Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FFP

Default Re: FFP

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Nobody grasps FFP - as it seems to be based on a set of rules that no-one can view, measuring figures that no-one has access to.

It's essentially a good initial idea, which has become a vehicle for those in power to manipulate the leagues to bring in the most revenue, and in turn get the most back handers & "benefits" for themselves in the process.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Interesting article by NUFC Fanzine on Sunderland and FFP - http://www.true-faith.co.uk/financial-fair-play/

FFP has perfectly transparent rules which the vast majority of clubs abide by.

There have been a few instances of clubs flouting the rules; Bournemouth paid their fine and QPR contested theirs, not sure what happened with Leicester.

As for clubs with greater income being at an advantage; well nothing has changed there then.

That has always been the case and always will be; Football operates in a free market economy that is hugely dependent on paying customers.

If it has stopped clubs running up massive debts and then going into admin, then it will be a massive success.

If we can get our house in order and start to generate the income that puts us on the road to self sufficiency, we will have absolutely nothing to fear from FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    Interesting article by NUFC Fanzine on Sunderland and FFP - http://www.true-faith.co.uk/financial-fair-play/
    If I understand correctly, the 39m bar for losses includes equity injections (it is much lower, at 15m, without equity). This answers a question I had ever since the new president's open letter to the fans: why would the new ownership insist so much on ffp? I thought it was a sign that EM was not planning to put a lot of his own money, contrary to my guess. But the thing is, apparently, that, even if he wanted to inject a lot of money, he cannot.

This may also explain the transfer targets so far: young, cheap, ambitious players seems to be the main target group. I thought the first thing Warburton would do would be to sign four-five quality players with new Greek money. But I now wonder how much money will be available to him.

FFP stipulates that a club may run up no more than 39m in losses over a rolling 3 year period; this equates to 13m per season.

The 13m per season is only allowed if the owner injects capital of 8m reducing the overall loss to 5m.

The losses relate to monies spent on players, be it wages or transfer fees, and associated staff; it does not include any money spent on the Academy or on infrastructure.

There are a few issues that give a distorted view of the whole process; transfer fees received will be recorded in the year the transfer was conducted - transfer fees spent can be spread over the length of the players contract.

As far as our targets go; we will have significant leeway with regard to spend - we have the Oliver Burke money in the last set of accounts, regardless of whether Fawaz trousered the money or not, and any signings we make can be spread over a number of seasons.

That is what we know at the moment; there are issues that our new Chairman alluded to in his open letter that could very well impact on what we spend.

The very definition of the idea is wrong, it's not financial fair play when one club has £40 million to spend and one doesn't have anything because they have run up a small debt. Income to me is money coming in and if an owner wants to inject £40 million in one season, what is the objection if the money is covered? It only becomes a problem if the money is borrowed.

The other thing Valspoodle is that it isn't the borrowing of money that is the killer; it is the failure to service the debt that screws clubs up. If you have a reasonable turn-over, then it should be simple to pay interest on the borrowings. I also think FFP is largely unfair; it could have even been introduced to keep the Prem in a supreme position, knowing that generally, their clubs would be given a HUGE income. Of course, this has a downside, that foreign clubs see the Prem as being a cash cow, seeing as our lot pay well over the odds for players playing in Europe.

Our challenge is to increase income. That's where we rely on our super team of administrators to drag increasing amounts of money from Forest fans.

Default FFP

Just read that Derby have lost £25m over the last 2 years . Inc over £14m last year. So in theory another season like last one ( bearing in mind they ain't been promoted or look like they are cost cutting) the should fall foul of FFP at the end of next season if not promoted. Or cut costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Just read that Derby have lost £25m over the last 2 years . Inc over £14m last year. So in theory another season like last one ( bearing in mind they ain't been promoted or look like they are cost cutting) the should fall foul of FFP at the end of next season if not promoted. Or cut costs.

That's why they went for Rowett, strong upper finish with next to no budget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    That's why they went for Rowett, strong upper finish with next to no budget
    They will have to shift some of the players they have first.
    They must have a whopping wage bill.

Left Winger

They will have to shift some of the players they have first.
    They must have a whopping wage bill.

And even if they've amortised some of their transfer fees, those birds must be coming home to roost soon?

Wasn't it £5m-odd for Bradley Johnson?

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    And even if they've amortised some of their transfer fees, those birds must be coming home to roost soon?

Wasn't it £5m-odd for Bradley Johnson?
    £6m I believe Chris. And he is proper gash.
    When people say to me that Derby have been well managed financially. And have a good blueprint for moving forward i have to disagree.
    Their time is coming.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

When people say to me that Derby have been well managed financially. And have a good blueprint for moving forward i have to disagree.
    Their time is coming.

They were until mad Mel thought he could buy the league.

Wandering around the CG

Their time is coming.

They appeared to be a role model 3 years ago, but have since become a bit of a mess.
    It's been wonderful to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    They appeared to be a role model 3 years ago, but have since become a bit of a mess.
    It's been wonderful to watch
    Must be a fair few clubs who are riding their luck as they've aimed for promotion but have continuously overspent.

Not that type of player

They can lose £39m over 3 seasons and still be within FFP.

Also, even if they were in danger of going over the limit flogging one of their best players, e.g Hughes, would solve the problem.

I get that people are hoping they fall foul of the regulations but it's wishful thinking.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    They can lose £39m over 3 seasons and still be within FFP.

Also, even if they were in danger of going over the limit flogging one of their best players, e.g Hughes, would solve the problem.

I get that people are hoping they fall foul of the regulations but it's wishful thinking.
    They are also pretty clever with their accounting so I am sure they will be using every trick in the book to avoid FFP.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

They have the sale of Hendricks and a sizeable loan fee from Fulham for Martin to show in the latest accounts, so there is no danger of failing at the moment.

They must be reaching their limit on spend though, unless they sell someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Gonad View Post
    FFP has perfectly transparent rules which the vast majority of clubs abide by.

There have been a few instances of clubs flouting the rules; Bournemouth paid their fine and QPR contested theirs, not sure what happened with Leicester.
    So 3 club flaunted the rules & got promotion

If we (and others) can get away with this then FFP is basically irrelevant:

"Fawaz Al Hasawi looks to have written off almost £18m worth of loans to Nottingham Forest.

The Reds have announced an operating loss of £23.7m for the 2015/16 season, but £17.7m in loans to the club have been written off, leading to overall losses of just £2.2m.

That is 90 percent down on losses of £21.6m in 2014/15, and puts Forest within the Football League's Financial Fair Play regulations."

Marinakis could spend £50m if he wanted, write a large proportion of the money off and post of token loss that is within the FFP parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    So 3 club flaunted the rules & got promotion
    Yes, and three flaunted the rules and did not get promotion - two of them ended last season on the same points; one was relegated the other wasn't

I appreciate that a lot of people do not like the rules as they are, but you cannot go back to what happened before.

Its all well and good saying rich benefactors should be able to spend whatever they want; what about when they spend money they do not have?

We have just had a very near miss with that kind of benefactor; running up the best part of 100m in debts hoping to make a quick buck when we reached the PL.

Instead he sent the club on a downward spiral and nearly lost a all of his money in the process; he was very lucky to sell the club and get some money back and we are even luckier to have gotten rid of him.