Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 133
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    He's known to hector the opposition



    get my coat

    Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Thrilled with this signing, and shows again that we're going about things the right way and identifying quality players to fill those gaps.


  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Trojii View Post
    Thrilled with this signing, and shows again that we're going about things the right way and identifying quality players to fill those gaps.
    If it happens?

    Not quite a done deal yet, fingers and toes crossed on this one.


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    If it happens?

    Not quite a done deal yet, fingers and toes crossed on this one.
    No certainly, if it happens.


  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    17,474

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    It would be a miracle if we managed to get rid of Hobbs, even if it's only on loan. No one will touch him with a barge pole given his injury record in recent years. Hope I'm wrong though, getting him off the books would be a great bonus in terms of freeing up wages.
    I would have suggested similar but, Matty Fryatt...

    Proud father of the :whoosh:

  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,063

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye1947 View Post
    Rate Loftus Cheek more than Lewis Baker.....Marsh
    Don't see us getting Loftus Cheek any time soon. If he goes out on loan it's probably to a Prem side.

    And he's pretty much the only Chelsea youngster that has broken through - so he must be very good.


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,313

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    If we get hector and he did well , wouldn't be surprised to see him being bought next season. At his age , if he is not making the chelski first team by now, chelski will be looking to sell him as their squad is just too big.


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    3,285

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    When I saw the rumour I'd assume we were buying him outright. This will be his FOURTEENTH loan.

    FOURTEEN.

    1.4.

    Chelski's academy is mental.


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    When I saw the rumour I'd assume we were buying him outright. This will be his FOURTEENTH loan.

    FOURTEEN.

    1.4.

    Chelski's academy is mental.
    To be fair 11 of them loans were when he was still a Reading player. He's only gone back to Reading on loan and to Frankfurt last season from Chelsea. Still crazy.


  11. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,436

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    ......chelski will be looking to sell him as their squad is just too big.
    It's a deliberate policy by Chelsea to carry a big squad. The club raises a considerable amount of extra finance by loaning out players on an industrial scale and regularly selling-on at a profit thereafter.


  12. #36
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,397

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    This should be stopped. It's detrimental to our national side.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  13. #37
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,058

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    It's a deliberate policy by Chelsea to carry a big squad. The club raises a considerable amount of extra finance by loaning out players on an industrial scale and regularly selling-on at a profit thereafter.
    It's the way they work.

    I read somewhere I think wasn't it something like over 30 players that they had out on loan last season?

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  14. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,436

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    This should be stopped. It's detrimental to our national side.
    It is, but football in this country is run entirely for the benefit of the Premier League and, in particular, its so-called "elite" clubs.

    In Germany, football is run primarily for the benefit of the national side. The theory being that a successful national side ultimately benefits the domestic game. Ridiculously simple.


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    17,474

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    It's the way they work.

    I read somewhere I think wasn't it something like over 30 players that they had out on loan last season?
    38.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    3,899

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    I'd rather we loaned no one.

    If they fail you've wasted money and deprived your own assets of experience.

    If they succeed, then odds are you pay full whack OR they move on leaving the team deflated.



    Funny how you get player like Bamford who are worth a punt, but don't get game time due to short term signings/loans, then the likes of Chelsea snap em up and all of a sudden they are good enough to be a championship starter.


    Take the punt on our own, fuck the loans - poor strategy in 90% of cases.


  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,436

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    It's the way they work.

    I read somewhere I think wasn't it something like over 30 players that they had out on loan last season?
    There is an entire department at Stamford Bridge dedicated solely to operating that policy Chris. Unless an academy/development player who has been particularly identified as having definite first-team-squad potential is involved, the head-coach will have very little, if any, say at all in which, or where, players are sent on loan.

    To bolster the number of graduates from the club's academy, Chelsea employ a network of regional scouts (David Johnson formerly held such a role for the midlands area) to identify potential signings in order to operate the policy - of which, Patrick Bamford and Michael Hector are just two examples.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 06-07-17 at 11:19.

