Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 702

Thread: Sammy Ameobi

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,910

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Don't think his Wiki has the right stats, Transfermarkt has him as playing 30 scoring 4 and assisting 4.
    Makes more sense then.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    15,227

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Is that T Newton on twitter??

    If it is he used to post on here can't remember much about his posts
    He was the poster boy for fans4stability or something like that.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,530

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Is that T Newton on twitter??

    If it is he used to post on here can't remember much about his posts
    No mate that's not who I saw it from, I've seen he posted it since.


  5. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Is it Spainred?


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Very little in it last season, but Adomah smashed him the season before. All about opinions, Ive seen them both play & Adomah looked a Rolls Royce in comparison to a very awkward looking Ameobi.

    I hope we land neither, but Adomah looks like he could contribute more in whats supposed to be a promotion season.
    Adomah did, but remembering the teams these guys were playing in I think Ameobi did a respectable job in a very poor Bolton side where he’s been asked to play basically every position in midfield and attack.

    Without trying to compromise my previous argument - it would make sense from a budgetary POV. We’re looking to sign a stellar winger and a backup option - Ameobi is definitely the backup and a (relatively) cheap option at that, but which is Adomah?

    At the wages he’ll probably expect, he’ll most likely mean we have to scrimp on the stellar signing or not get another winger.

    Plus, we can probably offer Ameobi less cos we can guarantee his wages are gonna turn up at the end of each month


  7. #56
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    15,227

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Please no. Why would we sign someone who couldn't stand out in a relegated team? Other than because they're big.
    With a crazy hair cut.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,910

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    No mate that's not who I saw it from, I've seen he posted it since.
    Ah fair enough, just had a quick twitter search and that was the only one that came up.


  9. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Please no. Why would we sign someone who couldn't stand out in a relegated team? Other than because they're big.
    Honestly I thought he stood out as much as anyone can in a team that’s getting relegated. Bolton were fucking woeful, had massive off the field issues and I still thought Ameobi looked okay.


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,611

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Honestly I thought he stood out as much as anyone can in a team that’s getting relegated. Bolton were fucking woeful, had massive off the field issues and I still thought Ameobi looked okay.
    You right mate.

    He isn't awful. At his best he is difficult to stop and has a good shot on him.

    Would he be my choice ? No. But I don't think it is awful. Right now I think they definitely looking for an impact winger (him and Adomah) and will assess options as they go on.

    You look at rumoured bids. 2.5m for Grosicki & 2m for Whyte. Seems like there isn't loads to spend on the position.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    More chance of DJ Sammy - Heaven


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    You right mate.

    He isn't awful. At his best he is difficult to stop and has a good shot on him.

    Would he be my choice ? No. But I don't think it is awful. Right now I think they definitely looking for an impact winger (him and Adomah) and will assess options as they go on.
    I think it’s important to note that he’s only played 2 full seasons of football, both for Phil Parkinson’s Bolton.

    I think there’s a decent impact player in there, especially with the right coaching and players (Lolley particularly) around him


  13. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,611

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I think it’s important to note that he’s only played 2 full seasons of football, both for Phil Parkinson’s Bolton.

    I think there’s a decent impact player in there, especially with the right coaching and players (Lolley particularly) around him
    I remember watching him in his younger days. Really impressive dribbling even though it looks awkward and England u21s looked at him. Bolton has been a turgid environment. Just thinking Walker's loan there and seeing what they played.

    I'm looking around in the Championship at the moment. Sheff Wed about to sign Kadeem Harris on a free , Blackburn signed 35 year-old Stewart Downing on a fre, Luton signed Callum McManaman on a free, Huddersfield signed Reece Brown from Forest Green Rovers. These are the sorts of deals that are happening.


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I remember watching him in his younger days. Really impressive dribbling even though it looks awkward and England u21s looked at him. Bolton has been a turgid environment. Just thinking Walker's loan there and seeing what they played.

    I'm looking around in the Championship at the moment. Sheff Wed about to sign Kadeem Harris , Blackburn signed 35 year-old Stewart Downing, Luton signed Callum McManaman on a free, Huddersfield signed Reece Brown from Forest Green Rovers. These are the sorts of deals that are happening.
    Nixon tweeted the other day saying that it looks like half the Championship clubs are skint this window.

    I think, whilst he posts a lot of shit, he’s not far wrong there. A lot of teams blew their load last season, shifting managers around with ownerships been in place for a while with little success or return on investment - I don’t see the big money deals happening like they did last year or the year before.

