Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
Results 1,601 to 1,621 of 1621

Thread: Daryl Murphy

Default Re: Daryl Murphy

Always put in 100% so can’t have any complaints about his attitude and effort, but should never have been starting games ahead of Grabban at any stage last season.

Would still do well at one of the bottom half Championship teams. Unfortunately for big Murph, that is where we want to be moving far away from.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    Always put in 100% so can’t have any complaints about his attitude and effort, but should never have been starting games ahead of Grabban at any stage last season.

Would still do well at one of the bottom half Championship teams. Unfortunately for big Murph, that is where we want to be moving far away from.
    Seen Ipswich fans talk about taking him back, I reckon he'd do a really good job at that level.

He's not awful, but I think the top half of the Championship is beyond him now. It's not his fault we paid a silly fee and offered him a 3 year deal, I hope he does well in his next move. Helping Ipswich get promoted would be a nice way for him to end his career.

Menior Sember

I honestly think it's League One and below for him now. He no longer has the mobility to compete up front in the Championship.

Good luck to him though.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Seen Ipswich fans talk about taking him back, I reckon he'd do a really good job at that level.

He's not awful, but I think the top half of the Championship is beyond him now. It's not his fault we paid a silly fee and offered him a 3 year deal, I hope he does well in his next move. Helping Ipswich get promoted would be a nice way for him to end his career.
    Ipswich would be a good move. They could alternate him with a young player with potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red til I'm dead

Rumours at the Doncaster end that they want him as John Marquis’ replacement. Decent move for all if it goes through I think.

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Rumours at the Doncaster end that they want him as John Marquis’ replacement.
    If Marquis could barely move, then Doncaster have indeed found their replacement.

Good move for him if it happens. I hope he goes to a decent League One club and gets promoted, be nice to see him finish his career on a high.

Menior Sember

He'll go Rov'rum

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    A few whispers on Twitter. I hope it isn't true; I'm sure it'd spell the end of Britt if it was.

34 years old and will be on massive wages at Newcastle.

Not really the kind of signing I'd like us to make.
    Look at that for a bang on post

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Rumours at the Doncaster end that they want him as John Marquis’ replacement. Decent move for all if it goes through I think.

Spoke to a few people who know this sort of thing. They reckon its a goer, hes up for it, and he'll fit in with how Moore wants Doncaster to play.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Menior Sember

Fair enough. Thanks for everything Murph. Hope you find another club.

Bolton fans really excited about getting Murphy and I think he will do a great job for them. Will be interesting to see how their rapidly assembled team performs.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Brilliant signing as far as I'm concerned. Played an absolutely massive part in the transition from relegation fodder to mid-table team in his first 6 months here.

Yeah he was a touch overpriced in terms of individual, but looking at the bigger picture swapping Britt for Murph & making 13m profit in the process, and going from 21st to mid-table was a great move allround, esp considering few peaking strikers would have come to a side which finished 21st.

Definitely time to move on, but will go down as a good 'un in my book.

No beef with Murphy, we’ve had loads worse

Didn’t steal a living, had the right attitude and scored a few important goals. Guess age and fitness aren’t on his side for the level we want to be. Wish him well.

Daryl Murphy and Chris O'Grady up front for Bolton this season. Smash a decent amount of crosses into the box and those two should eat defenders alive at that level.

Much better than most in the bomb squad. Good luck to him.

oopsy daisy!

Good luck Daryl.

Thanks for your efforts here.

Not the worst we've had, sadly not quite up to Championship level anymore but will do a great job in League One. A good honest pro, unlike Cummings. Good luck to him, hope he gets to finish his career on a high.

A rubbish signing and an ending that was predictable from the moment he got his 3 year contract.