Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Michael Hector

A central midfield loan wouldn't be a bad option this year considering we have Cash knocking on the door alongside Vaughan and Cohen, with Anel not far off either.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't agree that loans are a bad thing, if we need a player and can't find a decent permanent one, then loaning is a good option. Look at Abraham last year at Bristol, his goals probably kept them up, Huddersfield as well, relied on quite a few loans and they got promoted. I think our fans aren't fans of loans because generally we've loaned some absolute dross.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    A central midfield loan wouldn't be a bad option this year considering we have Cash knocking on the door alongside Vaughan and Cohen, with Anel not far off either.
    Even if Cash and Anel break through in the next couple of years (which is far from guaranteed, Anel hasn't even played a single game at senior level yet!), we would still need a couple of players as our midfield is lacking in steel, goals and creativity. We have one of (if not, the) poorest midfields in the league, for me it's a priority that we bring in a couple of players in midfield that we can build around for the next few years. It's the one area of the pitch that I feel needs quality permanent additions more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    I don't agree that loans are a bad thing, if we need a player and can't find a decent permanent one, then loaning is a good option. Look at Abraham last year at Bristol, his goals probably kept them up, Huddersfield as well, relied on quite a few loans and they got promoted. I think our fans aren't fans of loans because generally we've loaned some absolute dross.
    It depends on how loans are used really. Packing your squad with loan players, or building your team around loan signings, isn't a particularly wise thing to do. Sometimes it pays off, like Abraham/Bristol City and Huddersfield, but quite often that approach doesn't work very well. It certainly hasn't worked for Forest!

However one or two sensible loan signings that compliment what we have isn't a bad thing. I think Hector would be one such signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Relying heavily on loans is a dangerous game, as is building your team around loan signings. Left back has been a problem position for a long time and requires a permanent solution, and we need to sign a couple of midfielders who can do a good job for a number of years as we build a team for a promotion push in a couple of years time (so permanent signings are needed there too).

Signing Hector on loan,on the other hand, would be a more sensible use of the loan market in my opinion. A solid option to have in defence along with Mancienne and Worrall, but it won't be a disaster if we are unable to sign him permanently at the end of the season either. I'm not a huge fan of the loan system (particularly after our experiences with it), but I hope this one comes off.
    This is my thoughts exactly. Over the past 5 years we've loaned too many players to paper over the cracks. However getting a player in who can do the role whilst we slowly introduce our own home grown youngsters is a great plan (providing the loan deal player has the correct attitude and skill set).

For me a Cb loan and either a Dm or Am is all I'd really be happy with.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    It's a deliberate policy by Chelsea to carry a big squad. The club raises a considerable amount of extra finance by loaning out players on an industrial scale and regularly selling-on at a profit thereafter.
    They're copying the Italian model. Most of the top teams there have even more than Chelsea out on loan. Juve had around sixty out on loan last season iirc.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

I do see the merit of a 'good' loan, but still hope we remain loan free.

Central defence seems a very strange position for us to get a loan in - the central defensive partnership (including goalie) is arguably the most important of the team. Our rotating central defence is one of the reasons we shipped so many in the fawaz era (how fucking marvellous to say that past tense).

In addition to our own youth prospects we've got:
    - Worral
    - Mance
    - Fox
    - Hobbs
    - Mills
    - Perquis

Yes we could have better, but this is not a position we should be recruiting for imo. Six players there, find the best combo and make do until we can ship some off - then bring in better.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Mills - shit
    Fox - shit
    Hobbs - broken
    Perquis - shit

Look, im being half serious there with the ratings but in all honesty, hector is better than all we get got with maybe the exception of Mance. I hate the fact that worral had to learn from a defense that was shit last season, I hope better things for him this season.

Jonny Metgod is my hero

Why are people against getting in loans that are better than what we've got. Or in fact signing players who are better? We nearly got relegated for crying out loud!

I'm not against getting better players in, I'm against bulking out the squad with more than 6 central defenders.

Much like we shouldn't be selling in areas we're short, we shouldn't be stocking up on areas we're full. Buy quality where we are light i.e. centre mid and left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Mills - shit
    Fox - shit
    Hobbs - broken
    Perquis - shit

Look, im being half serious there with the ratings but in all honesty, hector is better than all we get got with maybe the exception of Mance. I hate the fact that worral had to learn from a defense that was shit last season, I hope better things for him this season.
    I agree all of those players have their flaws, but they are still on the payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    I agree all of those players have their flaws, but they are still on the payroll.
    And that's the problem. If we want to go anywhere as a club, these players need to be replaced with really good potential players. Even if on loan.

