Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 151 to 162 of 162

Thread: Iacovitti

      
  1. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24,118

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Some guy claims Iacovitt is loaned out to Guiseley (National League). Wouldn't that be weird?
    Not if he's assured game time, it'll toughen him up.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #152

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Haven't we had a few guys go out there now?


  4. #153
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    17,996

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Not if he's assured game time, it'll toughen him up.
    He already looks pretty tough since his new haircut.


  5. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    19,668

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Remember Jordan Smith was playing for Nuneaton in the Conference North before cementing a place in the Forest starting eleven the next season.

    I didn't hold out much hope for Jorge Grant but he's certainly showing he's got something about him. Perhaps game time at adult level was all he needed?

    Still think Iacovitti has a good shot of cementing a place in the Forest side next year, although less now Warburton has gone.

    Karanka Mutineer

  6. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    13,508

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Following on from the points above, dare I mention that Fox would be preferable to Traore at the moment?
    And Traore doesn't have a fractured knee cap!


  7. #156

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Looks like there may be this reasoning to this.

    Some very good feedback on the FGR forum.

    http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php...0cccaf7beb6201
    I'm sure they would be sad to see him come back. He took a part in 12 of their league games and they earned 18 points in them. As for the remaining 9 games, they only got 2 points. Not So let down to him, but it would appear he had a positive impact. Since they stopped picking him they went 3 games without picking up a point.

    They signed a couple of new permanent defenders last week which I would imagine made him surplus to their requirements. They seemed to have helped them as they won their last game (which wasn't included in the point count as I wasn't sure of the date Iacovitti returned)


  8. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post
    I'm sure they would be sad to see him come back. He took a part in 12 of their league games and they earned 18 points in them. As for the remaining 9 games, they only got 2 points. Not So let down to him, but it would appear he had a positive impact. Since they stopped picking him they went 3 games without picking up a point.

    They signed a couple of new permanent defenders last week which I would imagine made him surplus to their requirements. They seemed to have helped them as they won their last game (which wasn't included in the point count as I wasn't sure of the date Iacovitti returned)
    I think Iacovitti's next loan move is vital. Mansfield and now FGR not fighting to keep him even though the Stags situation wasn't ideal with change in manager.

    To be considered special enough for Forest's first team squad you need to separate yourself from the usual. The only thing is being a defender it can be tougher to do. It's not like he has done badly in his loans as pointed out by you above.

    So I wonder what the next move is for him. Does he go to Guiseley or does he stay here ?

    I think he will be a player who will get to a decent career with the right backing.


  9. #158

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I think Iacovitti's next loan move is vital. Mansfield and now FGR not fighting to keep him even though the Stags situation wasn't ideal with change in manager.

    To be considered special enough for Forest's first team squad you need to separate yourself from the usual. The only thing is being a defender it can be tougher to do. It's not like he has done badly in his loans as pointed out by you above.

    So I wonder what the next move is for him. Does he go to Guiseley or does he stay here ?

    I think he will be a player who will get to a decent career with the right backing.
    The results suggest that he made a difference. Two of the games they lost when he played came with Forest Green Rovers losing after they had a player sent off (not him). One of those games was the last game he played for them at Grimsby. Its not clear to me why he wasn't in the squad after that.

    Looking at the link I replied to in the post above the fans seemed to like him and I;m sure they loved his injury time winner against Crewe. Hopefully he will get a chance at some point to proove himself with us again and we'll see if he can grab it.


  10. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    No doubt he has added more invaluable experience.

    Ultimately I think he should have joined County with Yates. Iacovitti to Yates was a regular feature growing up in the same age group. Both goin with the 18s to Spain for pre-season as 16s. They needed a CB as well and Hardy made it sound they wanted him badly.

    Right now he is in a battle with Ahmedhodzic and Crookes as the best young CB not in the first team.


  11. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Noticed it seems Preston (once he signed his pro contract) replaced Iacovitti with the first team.

    I wonder what his future holds now.

    They could loan him out but when he has Ahmedhodzic and Crookes ahead of him then I wonder what plans they will have for him especially how his loans unfortunately haven't grabbed the attention of football league clubs. There is value in goalscorers like Grant, Walker etc but a defender not in the immediate back up group is 50/50

    I must admit his u23 appearances didn't shout out to me when back. Some players don't kick on and I think he is one.


  12. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    19,668

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Surprised by this. He looked assured at left back under PM in the first few games he had and I was disappointed he got loaned out.

    Can't believe he wouldn't have any takers in League Two at the least.


  13. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    Default Re: Iacovitti

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Surprised by this. He looked assured at left back under PM in the first few games he had and I was disappointed he got loaned out.

    Can't believe he wouldn't have any takers in League Two at the least.
    There was a lot of talk about Iacovitti. Dougal came in and first week he travelled with the first team to Burnley.

    But when I watched him and Worrall play together, Worrall stuck out to me. With the ball and his interceptions. Iacovitti was the one who was probably being aggressive to win headers whilst Worrall would sit back and mop up.

    I also thought he did alright under Montanier but I'm not sure he reads danger as well as Worrall & Crookes and when you not the quickest centre-back I think that is vital.

    His two loans look worse on paper than they were. FGR fans seem to really like him so thought it odd he didn't stay.

    Last edited by BryanRoy; 03-07-18 at 09:44.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •