Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left Full Back Cover

Default Left Full Back Cover

Mods - please merge this if you think its necessary.

Do you think we have sufficient cover if Traore gets injured? I know Lichaj can cover at LB but he doesn't have a decent left foot so will have to check back before crossing. Warbs could maybe utilise some of our LW players as LWB? I just think we are a little light in that area since Danni left (especially knowing Traore's injury record).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Default Re: Left Full Back Cover

Players that can (& have) play left back:

Traore
    Fox
    Cohen
    Vaughan
    Mancienne
    Lam
    Lichaj
    Mancienne

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post

Traore
    Fox
    Cohen
    Vaughan
    Mancienne
    Lam
    Lichaj
    Mancienne
    The only 'conventional' left backs in the list are Traore and Fox (the latter is much better suited at centre back).

Impressive member

I think I read that Nixon says we're still after a left-back and a central midfielder.

I'm hoping it's Bidwell and Luongo from QPR.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Traore
    Fox
    Lichaj
    Fixed that for you.

Looks like Traore's going to be given a role in the centre back position of a 3-4-1-2. I'd argue in that case neither Fox nor Lichaj are of sufficient quality to fill in LWB role, so we probably want to sign a LB. If desperate we could put McKay there but seems a complete waste of his talent.

.k I m
    I m u mm

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I think I read that Nixon says we're still after a left-back and a central midfielder.

Hope so too........we cant rely on makeshift left backs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Looks like Traore's going to be given a role in the centre back position of a 3-4-1-2. I'd argue in that case neither Fox nor Lichaj are of sufficient quality to fill in LWB role, so we probably want to sign a LB. If desperate we could put McKay there but seems a complete waste of his talent.
    Agree

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Just cos you don't like them in that position doesn't mean they can't play there if desperate.

But I do agree that we need better cover in that position.

Miserable bastard

Traore
    Fox
    Cohen
    Vaughan
    Mancienne
    Lam
    Lichaj
    Mancienne
    Also, Osborn played their extensively as a youngster...which is probably why he gets deployed as LWB.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

Why would they leave QPR to come here? They're regulars in the first team I think, at a club with a better chance of success...

I still don't fully understand the decision to let Danni go, he is an excellent LB and his injury record (over the past few seasons) in no worse than Traore's.

Cohen is the most competent left back on that list, despite it not being his preferred position

Traore will be injured most of the season, Fox is terrible at left back, the others are square pegs in round holes (which as we know from past experience that it never ends well when we try that).

We need a dependable first choice left back that can play around 40 games a season.

Always thought it was Cohen's best position and he's got the lung capacity to get forward as well.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O.Tricky. View Post
    Always thought it was Cohen's best position and he's got the lung capacity to get forward as well.
    Me too. I think Cohen always did a great job there.

Maybe Iacovitti will be given a chance too? I don't think he's been sent out on loan or is up for a loan?

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Also, Osborn played their extensively as a youngster...which is probably why he gets deployed as LWB.
    god , no. no pace , can't head , weak , doesn't like to tackle , osborn is everything you don't want as a defender.

Look at the first 3 mansfield moments - got muscled easily out of the ball , doesn't bother to jump for a header and half hearted attempt at a challenge.

god , no. no pace , can't head , weak , doesn't like to tackle , osborn is everything you don't want as a defender.

Look at the first 3 mansfield moments - got muscled easily out of the ball , doesn't bother to jump for a header and half hearted attempt at a challenge.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

I wasn't saying I would pick him there, just that he has played there. It's like I'd never have picked Pereira at Full-back, because he was everything I didn't want there too, yet some people were convinced he was a full-back.

The Stags best moments

Impressive member

Why would they leave QPR to come here? They're regulars in the first team I think, at a club with a better chance of success...
    No chance. If you think QPR under Ian Holloway have a better chance of succeding than Warburton's Forest, you are seriously overestimating them. Even with another 2 years of parachute payments I fancy us to finish above them.

The reason I mentioned them is the media reports linking us with them. Admittedly, it's probably BS, but it's no more outlandish than other tenuous links.

Traore
    Fox
    Cohen
    Vaughan
    Mancienne
    Lam
    Lichaj
    Mancienne
    Traore is injury prone, Lichaj, Mancienne (who you've listed twice), Fox and Lam CAN play there but are better utilised elsewhere, Cohen doesnt have the athletic ability to play there anymore and i dont recall Vaughan playing at LB and even if he can, see cohen for why he shouldnt.

So yes, we have a lot of players able to play LB in an emergency, but we need someone whose position it is naturally, because Traore is the only person i would say is a natural LB atm and we cant depend on him for an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    Traore is injury prone, Lichaj, Mancienne (who you've listed twice), Fox and Lam CAN play there but are better utilised elsewhere, Cohen doesnt have the athletic ability to play there anymore and i dont recall Vaughan playing at LB and even if he can, see cohen for why he shouldnt.

So yes, we have a lot of players able to play LB in an emergency, but we need someone whose position it is naturally, because Traore is the only person i would say is a natural LB atm and we cant depend on him for an entire season.
    To be fair, Traore has played well in pre-season and if he stays fit most/all the season (and its a big IF) then we should be fine.......but its a big risk to take!

It's nowt new.......

https://seatpitch.co.uk/2015/07/28/3...back-position/

If we enter the season with the current LB/LWB cover what we have, I won't worry. It's a problem that only a few have every really come close to solving in 20 odd years.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

If we're after another L.B then for me its not L.B cover its a L.B starter, id use traore as cover. Fox frightens life out of me at L.B.
    To be fair Traore looked good pre season but whether its down to injury or form, his games played recored over seasons is poor.
    11/12 season 23 games (prem).
    12/13 26 (prem).
    13/14 22 (champ).
    14/15 16 (prem).
    15/16 0 (champ).
    16/17 12 (champ).

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by psychohasyournumber View Post
    If we're after another L.B then for me its not L.B cover its a L.B starter, id use traore as cover.
    No way. Traore is class. When he's not injured.