  18. #42
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,058

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    It is, but football in this country is run entirely for the benefit of the Premier League and, in particular, its so-called "elite" clubs.

    In Germany, football is run primarily for the benefit of the national side. The theory being that a successful national side ultimately benefits the domestic game. Ridiculously simple.
    The German example is spot on.

    Also what helps promote interest here in the Nationalmannschäft is that they play at most of the top grounds in Germany, rather than only ever playing in the country's capital (unlike some sides I could mention) so their profile is much higher.

    Germany also throw ridiculous resources at the lower age sides. It's no coincidence they won the U-21 tournament and a largely second-string team won the Confederations Cup.

    And you're spot on there with your observations that the success of the national side promotes the Bundesliga. And not just the top level, the 2. Bundesliga is doing well too.


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,326

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    The German example is spot on.

    Also what helps promote interest here in the Nationalmannschäft is that they play at most of the top grounds in Germany, rather than only ever playing in the country's capital (unlike some sides I could mention) so their profile is much higher.

    Germany also throw ridiculous resources at the lower age sides. It's no coincidence they won the U-21 tournament and a largely second-string team won the Confederations Cup.

    And you're spot on there with your observations that the success of the national side promotes the Bundesliga. And not just the top level, the 2. Bundesliga is doing well too.
    They promote man shafts? Not for me thanks.


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,313

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    I'd rather we loaned no one.

    If they fail you've wasted money and deprived your own assets of experience.

    If they succeed, then odds are you pay full whack OR they move on leaving the team deflated.



    Funny how you get player like Bamford who are worth a punt, but don't get game time due to short term signings/loans, then the likes of Chelsea snap em up and all of a sudden they are good enough to be a championship starter.


    Take the punt on our own, fuck the loans - poor strategy in 90% of cases.
    warburton has always operated that way at brentford because some players in the higher leagues are still better than what we have. alex pritchard , jon toral ,etc were loaned.


  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,326

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    jon toral



  22. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,436

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    warburton has always operated that way at brentford because some players in the higher leagues are still better than what we have. alex pritchard , jon toral ,etc were loaned.
    Speaking of Toral, given that MW and Frank McParland signed him on loan for both Brentford and Rangers, is he on their Forest radar? Good player.


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Speaking of Toral, given that MW and Frank McParland signed him on loan for both Brentford and Rangers, is he on their Forest radar? Good player.
    I'd wondered that, he's out of contract at Arsenal as well I believe, although I think we're well stocked in his position as it is.


  24. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,063

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Speaking of Toral, given that MW and Frank McParland signed him on loan for both Brentford and Rangers, is he on their Forest radar? Good player.
    To be honest, we do absolutely not need him. We have dozens of good attacking midfielders, it's everything behind that that should be the priority from here.


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    I'd rather we loaned no one.

    If they fail you've wasted money and deprived your own assets of experience.

    If they succeed, then odds are you pay full whack OR they move on leaving the team deflated.



    Funny how you get player like Bamford who are worth a punt, but don't get game time due to short term signings/loans, then the likes of Chelsea snap em up and all of a sudden they are good enough to be a championship starter.


    Take the punt on our own, fuck the loans - poor strategy in 90% of cases.
    Loans without a bying option are, indeed, a somewhat desperate measure, due to financial constraints or to pressing needs or to a combination of both (I need a quality player in that position yesterday and I don't have the money to buy one).

    But loans with a bying option are probably the best policy for a club that has to mind every penny.


  26. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Re: Michael Hector

    Relying heavily on loans is a dangerous game, as is building your team around loan signings. Left back has been a problem position for a long time and requires a permanent solution, and we need to sign a couple of midfielders who can do a good job for a number of years as we build a team for a promotion push in a couple of years time (so permanent signings are needed there too).

    Signing Hector on loan,on the other hand, would be a more sensible use of the loan market in my opinion. A solid option to have in defence along with Mancienne and Worrall, but it won't be a disaster if we are unable to sign him permanently at the end of the season either. I'm not a huge fan of the loan system (particularly after our experiences with it), but I hope this one comes off.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •