Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin McDonald

Default Re: Kevin McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Can I just say how much I'm enjoying GreeksBearingGifts being on the forum. It's refreshing and interesting to hear the opinions of a fan from another team, albeit one who might be now classed as a cousin of NFFC.
    I like to think that there is a Forest fan that can speak Greek somewhere on the Olympiacos forums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I like Antonis, always very gracious despite the morons banging on at him. Seemed to get on with Dan Taylor quite well.
    Clearly on the payroll of Marinakis...

Antonis Oikonomidis‏ @antoikonomidis 5 minutes ago

Replying to @jackland8391
    Yes, its true for #nffc and McDonald. There's a serious effort for him. On Oly loaning players, i think its highly doubtful.

Antonis also said Stojkovic & Lica have already gone.

You would assume lots of business may already be done but won't be announced until July 1st?

Can I just say how much I'm enjoying GreeksBearingGifts being on the forum. It's refreshing and interesting to hear the opinions of a fan from another team, albeit one who might be now classed as a cousin of NFFC.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I like to think that there is a Forest fan that can speak Greek somewhere on the Olympiacos forums
    There is a Greek Forest fan club, I don't know if any of them are Olympiacos fans. I knew an Olympiacos fan who was also crazy about Leeds United, which seemed a bit weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    Antonis Oikonomidis‏ @antoikonomidis 5 minutes ago

Replying to @jackland8391
    Yes, its true for #nffc and McDonald. There's a serious effort for him. On Oly loaning players, i think its highly doubtful.
    Like I said before, I also think it's doubtful that Olympiacos' players will be loaned out to Forest (except perhaps Ben); these two Marinakis ventures seem to proceed as two very separate projects, run very differently, at least for the time being.

Antonis also said Stojkovic & Lica have already gone.
    Again like I said before, I was almost certain that you can get rid of Stojkovic whenever you want (we have a lot of dealings with his manager).

Left Winger

LTLF has always prided itself on being the sort of player inclusive, all-embracing forum where everyone is welcome.

A sort of Football equivalent of liberte, egalite, fraternite if you will. Only with more squirrels.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    LTLF has always prided itself on being the sort of player inclusive, all-embracing forum where everyone is welcome.

A sort of Football equivalent of liberte, egalite, fraternite if you will. Only with more squirrels.
    Embracing? Have you seen the election thread? I find Sauron more enticing.

Seems like twitter feels this has some legs in it. Talk of a 3.5m bid being accepted - a couple other clubs interested too.

Perhaps Fulham want to replace him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Seems like twitter feels this has some legs in it. Talk of a 3.5m bid being accepted - a couple other clubs interested too.

Perhaps Fulham want to replace him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are rumours in France that they've bid up to €10m for Ole Selnaes from St Etienne who is a very similar player.

Impressive member

I think this would be an excellent signing if we can pull it off.

I dream of one who can manage fucking English.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I dream of one who can manage fucking English.
    Is that standard English, but with an extra flourish?

I learned a bit of Greek when I was working over there for a few years

but I'd probably get kicked off.............mounaris !

Just write English in bold capitals and leave spaces in between the letters.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Kelvin McDonald would be a fantastic signing. Give us some creativity that was lacking last season! COYR!

Whether we get this bloke or not, sounds like at least Warbo and co know what we need.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Kelvin McDonald would be a fantastic signing. Give us some creativity that was lacking last season! COYR!

So would Kevin...

From Nixon in today's paper...

Well , so much for that. It was always going to be difficult. Back to plan B , warburton.

Is McDonald worth 5m?

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Is McDonald worth 5m?
    He was, in my opinion, the best sitting midfielder/deep playmaker in the league last season. He's 28 and I don't think he's ever suffered with injury problems and he's exactly what our midfield is desperate for. So I'd say he's worth £5m.

Whether we have that kind of money to spend on a player without selling Britt or Brereton, I don't know.

He was, in my opinion, the best sitting midfielder/deep playmaker in the league last season. He's 28 and I don't think he's ever suffered with injury problems and he's exactly what our midfield is desperate for. So I'd say he's worth £5m.

Whether we have that kind of money to spend on a player without selling Britt or Brereton, I don't know.
    I'd agree he's worth that money, but with the academy players coming through and lower league signings looking like they're the way forward long term, I'd rather not spend it on him.

Although saying that, there is a chance that with the right DM and the timing of our wingers coming good that we might be in with a shout of being top 6 this year.

He may be worth that in the current market but he's not worth it for us. When the asking price gets too much move on to he next target.

Which is why I asked in the first place... Looking from the outside, and with Cummings and Mahoney already done, the remaining 3-4 transfers that Warburton wants are, I guess, LB, RB and midfields. In the first two cases, I am sure you can find quality players relatively cheap, especially since you already have a couple of players there. Therefore, the big money should be spent on the midfield(s).

Not that type of player

I don't know what he's worth but the midfield is where the majority of our transfer budget should be spent this summer.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough