nottingham Forest.

Looks like the kind of quality player we need. Importantly he carries a goal threat for those tight games where you need a match winner.

A left back will ride over Trent Bridge on a white horse on Friday, adding to the general chaos. He will start and lead us back to the promised land. It's written in the stars.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    A left back will ride over Trent Bridge on a white horse on Friday, adding to the general chaos. He will start and lead us back to the promised land. It's written in the stars.
    Pearce?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Pearce?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Joe Heath

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    Has he singed yet?
    No, but he's red hot.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    On paper, he looks like a clever signing. Once again, my predictions proved worthless: I expected a big money signing in midfield.

Yes, but it surely concludes your business as far as positions beyond the defensive midfielder are concerned. Too many people up front. And, surprisingly for me, no signings in the centre of the defence so far.
    Ive pointed it out before, but given the amount of central defenders already here (and on high wages) id be very surprised if we signed another one unless we can get rid of one of them (unless we sell Worrall, which we shouldnt, we wont)

No tattoos... Not good enough for #nffc

Quote Originally Posted by Ryde Red View Post

And to be fair to Smith his debut was a 5-1 Thumping of Norwich off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    Ive pointed it out before, but given the amount of central defenders already here (and on high wages) id be very surprised if we signed another one unless we can get rid of one of them (unless we sell Worrall, which we shouldnt, we wont)
    Getting rid of some of the defenders was the first thing I expected McParland to do. Apparently it wasn't easy. But perhaps there's a long term reasoning: if I'm not mistaken, Mills, Lam, Hobbs, and Fox all have contracts expiring next summer. Perhaps the idea then is not to spend money on compensation for prematurely terminating contracts, since they will all be leaving next year anyway.

Serious goal vs FC Twente (at about 4.10). Love the way he plays the ball off his opposing foot when skinning the player.

He seems to be a gifted long-range shooter going by the various highlights and Everton fan comments.

Excited by this.
    EXACTLY what Forest needs in midfield.
    Some box to box energy! As others have alluded still lacking at LB.
    But overall we can't complain at any of these signings whatsoever. Good stuff from FM and MB.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post

Maybe he is the 'big money' signing. I wonder what his transfer value would be if a club wanted to buy him.

Left Winger

Maybe he is the 'big money' signing. I wonder what his transfer value would be if a club wanted to buy him.
    More than we could afford, I suspect.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Looks a decent player & another cracking signing. Especially if this is a trigger to move Brereton inside.

Another indicator that MW may look to replicate his Brentford blueprint, so we're in for a treat this season I reckon.

If Bouch is the first pick at DM, then I'd say we're about ready to go.