Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 754
  1. #51
    Jonny Metgod is my hero
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Exiled in the sarf
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    It's a bit early to start drilling the guy isn't it?? It's not even confirmed yet!

    On a positive note, just that one shot shows that he's better than anything we've got. And why is not being good enough for Olympiacos a problem? Do people think that we're as good as them? We're not even as good as Reading!!!


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,153

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Ok. You be happy with this signing. The signs are already here that it could be another summer like last. You be happy with this quality signing.
    You can judge by a non costly loaned player your full squad after transfer period?
    You should make a living out of this I think

    A team needs options and starters and backup players. You could end up right but it's really early to be so certain.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,536

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Hopefully this is just cheap cover in addition to two quality midfielders coming in, rather than being brought in instead of a quality midfielder. With his injury record, I doubt we'll be seeing much of this chap anyway.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,965

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    The funny thing about Bouchalakis is that successive managers and the board like him although the fans do not. We bought him (next to nothing) from a Cretan club in 2013; left him there on loan for a year and he joined us in 2014. The manager then was Michel; everyone was certain that Bouchalakis would leave on loan, but Michel wanted him to stay. In the summer of 2015, under the new manager Marco Silva, everyone was again certain that Bouchalakis would be loaned out. And yet Silva not only wanted him to stay but had him as a starter in pre-season friendlies (until he was injured...) and did not want him to leave in January either. Last year we started with Víctor Sánchez, who also wanted Bouchalakis to stay, and then with Paulo Bento, who did the same. Despite his incessant injuries, in January he had his contract renewed until 2020, to everyone's surprise.

    So some people must see things in him that I (and the majority of our fans) don't.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The funny thing about Bouchalakis is that successive managers and the board like him although the fans do not. We bought him (next to nothing) from a Cretan club in 2013; left him there on loan for a year and he joined us in 2014. The manager then was Michel; everyone was certain that Bouchalakis would leave on loan, but Michel wanted him to stay. In the summer of 2015, under the new manager Marco Silva, everyone was again certain that Bouchalakis would be loaned out. And yet Silva not only wanted him to stay but had him as a starter in pre-season friendlies (until he was injured...) and did not want him to leave in January either. Last year we started with Víctor Sánchez, who also wanted Bouchalakis to stay, and then with Paulo Bento, who did the same. Despite his incessant injuries, in January he had his contract renewed until 2020, to everyone's surprise.

    So some people must see things in him that I (and the majority of our fans) don't.
    Reminds me of a few of our players that.

    If Warburton and McParland have picked him then I'm happy with it. From the noises they're making about the right assurances being made and their previous with fucking Brentford off because they didn't want the owner having the final say on transfers, its unlikely there is any influence on these decisions.


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    So he's coming here expecting to walk into this team and then hope to be back at olympiacos next season playing for them is that what you're saying?


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    And I knew he was injured last season but it's looks as though it's a regular thing!


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,170

    Default Re: Andreas Buchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Last summer our first signing we signed a forward in Vellios. Waited ages for a signing and then it was some crap like Thomas Lam.

    Sames happened this season we signed a forward in Cummings and then had to wait ages for a crock who not even good enough for olympiacos.

    It's all just to much like last summer. Who's with me?
    Not your medication by the sound of it.


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,170

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Ok. You be happy with this signing. The signs are already here that it could be another summer like last. You be happy with this quality signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    You can judge by a non costly loaned player your full squad after transfer period?
    You should make a living out of this I think

    A team needs options and starters and backup players. You could end up right but it's really early to be so certain.
    He could be right, but it's unlikely.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Also have we made this signing because we're struggling to get other targets? Is this what we can come to expect?


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    He could be right, but it's unlikely.
    I'm pretty sure I will be right in this case. Remember Kasami? Lam? Stojkovic? Perquis? Lica? Dumitru?


  13. #62
    Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan ad infinitum
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chester
    Posts
    8,158

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    well have to wait and see about this one but smells like something fawaz would do... I could be wrong and I hope Warbuton picked him.


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Can you please put your comments on one post, it's like texting a 14 year old. Which you probably are.


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,170

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Can you please put your comments on one post, it's like texting a 14 year old. Which you probably are.
    Sorry, I'll do better next time.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Can you please put your comments on one post, it's like texting a 14 year old. Which you probably are.
    I can't help if people reply to me.


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    I can't help if people reply to me.
    The forum has a function called multiquote where you can reply to several posts all in one go. Could you please use it?


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,965

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    He could be right, but it's unlikely.
    The second best thing after being right, is being vindicated. Suppose you buy an excellent and experienced box-to-box midfield, who proves to be instrumental in this season's success. The vindication comment practically writes itself:

    If it hadn't been for the reactions (mine, among others) after the awful signing of Bouchalakis, the stingy Greek would never have bought X, and we would now be in relegation battle once again.



  19. #68
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47,805

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    I can't help if people reply to me.
    You ever seen a grown man naked?


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    The forum has a function called multiquote where you can reply to several posts all in one go. Could you please use it?
    Pain though when you have big man fingers like me Using a iPhone 6.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Pain though when you have big man fingers like me Using a iPhone 6.
    It's actually loads easier to do on a iPhone. But c'est la vie


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,170

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Pain though when you have big man fingers like me Using a iPhone 6.
    Could you ask your teacher?


  23. #72
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,929

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    I can't help if people reply to me.
    I can certainly help you there, if you would prefer?




    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    10,599

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    I can't help if people reply to me.
    Your trolling has actually reached the point where a part of me would welcome Britt being transferred in order for you to fulfill your promise to fuck off from this forum.


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,357

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    As a certain Mr Clough used to say "let the ball do the work".

    So this guy is a bit ponderous compared to all the whippets we see these days, so what?

    Not that many years ago we had two England midfielders playing for us who were always a yard or two behind their teammates, Nigel Clough and Neil Webb.

    Physical speed is nothing without end product. If the lad reads the game well and takes up good positions he could fit right in.

    TrentendScott, stop trying to shout over everyone, it's becoming tedious. There's no bigger bore than someone who constantly thinks they are right and continues with the same argument every time they post.

    Learn when to keep your mouth shut and you might actually end up being accepted. Right now you're heading for the chop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,335

    Default Re: Andreas Bouchalakis

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    As a certain Mr Clough used to say "let the ball do the work".

    So this guy is a bit ponderous compared to all the whippets we see these days, so what?

    Not that many years ago we had two England midfielders playing for us who were always a yard or two behind their teammates, Nigel Clough and Neil Webb.

    Physical speed is nothing without end product. If the lad reads the game well and takes up good positions he could fit right in.

    TrentendScott, stop trying to shout over everyone, it's becoming tedious. There's no bigger bore than someone who constantly thinks they are right and continues with the same argument every time they post.

    Learn when to keep your mouth shut and you might actually end up being accepted. Right now you're heading for the chop.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    By C.H.O.P. do you mean

    (Andy's) Crimson House Of Pain

    ?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •