Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is leaving?

Default Who is leaving?

Now Cummings deal is confirmed, and given MW seems to play 4-2-3-1, who is leaving.
    Britt, Ben, or Vellios?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Who is leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    Now Cummings deal is confirmed, and given MW seems to play 4-2-3-1, who is leaving.
    Britt, Ben, or Vellios?
    None of them. Benbreo will continue out wide, sometimes coming in to make a two and Cummings is here to fight for a place ahead of Britt if and when he proves himself. Apostolos is a good back up too if we get any injuries or he needs to rotate. Anyway that's what I'm hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    None of them. Benbreo will continue out wide, sometimes coming in to make a two and Cummings is here to fight for a place ahead of Britt if and when he proves himself. Apostolos is a good back up too if we get any injuries or he needs to rotate. Anyway that's what I'm hoping.
    With us being linked with wingers I wouldn't imagine Ben would be played out wide and if he doesn't sign a contract we've got to sell him

Left Winger

Everybody forgets Tyler Walker in this equation too.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

With signing of Cummings i can see one sold theres an argument for any leaving from Brit(price tag) Brereton(contract) Vellios(down pecking order).
    IMO unless it's atleast 15m+ bid from non championship club we'd be off our rocker to sell Assombalonga.
    If i had choice it'd be Vellios hes probably on 15k/20k per week which under FFP isn't good buisness for someone whos arguably 4th choice in MW eyes.
    Hope im wrong but i've got feeling because he not signed new contract yet it'll be Brereton who'll be sold.

Out of all of them, probably Vellios.

Because Warburton rarely played him during the end of the season.

My hope is that they all stay though, you never know what could happen with injuries, etc.

I expect both Vellios and Brereton to leave. The former because he doesn't seem to be in Warburton's plans, the latter because we will need to sell someone to raise funds to give us scope to strengthen in the transfer market (Britt and Brereton are the only ones what will attract a decent transfer fee, but I think Warburton will choose to keep Britt over Brereton due to him being a proven goal scorer at this level).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Brereton only played out wide last season due to our lack of decent options there. I highly doubt he will regularly be used out wide should he stay, unless we have an absolute stinker of a summer transfer window and fail to bring in any decent wingers.

Ultimately I see Brereton seeking assurances he'll be played centrally or leaving. Thought he showed signs of frustration playing out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Ultimately I see Brereton seeking assurances he'll be played centrally or leaving. Thought he showed signs of frustration playing out wide.
    He's always seemed to me to have his head screwed on right, and as such probably wouldn't make such a daft demand to replace the clubs record signing who shits goals for a living.

How can a kid getting into the first team show signs of frustration? Get your head down and make an impression wherever you're asked to play.
    The worst impression would be to look like you weren't happy playing for a team like Forest.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    He's always seemed to me to have his head screwed on right, and as such probably wouldn't make such a daft demand to replace the clubs record signing who shits goals for a living.
    But would you rather sit on the bench of a championship team or a premiership team with the chance of going out on loan. He's now gonna be 3rd choice striker in a formation which starts with 1 up top. I personally thing Cummings will be ahead of him but some people might disagree

Quote Originally Posted by nffc-rob View Post
    But would you rather sit on the bench of a championship team or a premiership team with the chance of going out on loan. He's now gonna be 3rd choice striker in a formation which starts with 1 up top. I personally thing Cummings will be ahead of him but some people might disagree
    The games I saw of MW's reign had a front three when attacking with BB and MC either side of Britt. That formation gives plenty of opportunities for first team games for BB and some rotation when required.

Ben might move on, but it won't be for lack of first team chances. It'll be a purely financial decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    He'll only have eyes for his own development. He won't feel playing wide right is in his best interests going forward.

Given he put an extra 10 yds on most of his crosses, he aint too fussed about playing there.

The lads got plenty of balls, he'll doubtless feel he's worth a starting spot in the middle at better clubs than us.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I don't think we'll need to sell, we sold Burke for 13 mill and hardly spent more than normal on his replacements so that money will mostly still be on the books regards ffp

Jonny Metgod is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Ok Spider-Man.

Whilst obviously he's best suited to the centre, Britt has played wide right in his career previously.

Having Britt and Ben interchanging could really fuck some defences up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My money's on trentendscott.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    My money's on trentendscott.
    My hopes are on that.

#propersignature #iwontflouncelikesam #andyformod

If Vellios is here in September I'll be amazed tbh.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

I can't see how its healthy for the team (squad size) or financially to not get rid of one striker esepcially with Tyler in the wings... Surely Velios will be off..

Hopefully just Vellios will leave, or vellios and britt.

I am fed up of us selling young talented players - we coach them, get them going, then never get to see the end results.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    we've seen some very promising flashes, but still unproven. another loan out??

would be interesting to see what he can do with a season of regular game time

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Vellios going,
    Had to be one of them, but happy with the three we have kept.
    Now need two strong CM's

John Denver.