Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Massimo Luongo

Default Re: Massimo Luongo

More chance of you drinking Um Bongo in the Congo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Some comparisons from last season:

He looks good!

Imo it seems the only time we are succesful with a player is when nobody wants him or they are trying to get rid...

Id sign Luongo in a heart beat even over Colback, always rated him, he's the Kante of the championship.

Been left out of QPR's squad for their trip abroad.

So looks like he is on the move. Would still like him here, especially if Yacob did move to Oly.

Leeds reportedly cooled on him so if we're still interested sounds like a straight race but as SSM said you'd have to expect at least a couple of CMs outgoing before we signed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Leeds reportedly cooled on him so if we're still interested sounds like a straight race but as SSM said you'd have to expect at least a couple of CMs outgoing before we signed anymore.
    I think we'll see Watson and Bridcutt moved on and if it means we can bring Luongo in then probably Yates going out on loan.

That would be of the most benefit all around. Some of the bomb squad gets moved out, the squad size is cut a little more, we get a midfielder ready to hit the ground running and we get to see what Yates can do with another 6-12 months of games under his belt.

Sent from my sweaty palms using Tapatalk

It's all about mid-table...

I like Bridcutt in the middle, I'm not sure why? He does lose his way now and again and as a few on here have pointed out he's a bit rash occasionally, he just seems silky and I love to see that.

London Red

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    I like Bridcutt in the middle, I'm not sure why? He does lose his way now and again and as a few on here have pointed out he's a bit rash occasionally, he just seems silky and I love to see that.
    I agree with that - I think he is a good player and adds something to our team. Occasionally his positioning is off but based on his performances alone, he did not deserve to be frozen out. Given that a few managers have all left him out however, it may be that his attitude/training is not great?

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    He played really well either just before Karanka took over, or not long after and then I think he got a ban and was rarely seen again.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Impressive member

Perhaps he missed a coach.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Red til I'm dead

I doubt we’ll pay money for any British-based players.

Any more midfielders will either be foreign or free/loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would rather have that brandon o'neill guy.

Cato Road SW4

More chance of Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    i would rather have that brandon o'neill guy.
    You've seen O'Neill play then?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    You've seen O'Neill play then?
    nope , arguably cheaper and younger and has a great backstory. might turn out to be garbage but could be good. qpr wants to recoup as much as they can get for luongo. he cost 3.5m when they bought him.

nope , arguably cheaper and younger and has a great backstory. might turn out to be garbage but could be good. qpr wants to recoup as much as they can get for luongo. he cost 3.5m when they bought him.
    That would be good use of the £3Mish fee for Osborn then.

Forum Tactician

Cant see anything inspirational in ONeills history to be fair, Luongos done 3 straight championship seasons to a pretty high standard. He's mid 20's.

We've got a few punts in there already, this lad will be safe as houses.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Cant see anything inspirational in ONeills history to be fair, Luongos done 3 straight championship seasons to a pretty high standard. He's mid 20's.

We've got a few punts in there already, this lad will be safe as houses.
    Agreed. There really doesn't seem to be any risk with this lad. Good age, done well in this division for a few seasons in a below average team and the fee is reasonable. I'd be very happy with this signing and it would pretty much complete the central midfield area.

QPR are desperate to get rid due to financial issues and Luongo is out of contract next year. I'd wager we can get him for less than £3.5m.

I wouldn't be against us signing O'Neill as a squad player and seeing how he develops, but I wouldn't want to sign him with the starting XI in mind. The Championship is an absolutely massive step up from the A-League.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    QPR are desperate to get rid due to financial issues and Luongo is out of contract next year. I'd wager we can get him for less than £3.5m.

I wouldn't be against us signing O'Neill as a squad player and seeing how he develops, but I wouldn't want to sign him with the starting XI in mind. The Championship is an absolutely massive step up from the A-League.
    If they've seen enough in him to decide he's worth a go, I've no issue with O'Neill.

Look how Mooy impacted this league and was even a really performer in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    If they've seen enough in him to decide he's worth a go, I've no issue with O'Neill.

Look how Mooy impacted this league and was even a really performer in the Prem.
    Oh certainly, if the club think O'Neill has potential to succeed here then I'm all for it. I do think we need a proven quality player (whether at Championship level or an equivalent level abroad) to replace Colback though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Oh certainly, if the club think O'Neill has potential to succeed here then I'm all for it. I do think we need a proven quality player (whether at Championship level or an equivalent level abroad) to replace Colback though.
    Just a hunch. But I think it's a case of, for now it's Yacob, if we see someone else we really want, then Yacob will go, sounds like to Oly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Just a hunch. But I think it's a case of, for now it's Yacob, if we see someone else we really want, then Yacob will go, sounds like to Oly.
    I think that is probably the case. I think the club does want to properly replace Colback, but are currently keeping Yacob around until that is sorted just in case we don't.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_red View Post
    I think this guy would make tackles en mass, imo.
    Underappriciated