Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FFP

Default FFP

Question regarding FFP.
    I understand that all clubs come under the FFP regulations and are limited to x amount of money.
    What are the rules when teams get relegated from the Premier League and receive parachute payments.
    I suspect that they have the FFP figure plus the parachute payment. Is that correct.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: FFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye1947 View Post
    Question regarding FFP.
    I understand that all clubs come under the FFP regulations and are limited to x amount of money.
    What are the rules when teams get relegated from the Premier League and receive parachute payments.
    I suspect that they have the FFP figure plus the parachute payment. Is that correct.
    Yes

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

They can spend as much as they want and nobody gives a toss especially if they are a London club

Wandering around the CG

'Arry will get around it at Brum.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    'Arry will get around it at Brum.
    He will probably make his dog the Financial Director.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Not that type of player

Under the new Parachute Payment rules clubs get around £87m spread over three seasons after relegation. Unless they're only in the Premier League for one season in which case they get two years worth.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

You can lose £13 million per season, averaged over 3 seasons. Any income they bring in, including parachute payments can be spent.

For us, we probably didn't lose that much last season after the Burke sale so should be OK to spend if we want to this summer.

Outside of that if the new owners want to invest above that amount, they need to do it in the form of development costs such as investment in facilities and the youth team as these are excluded from the allowable loss.

I'm sure I read that Leicester did a bit of dodgy dealing and basically told the authorities to fuck off or am I imagining it?

Are we talking about FFP and sanctions as they apply to Forest, or as they apply to every other club?

Two very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I'm sure I read that Leicester did a bit of dodgy dealing and basically told the authorities to fuck off or am I imagining it?
    Yes along with QPR, Bournemouth etc

Not that type of player

The secret is to get promoted, then you only have to pay a fine. Bournemouth were fined about £7m. Or you can challenge it in the courts like QPR and Leicester and wait for arbitration.

It should depend on money spent not money lost. Rich owners can afford to lose money with no problem, but rich owners, under this system, are not allowed to lose money.

Sort of bondage without the fun (if that's your kind of fun).

Devils favourite advocate

Swaggers leather chaps sent up

Left Winger

Nothing wrong with a bit of 'S&M.

Nothing wrong with M&M's

Forest Till I Die!

Anyone know when the decision regards QPR hiding their losses when got promoted to the Premium a few years ago will be made? Or have they got away with their £60 million + loss?

Forest Till I Die!

Anyone know when the decision regards QPR hiding their losses when got promoted to the Prem a few years ago will be made? Or have they got away with their £60 million + loss?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39950114

Set for resolution soon according to above, Leaves a few questions though

Is soon the conventionally acepted meaning of soon or the much woollier Pineapple version?

Will QPR have to pay a fine or will the Football League have to pay QPR compensation because they are a London club and their finances shouldn't be questioned?

Last edited by I'm Red Till Dead; 27-05-17 at 21:03.

They will get off with it...london club innit

oopsy daisy!

The way FFP is structured and applied means that those who breach it and get promoted the to the Premier League can then ignore it by paying a sum of approximately 5% of the television money they receive from their first year in the top tier.

The rest struggle to make ends meet and those who fail to comply and not get promoted get fines and embargos that put them in fear of relegation from the Championship.

All very fair and geared towards ensuring an elite until such time as they openly have the balls to tell the rest of the football pyramid outright that they have made it a closed shop.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

All very fair and geared towards ensuring an elite until such time as they openly have the balls to tell the rest of the football pyramid outright that they have made it a closed shop.
    Which, I maintain, is still the long term goal - as per the American model, a closed league with no relegation and no need to prop-up the remaining 72/74 clubs, consolidating all the money at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Which, I maintain, is still the long term goal - as per the American model, a closed league with no relegation and no need to prop-up the remaining 72/74 clubs, consolidating all the money at the top.
    I know its the fashionable thing on here to hate the premier league but i don't agree with you there, part of the product is the uniqueness of the British pyramid.....for a start this weekend you have two teams competing in the richest game in football.... you get more eventual "prize" money winning the play offs than the champions league and the la liga combined.

I think its 25 years old next year and if they were gonna do it, it would have been done by now.

Your more likely to get a euro breakaway league imo.

Rose-Coloured Boy

British fans aren't the same as American ones though and I don't think there's any appetite for a system that 'locks in' the Premier League teams by doing away with relegation.

Winning the Championship is great but promotion is the ultimate prize and if you take that away it makes the whole thing a bit pointless imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I know its the fashionable thing on here to hate the premier league but i don't agree with you there, part of the product is the uniqueness of the British pyramid.....for a start this weekend you have two teams competing in the richest game in football.... you get more eventual "prize" money winning the play offs than the champions league and the la liga combined.

I think its 25 years old next year and if they were gonna do it, it would have been done by now.

Your more likely to get a euro breakaway league imo.
    If the big boys do breakaway the premier would turn into the old division One,happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    If the big boys do breakaway the premier would turn into the old division One,happy days.
    Hopefully that will mean a return of Elton Welsby