Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Krystian Bielik

Default Re: Krystian Bielik

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I did a quick search and there's nothing anywhere obvious about a fee for Chabolah. Transfermarkt doesn't have a fee and they're usually spot on, which suggests either they don't know or it was a free.

I dunno, usually it seems like any fees for loans aren't reported.
    It was undisclosed (as are most fees, loan or permanent) but I recall that a few clubs were interested in Chalobah and it came down to who would stump up the biggest loan fee. It wouldn't have been cheap, that's for sure (Chelsea's loan players seldom are at the best of times).

We struggled to bring in decent loan players under embargo too because we couldn't pay a loan fee, which also tells me that loan fees are a bit more substantial than a few hundred grand (as Premier League clubs wouldn't quibble over that so much if they are awash with cash).

Last edited by Ashley; 02-06-17 at 09:29.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    I am sure Huddersfield are gutted they got Izzy Brown and Aaron Mooy on loan. Two players key in getting them promoted. I also bet Bristol City fans are also raging Tammy Abraham was brought in and scored the goals to keep them up.
    It's easy to pick out the few good examples of loan signings as they stand out as success stories, but everyone forgets about the hundreds of loan players that don't make an impact. It's not just a Forest problem either, I've seen plenty of loan players do very little at clubs, far more than I have seen successes. And even if a loan player by some miracle turns out to be a success, they will need to be replaced once they return to their parent club, which will require either a permanent replacement or sticking more coins in the loan signing slot machine; hardly ideal when it comes to long term planning and building a squad.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    We have had some successful loans in recent seasons.

Aaron Ramsey, for one brief period, he looked absolute class.
    Aaron Ramsey was over 6 years ago, hardly recent!

Gary Gardner (1st time) and Nelson Oliviera were good. Other than that I genuinely can't think of any good loan signings in recent years.

Bertrand, Ramsey, Majewski, Oliviera, Gardner, Mendes, Jokic, Guedioura, Sharp, Jenas, Jara, Hobbs, Vaughan, Hunt. All those players were good players during their loan spell in recent years and about half of them lead to permanent deals.

I just don't get the anti-loan philosophy, the core of Huddersfield's side is loan players. Ward, Mooy & Brown all on loan and just played a key part in them getting promoted. Just like permanent transfers, if you use the market correctly it's going to benefit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Bertrand, Ramsey, Majewski, Oliviera, Gardner, Mendes, Jokic, Guedioura, Sharp, Jenas, Jara, Hobbs, Vaughan, Hunt. All those players were good players during their loan spell in recent years and about half of them lead to permanent deals.

I just don't get the anti-loan philosophy, the core of Huddersfield's side is loan players. Ward, Mooy & Brown all on loan and just played a key part in them getting promoted. Just like permanent transfers, if you use the market correctly it's going to benefit you.
    Unless you're going for promotion what's the point? It's all the same from 7th to 21st. Bringing in loan players limits the development of your own players, who you will be able to use the season after, or profit from your investment of game time.

If you finish mid table with a core of loan players all you've done is improved some players for someone else. Over the season your own squad may well have gone backwards.

If you want a stable team (which we're in dire need for) you don't want to be disrupting the squad with loans every transfer window

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Unless you're going for promotion what's the point? It's all the same from 7th to 21st. Bringing in loan players limits the development of your own players, who you will be able to use the season after, or profit from your investment of game time.

If you finish mid table with a core of loan players all you've done is improved some players for someone else. Over the season your own squad may well have gone backwards.

If you want a stable team (which we're in dire need for) you don't want to be disrupting the squad with loans every transfer window

Pretty much my thoughts but put into better words. As I said, loan signings have their place (a short term fix to cover for injuries, or gunning for promotion within that season and need a short term injection of quality, etc) but where we are at the moment (in dire need of stability and needing to lay foundations for future seasons) the last thing we need at the moment is to pack our squad with loan players. At this point in time, loan signings is money down the toilet at a period where we really can't be throwing money away.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post

But on the flip side, if you were a player with aspirations to play in the Premier League, would you be looking to sign for a club that was mid table and improving or one that just finished 21st and escaped relegation on goal difference? We have to make ourselves an attractive proposition and be seen as a club worth signing for. I'm certain that GOOD use of the loan system will be part of that.