I'm not against getting better players in, I'm against bulking out the squad with more than 6 central defenders.

Much like we shouldn't be selling in areas we're short, we shouldn't be stocking up on areas we're full. Buy quality where we are light i.e. centre mid and left back.
    One of those things. We're getting players in, often where we're heavy in the expectation that we'll sell off some central defenders soon. Deals may already be agreed for outgoings, just awaiting us strengthening.

Problems with buying for our weak areas come when the receiving club know we're weak for that area, see we might be desperate and they ask for more money.

The jigsaw will start to take shape, it just has to happen in an unconventional way.

Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post
    Why are people against getting in loans that are better than what we've got. Or in fact signing players who are better? We nearly got relegated for crying out loud!
    I understand why people are anti-loan, but I don't agree with it myself. Loans can be hugely beneficial to the club.

I do see the merit of a 'good' loan, but still hope we remain loan free.

Central defence seems a very strange position for us to get a loan in - the central defensive partnership (including goalie) is arguably the most important of the team. Our rotating central defence is one of the reasons we shipped so many in the fawaz era (how fucking marvellous to say that past tense).

In addition to our own youth prospects we've got:
    - Worral
    - Mance
    - Fox
    - Hobbs
    - Mills
    - Perquis

Yes we could have better, but this is not a position we should be recruiting for imo. Six players there, find the best combo and make do until we can ship some off - then bring in better.
    because they were so outstanding lsst season ?
    other than manc & worrall , i would get rid of the rest. Just because we haven't rid of them yet doesn't mean that we shouldn't be recruiting. Quality over quatity everytime. Warburton will alowly trim the squad bit by bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    To be honest, we do absolutely not need him. We have dozens of good attacking midfielders, it's everything behind that that should be the priority from here.
    would consider only zach clough as the only one to play behind the main strikers/striker. Think he has yet to show us his best. Osborn is not creative enough and doesn't score enough. Where's this dozens of good attacking midfielders that we have ? Grant is not established by far , just because he did well at notts is no indication that he will do likewise at forest.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    because they were so outstanding lsst season ?
    other than manc & worrall , i would get rid of the rest. Just because we haven't rid of them yet doesn't mean that we shouldn't be recruiting. Quality over quatity everytime. Warburton will alowly trim the squad bit by bit.
    How do you propose we get rid of them? I imagine if approached we would be willing to let a fair few go, but their wages rule that out. So we are stuck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    How do you propose we get rid of them? I imagine if approached we would be willing to let a fair few go, but their wages rule that out. So we are stuck with them.
    no idea what fox and perquis are earning but mills was signed during ffp ban so only 10k and they have enough credentibilites (fox always had a good rep and perquis is a former polish international) to be able to get themselves new clubs if they are transfer listed. Hobbs have the experience but his injury record is not the best to attract buyers.

It's not as simple as us deciding to let them go. Contracts etc... need someone interested in them and the player willing to go

no idea what fox and perquis are earning but mills was signed during ffp ban so only 10k and they have enough credentibilites (fox always had a good rep and perquis is a former polish international) to be able to get themselves new clubs if they are transfer listed. Hobbs have the experience but his injury record is not the best to attract buyers.

I take it you didn't see Fox play CB at the end of last season Marsh.
    I am not saying he is the best but possibly he was the best of a 'suspect group'

Last edited by Hawkeye1947; 07-07-17 at 06:38.

They have all had their moments. Having Worral as first choice isn't a bad thing either imo

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Osborn is not creative enough.
    That's an opinion. The stats say differently.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 07-07-17 at 09:04.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    That's an opinion. The stats say differently.
    The league table agrees with him.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The league table doesn't list the number of missed chances created.

Opta evidently does.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 07-07-17 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thats a ludicrous argument. The league table is a stat based on the whole league. How is that specificly relevant to one aspect of one players game?

The far more relevent stat to the opinion of one player being creative enough is the amount of chances that player created.

Osborn was 2nd in the entier league. I cant understand why certain fans are going out of their way to be negative, even about our good points.

We are going into a new era, lighten the fuck up.