Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Daryl Murphy

Default Re: Daryl Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Let's not forget it was only 2 years ago this guy was championship top scorer with 27 for a pretty average side. I don't think his age is an issue, no one goes off the boil in that time unless their injured. Very good buy at £2m I think.
    He got goals in a Mick McCarthy hood ball side with poor players behind him. That's an achievement in itself. We will create more chances under Warburton than he ever got at Ipswich, even when he scored 27.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wasn't too happy when I heard it, but I'll trust MW on this as he's a pretty good manager and knows far more about him (and football) than me.

On another note: it's really nice that people are assuming that MW will be here for the long-term. No more are we expecting our managers to be out of a job by christmas. Hope we finally get a manager for 2+ seasons

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Murphys Law

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Delighted with this signing.
    We've all been highly delighted numerous times before, only to sink into depression six months later.

Let's hope he's an exception.

I'll not be officially excited util there's a video of him scoring a few goals in some foreign second division to a hip hop soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by George cooney View Post
    To be fair mccormack didnt have the players around him to help his game...
    The fact we only just stayed up backs up that opinion. But I was still disappointed with him on a personal level.
    He was and probably still is the type of player that can make things happen for himself. And we never saw that during his spell here. He certainly wasn't the player we saw that tore us a new one while at Leeds or Fulham.
    I suggest if he wants to play at a decent level he gets he crap together or he will find himself dropping down the leagues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    We've all been highly delighted numerous times before, only to sink into depression six months later.

Let's hope he's an exception.
    He might turn out to be a flop Ray, but I doubt it with this one. And even if he does it is still a very astute signing by MW and McP.

The repair of nffc and return to a respectable, professional outfit seems underway, after the tinpot seedy piece of crap that it had become. I'm actually beginning to like the club again, and it's good to be looking forward to watching games rather than wishing I hadn't wasted my time and money, like I did for most of last season.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

He might turn out to be a flop Ray, but I doubt it with this one. And even if he does it is still a very astute signing by MW and McP.

The repair of nffc and return to a respectable, professional outfit seems underway, after the tinpot seedy piece of crap that it had become. I'm actually beginning to like the club again, and it's good to be looking forward to watching games rather than wishing I hadn't wasted my time and money, like I did for most of last season.
    Just last season Ravi?!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

.k I m
    I m u mm

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Just last season Ravi?!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    I have a short memory when it comes to bad experiences.

Lucky for some.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

I think Fawaz got a lot of stick for stuff which was undeserved, and that - like Davies - folk often just found a reason to hate him for the sake of it, often turning good peices of work (player sales for high fees for example) into supposed "wrong doings".

However, there can be no doubt that Fawaz did do many things wrong and one of those was totally undermining the club heirachy, and destroying and structural authority at the place, thus allowing players to pretty much do as they please. The players culture we had here eroded with each passing year, and it became the core disease eating away at our club.

This signing - and other moves such as the resigning of Cohen & Vaughan - shows a significant drive to re-establish a professional attitude amongst players, and breed an ethos which in 5 years time sees the club have a core of players who are all committed, enjoy playing here, and feel good about giving their all for us.

Warburton said in an interview about getting players enjoying coming to work every day, and that has me very enthused for our future.

I prey that this is given time to flourish. It will hopefully result in younger players wanting to stay here longer, and a more together club all round with players proud to wear th shirt again.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Lucky for some.
    Everything is either BWE or AW - Before the Warburton Era or Anno Warbs.

We have about as good a coaching and recruitment team as we could have hoped to get, and the club is now being run by professionals.

It's full Season One of Anno Warbs.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    allowing players to pretty much do as they please. The players culture we had here eroded with each passing year, and it became the core disease eating away at our club.
    Spot on.

The Playstation crew definitely harmed the club, along with Fawaz being too buddy with the players and fucking up the line that should exist between manager and player.

I think Assombalonga may have been part of that, actually. Lansbury. I can't remember the others.

I regret that they were allowed to act this way under Pearce, a club legend who was trying to put a line in place. He joined us at the wrong time and I knew everything felt wrong about the timing of his appointment and the reasons behind it from Fawaz looking to appease us. A real shame what happened back then and how damaging it was to the club and fans.

Anyway, in Warburton I think we have someone very organised who will be allowed to put his line in place and the players seem to respect him too. From the outside it already feels more professional, where there's a hierarchy in place. Not anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    He got goals in a Mick McCarthy hood ball side with poor players behind him. That's an achievement in itself. We will create more chances under Warburton than he ever got at Ipswich, even when he scored 27.
    There's a compilation of that season on youtube. Most of the goals are Sunday league stuff But it shows he's a bit of a fox in the box and a good finisher in those situations.

Still not comfortable with 2mill 3yr contract for 34yr old, id rather seen use 2m elsewhere
    but I can also see argument that our c.f have little experience in champ.

Senior Mass Debater

I am not worried about his age, he can spend 85minutes standing still providing he pokes a couple away when he gets half a chance.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    The Playstation crew definitely harmed the club....
    Please forgive my ignorance, but could you elaborate for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but could you elaborate for me?
    Fawaz pals among the players who came to his house on play dates and sleepovers.

Impressive member

I think they drank Jesus Juice too and petted his pet chimpanzee (not a euphemism).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Good signing. Just what was needed to give MW options at CF. Gives us good ariel ability in the middle so our pacey wingers now have a target man. 34 is nearing the top of the hill but AFAIK he's a fit 34 with no major injuries. People describe him as slow but for his size he's no slouch and has decent ball control for a big lad. Also a current full international with Ireland.
    He's not in the same mould of the guy he replaces but clearly what MW wants and with those youngsters buzzing around and Velios as the other option we look OK up top for now.

Now, fix that midfield, the Greek lad looks a good option to start and find a hungry replacement for MM and a RB as understudy for EL

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by '77 Red View Post
    Good signing. Just what was needed to give MW options at CF. Gives us good ariel ability in the middle so our pacey wingers now have a target man. 34 is nearing the top of the hill but AFAIK he's a fit 34 with no major injuries. People describe him as slow but for his size he's no slouch and has decent ball control for a big lad. Also a current full international with Ireland.
    He's not in the same mould of the guy he replaces but clearly what MW wants and with those youngsters buzzing around and Velios as the other option we look OK up top for now.

Now, fix that midfield, the Greek lad looks a good option to start and find a hungry replacement for MM and a RB as understudy for EL
    Hector on loan and James Justin? With Irvine slotted in midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Hector on loan and James Justin? With Irvine slotted in midfield?

Yes please

Impressive member

This thread needs moving out of Transfer Banter, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    Fawaz pals among the players who came to his house on play dates and sleepovers.
    Probably just a big gay fuckfest