In reference to earlier comments about FFP, it's true that loans aren't free, but they do provide an opportunity to budget on an annual basis whereas permanent signings will commit for future years as well and could lead to FFP problems further down the line.

Ultimately it comes down to making good decisions. If the player is right and the cost is right then it's a good deal. Unnecessary, substandard or over expensive players - no thanks.

Last edited by andover red; 02-06-17 at 12:19.

We could loan a central midfielder to aid the transition between Cohen/Vaughan and Anel/Cash.

Cohen and Vaughan won't be able to play every game and there will be games where you don't want to push Anel and Cash into, not yet anyway. So, in this instance, a short term loan without multi-year commitment of wages might be best idea?

There's a middle ground to be had here. Yes, we should look to trim the squad and use our own youngsters as much as possible, but the addition of a couple of loans in key areas for specific reasons shouldn't be shied away from.

What should be shied away from is desperation loan signings like Dumitru.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

I think loan signings in particular should be made to hit key performance targets as part of their loan fee/contract.

It would mean we don't get chancers taking the piss and then us having to pay for top dollar for them, if they hit the key performance targets the loaning club get a better fee and the loan player could also receive a bonus?

Thoughts, I know this goes against the grain a lot but it could be positive for all concerned who have to loan out players or loan in players?

I'm not famous anymore!!
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

We have had some successful loans in recent seasons.

Aaron Ramsey, for one brief period, he looked absolute class.
    Agreed, Shorey is a perfect example of a good loan. However, my preference would be fully signed up..

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRedDog View Post
    Agreed, Shorey is a perfect example of a good loan. However, my preference would be fully signed up..
    The thing is, what's properly buggered the loan market being used for its original purpose - which was if you found yourself having an injury crisis - was the closure of the old loan windows.

Now, you can't loan outfield players if, for example, your first and second choice Left Backs are crocked, outside of a transfer window.

This has meant that short-term loans, like Shorey and Ramsey, can't really be done anymore, so it's a season- or half-season or nothing.

Given the incredible financial disparity between the Premier League and the rest, it only makes it more difficult to compete.

For (a bad) example; if we'd signed Shorey either permanently or until the end of the season, we might have pipped West Brom to that second automatic place. Look where both clubs are now.

But under the new rules, we'd not be able to pick up a Shorey, outside the window.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

There is again twittertalk on a possible loan of Bielik to either Leeds or Forest.

This guy was bought by Arsenal from Legia Warsaw for 2 m when he was 17, so I guess he can't be very bad. Did not play much for Birmingham last year.

Rose-Coloured Boy

More chance of...

No, sorry I've got nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    More chance of...

No, sorry I've got nothing
    ... something more psychedelic?

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    ... something more psychedelic?
    ...Mayim Bialik?

More chance of Sergeant Bilko

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

More chance of Christina Aguilera

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I probably would. I bet she's filthier than an Arkansas coal miner.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I probably would. I bet she's filthier than an Arkansas coal miner.
    Hopefully she's still got those chaps. I'd smash her to bits.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Hopefully she's still got those chaps. I'd smash her to bits.
    Oh yes.

That photo shoot where there's bits of her - censored - hanging out?

Not that type of player

We're favourites to land him according to this

https://gunnersphere.com/2017/08/tab...d-of-salzburg/

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Heard a little whisper he attended Arsenal u23s game this evening with his arm in a brace.

Jonny Metgod is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Heard a little whisper he attended Arsenal u23s game this evening with his arm in a brace.
    Maybe from going a few rounds with Christina Aguilera's censored bits?