Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adam Bogdan

No wonder my post count..

Default Re: Adam Bogdan

Bogdan is a cracking keeper and despite what some Bolton fans say, he really came into his stride in the championship.

While he has all the attributes of a good shot stopper, he lacks a bit of confidence and communication skills.

Still though, he'd be a great signing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Bogdan is a cracking keeper and despite what some Bolton fans say, he really came into his stride in the championship.

While he has all the attributes of a good shot stopper, he lacks a bit of confidence and communication skills.

Still though, he'd be a great signing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I don't doubt he's a good keeper but i really don't understand signing someone who will want to be no 1 when JS has done nothing to suggest he can't be no1 whilst TE should be ready to step up when the opportunity arises..

Get him in..good keeper, seen him make some cracking saves for bolton..

There's again talk of a Forest interest in Liverpool's Adam Bogdan. I don't think a loan would be a clever choice, a loanee and his club will want him to be a starter rain or shine, and you want someone to compete with Smith. But if he comes for free, on a long-term contract, then he seems like a good choice.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Don't rate Bogdan

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

No, the guy is shit and no better than Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    But if he comes for free, on a long-term contract, then he seems like a good choice.
    Prone to mistakes. Id steer clear personally.

Too School for Cool

Let's not get Bogdan in semantics

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, the guy is shit and no better than Smith.
    Well Barry......I rate Smith so if Bogdan does come to Forest he will be number two.
    At the start of the season I wouldn't be saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye1947 View Post
    Well Barry......I rate Smith so if Bogdan does come to Forest he will be number two.
    At the start of the season I wouldn't be saying this.
    If Smith gets injured Bogdans your number one till Smiths back....unfortunately he is no better than hendo and if we are in the realms of saving cash, bringing a goalie on par with the cover you already have makes no sense.

Now if the new bloke is coming in to be number one...and is this danish chap... thats different.

But even then i dont see what Smith has done wrong for that instance to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    If Smith gets injured Bogdans your number one till Smiths back....unfortunately he is no better than hendo and if we are in the realms of saving cash, bringing a goalie on par with the cover you already have makes no sense.

Now if the new bloke is coming in to be number one...and is this danish chap... thats different.

But even then i dont see what Smith has done wrong for that instance to occur.
    Itís not what heís done wrong - itís about what we can do better. Always look to improve; if we sign a keeper that is better in all areas than Smudge then Iíll welcome him with open arms and Smudge can fight it out for his place.

Hendo can then be shipped off to Barnsley/Burton or similar, somewhere heíll be #1 and get the game time he deserves at this stage of his career

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Itís not what heís done wrong - itís about what we can do better. Always look to improve; if we sign a keeper that is better in all areas than Smudge then Iíll welcome him with open arms and Smudge can fight it out for his place.

Hendo can then be shipped off to Barnsley/Burton or similar, somewhere heíll be #1 and get the game time he deserves at this stage of his career
    Smith needs pushing and whether it's a #1 or #2, a goalkeeper will be brought in.

Henderson is dreadful. You just need to watch him warmup, he is not Championship standard and I would bet he would struggle to hold down any goalkeepers spot. He's just not very good.

If the memo to Bogdan is to push Smith during a 6-month loan it's a good move, if it's to be #1 straight away then I am not sure about it.

The bottom line is MW is going to bring in a goalkeeper, it may be down to the quality you can attract in January as to whether it's #1 or #2. The majority of clubs are not going to sell there goalkeepers in January.

My instinct is they are going to try for a quality signing, if they can't get it they will get somebody like Bodgan in on loan - just like we did Federici, but hopefully this one won't get injured...

Would rather have Bogdan from Compare the Meerkat

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Smith needs pushing and whether it's a #1 or #2, a goalkeeper will be brought in.

Henderson is dreadful. You just need to watch him warmup, he is not Championship standard and I would bet he would struggle to hold down any goalkeepers spot. He's just not very good.

If the memo to Bogdan is to push Smith during a 6-month loan it's a good move, if it's to be #1 straight away then I am not sure about it.

The bottom line is MW is going to bring in a goalkeeper, it may be down to the quality you can attract in January as to whether it's #1 or #2. The majority of clubs are not going to sell there goalkeepers in January.

My instinct is they are going to try for a quality signing, if they can't get it they will get somebody like Bodgan in on loan - just like we did Federici, but hopefully this one won't get injured...
    We've got big Tim back from one of the Nordic country's, he must be better than Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    We've got big Tim back from one of the Nordic country's, he must be better than Henderson.
    I think so too. Smith needs better to work with also.

Liam Bossin was getting more and more involved with the first team before his injury and now we have Tim Erlandsson back. Especially Tim has the chance to work his way into #2 position otherwise they may look to add somebody to compete with Smith but that is not very easy for 2 reasons. 1) Finding quality that is definitely better than Smith who has done unbelievably well & 2) a keeper willing to join as 2nd choice who is decent and willing to challenge Smith

Still wouldn't bring in a keeper. Let Smith see out the season when there's no pressure to finish top six. We're not going down, we're not going up - blood as much youth as much as possible.

Next year, if we want to push on, then we can look at replacing Smith if the right quality is available. By that point Jordan has had a few more months playing in our side and may have convinced Warburton that he's good enough not to be replaced.

Karanka Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Still wouldn't bring in a keeper. Let Smith see out the season when there's no pressure to finish top six. We're not going down, we're not going up - blood as much youth as much as possible.

Next year, if we want to push on, then we can look at replacing Smith if the right quality is available. By that point Jordan has had a few more months playing in our side and may have convinced Warburton that he's good enough not to be replaced.
    What happens if Smith gets injured? Has a crisis of confidence?

Don't underestimate how much good goalkeeping competition can improve players.

What happens if Smith gets injured? Has a crisis of confidence?
    With the amount of folk calling out his distribution, if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

The lads clearly got a rock solid temperament.

I'm not famous anymore!!
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Smith will be a good keeper on day but right now he is part of the problem, something that needs fixing. At the moment Bogdan is not going to be any worse than what we have but its only part of the issue, improving the defence is also a must.