Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default BUPA - Michael Hector

Supposedly coming on loan from Chelsea according to the Sun https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...ingham-forest/

24 year old, 6'4, Jamaican/English Centre Back.

Remember him being decent at Reading and had a pretty successful loan spell with Frankfurt in the Bundesliga last season by most accounts.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mich...spieler/157490

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Michael Hector

Be very impressed with this! He can play CB and CM. Big presence. Had a real breakthrough season at Reading then strangely went to Chelsea.

....but as for Kevin Hector you can stick him up yer hole. Nanana nana nana na.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Be very impressed with this! He can play CB and CM. Big presence. Had a real breakthrough season at Reading then strangely went to Chelsea.
    Yeah it was a strange one but I do remember him being a good player. Also a loan at CB mates sense, it's an area we've got some decent players in already and hopefully allows the transfer budget to be spent strengthening midfield and fullbacks.

Don't think we need a centre back but can't really turn your nose up at one who is 6'4 when we've a very height-challenged squad.

Worrall, Hector, Mancienne, Iacovitti.

No space for Mills, Perquis or Hobbs.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Don't think we need a centre back but can't really turn your nose up at one who is 6'4 when we've a very height-challenged squad.

I think we'll keep one of Mills or Hobbs if not both with Iacovitti going on loan. Be good to have options there if MW wants to play 3 at the back again at any point.

Perquis and Mills will be off I reckon, and we will be lucky to get 5 games out of Hobbs.

Whilst left back and midfield are the main priority, a big strong centre half to add depth and competition would be a welcome addition. Would be a decent signing if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

My general feeling here is that you all seem somewhat reluctant to let go of players. Last year you had the second worst defence in the Championship. OK, I know that centre backs are not the only ones to blame in a team that concedes so many goals, but still, one would expect that you would be looking for something better there. Perquis has already gone, Hobbs is someone that you say should also be on his way out.

On paper, Hector looks like a very good signing. Bundesliga experience, height, ambition to make it back to Chelsea. Every team needs at least three quality centre backs and Mancienne, Worrall, Hector seem to be it. Plus it is a cheap option allowing more money to be spent in the midfields.

Mills, Mancienne, Hector & Worrall sounds like 4 good defenders to me - with Fox to step in.

If we can't shift Hobbs, loan him out. Just get him some football so at least somebody will want him.

Mills has one year left on his deal, I don't see the point in us getting rid of him. He's a semi-reliable Championship defender.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    If we can't shift Hobbs, loan him out. Just get him some football so at least somebody will want him.
    Boil him down for glue?

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Mills, Mancienne, Hector & Worrall sounds like 4 good defenders to me - with Fox to step in.

Mills has one year left on his deal, I don't see the point in us getting rid of him. He's a semi-reliable Championship defender.
    Forgot all about Fox...

I had heard Sheffield United were interested in Hobbs but that was a month or so ago, can't see them wanting to pick his wages up.

Left Winger

I saw him play in the Copa America for Jamaica in 2015, alongside Westley Morgan.

A decent physical presence.

Last edited by chriscl; 05-07-17 at 17:40.

It would be a miracle if we managed to get rid of Hobbs, even if it's only on loan. No one will touch him with a barge pole given his injury record in recent years. Hope I'm wrong though, getting him off the books would be a great bonus in terms of freeing up wages.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    My general feeling here is that you all seem somewhat reluctant to let go of players.
    It's not reluctance for the most part it's more who wants to pick up the wages of these players we don't want anymore. Hobbs is a prime example of that he's supposedly one of our highest earners but rarely fit, who is gonna take him off our hands? and if someone is willing to what are the chances they match his wage demands?

Would this guy work as a DM? Big, tough but can pass the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCarey View Post
    Would this guy work as a DM? Big, tough but can pass the ball?
    He's played there before apparently.

My general feeling here is that you all seem somewhat reluctant to let go of players. Last year you had the second worst defence in the Championship. OK, I know that centre backs are not the only ones to blame in a team that concedes so many goals, but still, one would expect that you would be looking for something better there. Perquis has already gone, Hobbs is someone that you say should also be on his way out.

On paper, Hector looks like a very good signing. Bundesliga experience, height, ambition to make it back to Chelsea. Every team needs at least three quality centre backs and Mancienne, Worrall, Hector seem to be it. Plus it is a cheap option allowing more money to be spent in the midfields.
    We had a very weird season, the league position was a lot to do with the off the pitch nonsense and environment around the club. Players like Mills, Hobbs and Mancienne are decent players at this level.

This would be the best signing for me centre midfield 6ft 4ft takes no prisoners , wins headers tackles hard mobile something we have been crying out for for years

Would that mean we would need to drop the "when Derby go down again" song?

More chance of Hector Salamanca.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Not that type of player

I agree. The way some people talk on here you'd think we just missed out on the play offs and with a signing or two will be challenging the top two next season. Instead, we scraped home on the final day of the season on goal difference and only Rotherham had a worse away record. We could very easily have been relegated and no one could have complained. The league table doesn't lie.

The defence needs plenty of work, but not as much as the midfield, which was one of the worst in the Championship last season.

Last edited by Ravi; 05-07-17 at 18:10.
    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Great signing if we can pull it off!

Maybe Warburton can also try for Lewis baker while negotiating for Hector.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Maybe Warburton can also try for Lewis baker while negotiating for Hector.

Rate Loftus Cheek more than Lewis Baker.....Marsh

Impressive member

While he was playing in the Bundesliga, his mates popped round after the games for a drink at Hector's haus.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk