Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Best game to attend. Would appreciate your comments

Default Best game to attend. Would appreciate your comments

We are planning our first ever trip to England, and therefore intend to watch a Forest match in person. We would only be in England for 2 weeks (maybe 3 ??....)

Dates are not confirmed, but I know my missus does not want to be in New York early March, and NYC will be before England on our holiday - so Derby is a definite NO unfortunately.

Earliest we would be in England is for the Millwall match at The Den March 31, 2018. Even then that may be too early - I know it is not at the City Ground, but may be an option...

April is more likely when we would be in England, and we would also consider going to the following games:

April 2 vs Barnsley at the City Ground

April 10 v Brentford at the City Ground

April 14 v Ipswich Town at the City Ground

April 28 v Bristol City at the City Ground

Please advise which game (we would only attend 1) you would consider the best for atmosphere, and likely to attract the best crowd.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Best game to attend. Would appreciate your comments

Quote Originally Posted by Red Said Fred View Post
    We are planning our first ever trip to England, and therefore intend to watch a Forest match in person. We would only be in England for 2 weeks (maybe 3 ??....)

Dates are not confirmed, but I know my missus does not want to be in New York early March, and NYC will be before England on our holiday - so Derby is a definite NO unfortunately.

Earliest we would be in England is for the Millwall match at The Den March 31, 2018. Even then that may be too early - I know it is not at the City Ground, but may be an option...

April is more likely when we would be in England, and we would also consider going to the following games:

April 2 vs Barnsley at the City Ground

April 10 v Brentford at the City Ground

April 14 v Ipswich Town at the City Ground

April 28 v Bristol City at the City Ground

Please advise which game (we would only attend 1) you would consider the best for atmosphere, and likely to attract the best crowd.

Cheers
    Much will depend on where we or the opposition are in the league at that time. The opposition fans usually add to the atmosphere, so I'd skip Brentford........although they are probably the best footballing team out of the 4. It would be good to see Forest win so I'd say Ipswich as we usually beat them at home.

Bristol City game.

Its Saturday, its 3.00pm start, Bristol City will bring a few & its more than likely the game that will secure us a play off spot.

Get it booked.

Forest v Ipswich is always like a 1977-81 era classic. Red/White v Blue/White and real fans not plastics.

...the Liatrom Red

If you've never been called a 'Scab' in your life, opt for the Barnsley match.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    If you've never been called a 'Scab' in your life, opt for the Barnsley match.
    It is like the "Land That Time Forgot" up there.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Well you've managed to choose a cohort of games which will likely be some of the worst we'll see next season, so well done on that.

Personally I'd pick the Brentford game because it'll be the most entertaining in terms of actual football played. Bristol City might be a slightly better atmosphere but it's not like Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday would be in town.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

I already feel sorry for the obvious 'arranged for the Bristol game and now Sky have moved it' post we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk