Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kieran Dowell

Default Re: Kieran Dowell

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Interesting that we're taking a young midfield player on loan when we have the likes of Edser to come through and play there.

I expected experience but I trust McParland, Warburton et al.
    Edser is a completely different player, it won't block his progression at all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Would have preferred a permanent signing for the midfield role than a loan signing.

However he's clearly a very good player, another signing well liked / highly rated by fans of the club we are signing him from and comes to us on the back of an excellent stint with the England U20's this summer. Also this is much better than a young player from the likes of Chelsea or Man City too, as Everton generally do well at bringing their young players into the first team picture so Dowell will come here wanting to give 100% to impress his parent club. Have a good feeling about this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Would have preferred a permanent signing for the midfield role than a loan signing.

However he's clearly a very good player, another signing well liked / highly rated by fans of the club we are signing him from and comes to us on the back of an excellent stint with the England U20's this summer. Also this is much better than a young player from the likes of Chelsea or Man City too, as Everton generally do well at bringing their young players into the first team picture so Dowell will come here wanting to give 100% to impress his parent club. Have a good feeling about this one!
    Agree with this. He's not far from breaking in to the team. Many believe he is one loan season away from breaking in. He will get you goals from midfield and is a grafter. Puts a challenge in and us a typical box to box midfielder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Meh. I'd rather we developed one of our own players, rather than some fucker else's.
    Bit of a harsh criticism to be honest given we've bled more youngsters than most clubs in this league. Developing our own is more about educating them at youth level until they are ready for the first team - not chucking them in prematurely.

If we had a creative goal threat attacking midfielder tearing up the under 23s I bet Warburton wouldn't hesitate to promote him.

Quote Originally Posted by QUARKSOUP View Post
    Bit of a harsh criticism to be honest given we've bled more youngsters than most clubs in this league. Developing our own is more about educating them at youth level until they are ready for the first team - not chucking them in prematurely.

If we had a creative goal threat attacking midfielder tearing up the under 23s I bet Warburton wouldn't hesitate to promote him.
    So what happens with clough and osborn?

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toffeeste View Post
    Agree with this. He's not far from breaking in to the team. Many believe he is one loan season away from breaking in. He will get you goals from midfield and is a grafter. Puts a challenge in and us a typical box to box midfielder.
    What's he like at taking a set piece toffeeste?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    So what happens with clough and osborn?

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    They continue to play. It's a 46 game season, this guy looks like an alternative to Mahoney to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRedForever View Post
    What's he like at taking a set piece toffeeste?
    To be honest he doesn't take a lot of set pieces. U23s had the likes of Connolly and Kenny taking free kicks.

He will score plenty of 20 to 30 yarders though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We really don't need him though where is the defence minded players!! Can't anyone see the problem from last year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    We really don't need him though where is the defence minded players!! Can't anyone see the problem from last year!!!
    There's still a month to go in the transfer window!!!!!!! And Mark Warburton knows better than me, you and everyone else here about who we need!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    They continue to play. It's a 46 game season, this guy looks like an alternative to Mahoney to me.
    It's also worth noting that all three of Clough, Osborn and Dowell can play a number of different roles. In Dowell's case, he can play a box to box midfield role, or can play on the left or right for example. All fit Warburton's model of having versatile players who can fill in and change roles as and when required.

Given Everton's excellent record at producing quality young players, if their fans think he is good enough to replace Ross Barkley then that's good enough for me.

Impressive member

Me too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Meh. I'd rather we developed one of our own players, rather than some fucker else's.
    I don't really think we're in a position to bemoan a (potential) injection of quality into the team. The right loan at the right time can do wonders for a team - see Pritchard at Brentford, under Warburton. It's hard to know if this will be like that, but there's no reason to not be optimistic.

Mods at war

Sent from my left bollock using AOL messenger

The problem last year was that we got rid of game-winning talent on the wing, blud.