    If we can get a couple of quality signings in and consolidate around what we have, I think the division is wide open this year.


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    805

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Seems like there isn't loads to spend on the position.
    Which, without wanting to back Alf up ever, makes last summer's signing of one player for 13m look completely bizarre.

    They might know what they're doing off the field but in footballing terms I seriously question the judgment of those running this club.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,530

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I remember watching him in his younger days. Really impressive dribbling even though it looks awkward and England u21s looked at him. Bolton has been a turgid environment. Just thinking Walker's loan there and seeing what they played.

    I'm looking around in the Championship at the moment. Sheff Wed about to sign Kadeem Harris , Blackburn signed 35 year-old Stewart Downing, Luton signed Callum McManaman on a free, Huddersfield signed Reece Brown from Forest Green Rovers. These are the sorts of deals that are happening.
    Problem is you have deals like those you've mentioned and like this one for Ameobi if it happens... but then you have Leeds who look like they're about to sign Helder Costa on loan for their impact winger, which to me is a level above, that signing screams 'going for it'.


  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Problem is you have deals like those you've mentioned and like this one for Ameobi if it happens... but then you have Leeds who look like they're about to sign Helder Costa on loan for their impact winger, which to me is a level above, that signing screams 'going for it'.
    And they’re the only team going for big money transfers like that, as far as I can see. FFP has clubs shook, especially with the points deductions last season


  18. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Problem is you have deals like those you've mentioned and like this one for Ameobi if it happens... but then you have Leeds who look like they're about to sign Helder Costa on loan for their impact winger, which to me is a level above, that signing screams 'going for it'.
    He'll Costa lot of money though


  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,611

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Nixon tweeted the other day saying that it looks like half the Championship clubs are skint this window.

    I think, whilst he posts a lot of shit, he’s not far wrong there. A lot of teams blew their load last season, shifting managers around with ownerships been in place for a while with little success or return on investment - I don’t see the big money deals happening like they did last year or the year before.

    If we can get a couple of quality signings in and consolidate around what we have, I think the division is wide open this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffing Psycho! View Post
    Problem is you have deals like those you've mentioned and like this one for Ameobi if it happens... but then you have Leeds who look like they're about to sign Helder Costa on loan for their impact winger, which to me is a level above, that signing screams 'going for it'.
    Both extremely strong points lads. I have been thinking about the whole situation myself.

    I think the loan market is going to be more crucial than ever. You not committing yourself to situations like ourselves are in trying to get players off the wage bill. Was looking at Steve Cooper's first interview on joining Swansea - he says his first aim is to get the big wages out the club and then it is going to be about being smart and using the loan market. Woodgate was saying similar and how they going to use their own players they have developed.

    Would Helder Costa be a loan signing ? Leeds could sell Jack Clarke to fund that purchase too.


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Both extremely strong points lads. I have been thinking about the whole situation myself.

    I think the loan market is going to be more crucial than ever. You not committing yourself to situations like ourselves are in trying to get players off the wage bill. Was looking at Steve Cooper's first interview on joining Swansea - he says his first aim is to get the big wages out the club and then it is going to be about being smart and using the loan market. Woodgate was saying similar and how they going to use their own players they have developed.

    Would Helder Costa be a loan signing ? Leeds could sell Jack Clarke to fund that purchase too.
    I think they want it permanent but Leeds want a loan? Or the other way round.

    Saw some stuff on it the other day


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,611

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire Red View Post
    Which, without wanting to back Alf up ever, makes last summer's signing of one player for 13m look completely bizarre.

    They might know what they're doing off the field but in footballing terms I seriously question the judgment of those running this club.
    Alf did have a point the whole time. I guess they really thought Dias and Goncalves could do more than they did. I just like the fact we invested on serious potential in JC.

    The problem is the scatter gun approach for me since January 2018. Just keep adding and adding without really balancing things and thinking of the consequences.


  22. #71
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    80,966

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    He'll Costa lot of money though
    Well if you want promotion you have to coffee-up the cash.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Well if you want promotion you have to coffee-up the cash.
    You have to pay star bucks for these type of players, for sure


  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    6,339

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    You have to pay star bucks for these type of players, for sure
    You need to spend a latte to get them in


  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25,375

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    You need to spend a latte to get them in
    Makes a bit of a mocha-ry of the transfer system


  26. #75
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    47,834

    Default Re: Sammy Ameobi

    Hope they give him directions to meadow lane, hes shit

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •