Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest Ladies sack the reserve team.

Default Forest Ladies sack the reserve team.

So just had it confirmed that Forest Ladies have sacked the reserve team!

Apparently the U18 manager has taken the reigns of the Reserve squad and feels he owes his players their place in the squad at the detriment to the current squad.

To say the least, theres a few tweets showing some players being unhappy at the decision. I feel for the players as a majority of them were quadruple U18 winners from 2 seasons ago along with a a few players that bobble between the 1st team and reserves, i guess thats how the players develop.

Got to say im shocked at the decision and feel it very disrespectful to the players that earnt their right to play in the squad through merit.

This seasons top scorer and players manager of the year has too also received the 'thanks but no thanks' email.

And seems the emails sent to the squad was a generic email as a whole. No personal 1 to 1 email explaining the circumstances.

I think the U18's will suffer as reserves next season as they little to no experience of reserve league.

So for a club that requires loyalty from players, maybe they should learn some of that themselves.

As for my earlier post in the year, saying i hope forest have more professional approach for the 17/18 season due to numerous managerial changes over last 2 seasons i guess is too much for such a small club.

Quite embarrassed for them at the moment and seemingly the laughing stock of the league (unless you want to read all the positive stuff the NEP print about another NEW manager and another NEW sponsor)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Forest Ladies sack the reserve team.

I've heard (ooh err) negative things from people no longer involved in Forest Ladies.

If they are to be believed then the whole thing needs to be taken over by NFFC and reset.

I appreciate that's a load of hot air, buts it's what I erd.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Are the ladies anything to do with forest anymore

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsabser View Post
    Are the ladies anything to do with forest anymore
    No, and without wishing to disparage the OP's point, I'm not sure how relevant it is given there is no connection.

Whether the women should come under the wing of Nottingham Forest Football Club PLC is an entirely different matter.

The Ladies are affiliated with NFFC, what that means legally i do not know.

I was under the impression that maybe Marinakis would adopt them somehow (But past tells me the people running the Ladies set will not hand the reigns over to them) as he into progressing with Ladies football from what i hear.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    The Ladies are affiliated with NFFC, what that means legally i do not know.
    Affiliated only so far as sharing a name, crest and colours. There is no legal recognition between the two clubs.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Until it's attached to my football club I'm not really bothered, as shit as it sounds unless they can be relatively self sustaining they're just going to be a drain on finances.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

So just had it confirmed that Forest Ladies have sacked the reserve team!

Apparently the U18 manager has taken the reigns of the Reserve squad and feels he owes his players their place in the squad at the detriment to the current squad.
    Do you mean that there will be no reserves team or simply that it will be composed of the alumni of the U18 exclusively?

Where's me hammer?

This thread might as well be about Meadows ladies reserves, thats about the level of connection it has with the club.

Those that have played kids football all the way through to mens knows this kind of shit happens all the time, at all ages, and all levels.

What usual happens is the disgruntled players go to another pub, form a team and on they go.

Good luck with your plight.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Do you mean that there will be no reserves team or simply that it will be composed of the alumni of the U18 exclusively?
    There will be a reserve team but consisting of last seasons u18 with at best, a couple of current reserves who been asked to stay on but doesnt look like they overly interested in playing for the new manager so season could start with a complete new squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    This thread might as well be about Meadows ladies reserves, thats about the level of connection it has with the club.

Those that have played kids football all the way through to mens knows this kind of shit happens all the time, at all ages, and all levels.

What usual happens is the disgruntled players go to another pub, form a team and on they go.

Good luck with your plight.
    My apologies. From previous posts ive read on here i thought i was OK to talk about the ladies teams.

As for my plight, i dont have one. Im just a supporter of FOREST as a whole, whether it be the mens team or the ladies team or the juniors.
    Some great grass roots football to be soaked up and is great to see players of any sex progress and develop through the ranks.

Maybe im alone in that thought here though.

Weltmeister

My apologies. From previous posts ive read on here i thought i was OK to talk about the ladies teams.

As for my plight, i dont have one. Im just a supporter of FOREST as a whole, whether it be the mens team or the ladies team or the juniors.
    Some great grass roots football to be soaked up and is great to see players of any sex progress and develop through the ranks.

Maybe im alone in that thought here though.
    Don't think you are. Many us of would like to see a thriving setup for female players, properly affiliated to Nottingham Forest.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Don't think you are. Many us of would like to see a thriving setup for female players, properly affiliated to Nottingham Forest.
    Exactly which is the point i made that was missed.

Till it fully falls under the Forest umbrella its make your own way like all other clubs have to do.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Some people are not bothered either way, but if the Ladies team, any of them were paraded round TWFCG having beaten the Ladie Sheep they would be warmly cheered and applauded

Quote Originally Posted by george lyall View Post
    Some people are not bothered either way, but if the Ladies team, any of them were paraded round TWFCG having beaten the Ladie Sheep they would be warmly cheered and applauded

And a rousing rendition of "get your tits out for the lads"

Weltmeister

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    And a rousing rendition of "get your tits out for the lads"
    It's the Forest way. Sadly.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Surely we've seen enough tits at Forest the last few years?

Where's me hammer?

You can never see enough tits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Surely we've seen enough tits at Forest the last few years?
    Unfortunately never the sexy variety!

If the club wants to start a ladies team fair do's and would hope it was done professionally.

It's a shame Forest ladies aren't part of the club but as it stands if it's being run so badly as it sounds I'd rather remove the Forest brand and any affiliation from it.

Unless it is done properly it may as well not be done at all in my book as currently the ladies side may as well be Basford United Ladies as that is what it is essentially anyway, just in a more flash strip using the Forest name and logo instead.

I mean, there's a cricket final thread in the Forest Banter forum. Forest fans talking about singing Forest songs and waving Forest flags at a Notts CCC game. And we're focusing on the legal connection here to determined where the topic of discussion is valid.

I'm more than happy for discussing a women's side.

My point is if the ladies side is so badly run as it sounds I'd rather the club distances itself from it.

If we're to have a proper Forest Ladies side it ought to be run in conjunction with the other sides we have and be ran in a professional manner.

Why have a link for the sake of it in name only?

Would be the perfect time to start from scratch using the empty sadpies slot and do it properly in the WSL.

It would have to be in the interest of the city to have a well run women's club competing nationally. It is better that all of Nottingham's population, not just half, have clubs to join and something to aspire to.

The 'City of Football' was just awarded 1.6 million in lottery funding thanks to a winning bid based on encouraging greater participation. Since, Notts County Ladies folded on the eve of the season. It is already not going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Until it's attached to my football club I'm not really bothered, as shit as it sounds unless they can be relatively self sustaining they're just going to be a drain on finances.
    How much would it cost to run the women's team per year? A week of Fryatt's wages? Any losses sustained because of the women's team would be a comparative drop in the ocean next to what's wasted by those in charge of the men's teams finances. Any team that represents Forest, especially one in a rapidly improving sport like female football, deserves a little more than the complete disregard Forest have shown for them in recent years. If we're really a community club and the recent recruits to the Forest board are more than simple figureheads, in the apparent English city of football, shouldn't there be more of a focus on grassroots and women's football in the city? Where is the fair representation? Even if the women's team didn't run at a profit, wouldn't any losses caused avoid FFP penalties like those of the youth teams?

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How much would it cost to run the women's team per year? A week of Fryatt's wages? Any losses sustained because of the women's team would be a comparative drop in the ocean next to what's wasted by those in charge of the men's teams finances. Any team that represents Forest, especially one in a rapidly improving sport like female football, deserves a little more than the complete disregard Forest have shown for them in recent years. If we're really a community club and the recent recruits to the Forest board are more than simple figureheads, in the apparent English city of football, shouldn't there be more of a focus on grassroots and women's football in the city? Where is the fair representation? Even if the women's team didn't run at a profit, wouldn't any losses caused avoid FFP penalties like those of the youth teams?
    Its not attached to the club, its not run by anyone connected to the club. We could chuck fryatts wage at it and wed have no control over where it goes.

We d be better off starting our own womens team and going from there. We could then have trials and anybody good enough would be welcome.

Anybody going to watch them purely off being a forest fan and hoping to add money to the club wouldnt be.

Might as well be the dog and duck

I have a certain amount of sympathy with Barry's view of the women's team. There is no point in just giving money to an entity controlled by someone else. If there is to be an NFFC Ladies Team then it must be run by the club itself so that it's done properly and the good name of the club (such as it is after Fawaz) is protected.

Personally I would love to see a ladies team at the CG; it's a fast growing part of the sport and after all we are supposed to be a community club.