Of course we need attacking quality. We're hopefully playing an attacking style this year.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Few Tweets from Evertonians:

Pog @Poggymac
    Gutted to see Dowell's not in Koeman's plans next season but he badly needs a loan, #nffc is a great club for him. Excited for their fans.

NorthernOaf‏ @NorthernOaf

He's gonna be a great player! A lot of EFC fans was hoping to see him around the 1st team this season.

GP‏ @GCP1989

Kieran Dowell to Forest on loan is a great signing, possibly the biggest #EFC talent loaned out since Barkley to the championship.

Blue‏ @DixieBlue1878

A bit upset that hes not going to be introduced to the 1st team tbh. Hes good enough. Will do really well at forest.

And a write up from the Liverpool Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...s-new-13362189
    Sounds like he's the talent to be first choice.

Very promising from what Everton fans are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC_Josh View Post
    Anyone scores hat trick like that v lester is a friend of mine. Christ we nearly loaned that keeper last year - lucky break.
    Welcome to Forest

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    The problem last year was that we got rid of game-winning talent on the wing, blud.

Of course we need attacking quality. We're hopefully playing an attacking style this year.
    It's part of the problem but shipping the second highest amount of goals in the league is criminal and that shows our defensive players are a shambles. We have McKay, Osborn and Clough that can all play there. Literally we don't have one decent reliable centre back at the moment.

Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 01-08-17 at 23:12.

This kid is quality.
    We've got nothing in the academy that's anything like him so he's not holding anyone up.
    He'll get stuck in too, not afraid of the physical stuff and will improve us defensively by just enabling us to be on the front foot.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    There's still a month to go in the transfer window!!!!!!! And Mark Warburton knows better than me, you and everyone else here about who we need!!!!!!!
    You could apply that to any football manager forest has had that they all should know better but at the end of the day past manager transfers have made us worse so perhaps not all managers know better?? Look I'm not upset with signing I just don't think that warbuton is worrying about the defensive players in the squad, well it comes across like that. He may do but I wish he would quickly sort out some signings.

Last edited by EmmersonForest4; 01-08-17 at 23:07.

Mate supports Everton and raves about him, says he strolls around like he's Pirlo but he has the talent to back it up

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC_Josh View Post
    All those goals were absolute class. First one was unbelievable.

Looks like he's got it technically, could be another Pritchard.

It's part of the problem but shipping the second highest amount of goals on the league is criminal and that shows our defensive players ars a shambles. We have McKay, Osborn and Clough that can all play there. Literally we don't have one decent reliable centre back at the moment.
    Don't think he's threatening their places to be honest.

As for the defence. Whilst I wouldn't be averse to bringing in a decent centre half we haven't got bad defenders. We've had a defence that's rarely settled, been badly managed and who for large parts of games have had to soak up a lot of pressure due to deficiencies in front of them.
    Don't forget these same rubbish defenders were part of a defence that conceded 7 goals in 13 games for a spell under Freedman. Freedman couldn't achieve that and step foot in the oppositions half. Warburton can.

Quote Originally Posted by DocForest View Post
    Don't think he's threatening their places to be honest.

As for the defence. Whilst I wouldn't be averse to bringing in a decent centre half we haven't got bad defenders. We've had a defence that's rarely settled, been badly managed and who for large parts of games have had to soak up a lot of pressure due to deficiencies in front of them.
    Don't forget these same rubbish defenders were part of a defence that conceded 7 goals in 13 games for a spell under Freedman. Freedman couldn't achieve that and step foot in the oppositions half. Warburton can.
    We had plenty of possession last year and we had attacking players but literally every time a cross comes into the box we looked vulnerable. You make a fair point about Dougie but if warbuton plays like Montanier which he will then these defenders don't have the skills to keep us solid. They are weak mentally, biscuity and I would argue have lost some quality. I also agree that they need a proper defensive midfielder in front of them. This is why I don't get all these attacking signings. Not one has been defensive at the mo.

No comparison with Montanier for me. Far more organised and far more settled. That will reduce the number of goals we concede for a start. Don't get me wrong I still think we'll have deficiencies as a team but things are looking up in my opinion.