Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: What if labs

Default What if labs

Ok something got me thinking. Moot i know because whats past is past, but what possibke futures could have been had if we didn't sell certain players.
    Starting with Stan (an easy one i guess)
    July of 95 he stays, announcing his loyalty and a new 5 year dea. Owners choose to reject all bids.
    Based on his goals (14) in 95/96 in a very tight table helps another top4 finish and a european spot.
    The next year he bagged 15. We went down that year of course, but his goals are enough to secure mid table.
    May of 97 he is sold to villa for £7m.
    Kevin Campbell was never signed, PVH is the direct replacement for stan.
    96/97 8th, 97/98 4th and Europe. Money rolling in steady now.
    98-02 are mid table years, 03/04 a flirt with the drop, then steady reconciliation through to 10/11 culminating in an fa cup win and 5th place finish. 11/12 is a 4th place, 12/13 a european competition final, 13/14 mid table, by now we are a steady top 10 prem side, easily able to buy players.
    The irvin scholar buyout never happened, platt never happened, the ground was developed and is now a leading "old style" ground, mixing tradition and tech.
    Each year we hope that extra push can land the top spot.

Oh what could have been.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: What if labs

What's "labs"?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    What's "labs"?
    Lost another bloody striker?

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

I'm happy to be corrected by the OP, but having re-read it, I'm guessing the thread title was meant to read.....What If, Lads?

I thought it was a thread speculating about the future of Labrador retrievers.

Left Winger

Muppet Labs, with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his able assistant, Beaker?

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Muppet labs is the train of thought yeah.
    Sorry if thats too 'rupert' for the newer lads

Or we hang on to Dawson & Reid etc. & back Hart instead of pulling the rug from under him, get promoted playing some lovely stuff, and use said Clough-esq philosiphies to push back to the top.........

Or Billy gets Shorey, continues our incline, and gets us back to the Prem............

Or SOD gets those wingers he talked about in Jan, builds on the confidence & gelling 4-2 Leeds thrashing, with the newfound service from out wide Sharp's natural finishing ability serves us massively well and we're back in the Prem.......

etc. etc.

We are where we are sadly. Life's wank and we're all going to die.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

We dropped out the prem at the wrong time.... we finished 3rd at the wrong time... we then got sold to the wrong consortium. We have not recovered since

...Meanwhile Britney Spears is over here touring and she notices me in a crowd and promptly sits on my face all the way back to LA, where I get a job as Superman. After an oil-wrestle between Britney and my new belle, Angelina Jolie, Jolie wins and promptly gets a tattoo of me on her right knocker.

My new found wealth allows me to buy NFFC and to help I plough in £200m and we buy Ronaldo and later C.Ronaldo and win the Champions League. Thrice.

And England win the World Cup.

These Labs are fun!

(Too far with the England bit, though?)

Alf!!!!! Billy wouldn't have got Shorey for two reasons.
    1. The OP gave a scenario; Billy Davies wouldn't have been anywhere near our club.
    2. Shorey wouldn't have come to us anyway. He had a chance to play in the prem with Fulham and it was an easy choice for him to make. It really wasn't about financial backing in that case. But say it enough times as Goebbels thought, and the people will believe him.

BTW, you promised last year (as everyone on here will attest) that you would never mention Billy Davies again. Ever. And you said you'd buy a match day round in the Embankment.

Last edited by RRRREDUN; 17-07-17 at 16:30. Reason: repeated words

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    Alf!!!!! Billy wouldn't have got Shorey for two reasons.
    1. The OP gave a scenario; Billy Davies wouldn't have been anywhere near our club.
    2. Shorey wouldn't have come to us anyway. He had a chance to play in the prem with Fulham and it was an easy choice for him to make. It really wasn't about financial backing in that case. But say it enough times as Goebbels thought, and the people will believe him.

BTW, you promised last year (as everyone on here will attest) that you would never mention Billy Davies again. Ever. And you said you'd buy a match day round in the Embankment.

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post

"Hows wolfie?"

https://youtu.be/qKLTbJMJOSI

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Wolfie's just fine honey............"

WOLF-from-Gladiators-563075.jpg

What if Brian Clough had won his first few games at Leeds

what if Derby had disappeared up their own kyte !