Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iacovitti

Default Re: Iacovitti

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Change of direction, now he is heading for the (other) Forest, Forest Green Rovers. He will have the pleasure of playing for a team based in the smallest town ever to host a Football League club, and on a football stadium where vegan snacks are sold.
    They're a pretty fascinating team if you get the chance to do a bit more reading about them and their future plans for their completely wooden eco-friendly stadium etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    They're a pretty fascinating team if you get the chance to do a bit more reading about them and their future plans for their completely wooden eco-friendly stadium etc.
    Yes, I read that somewhere yesterday. The owner is in eco-business if I understood correctly.

Change of direction, now he is heading for the (other) Forest, Forest Green Rovers. He will have the pleasure of playing for a team based in the smallest town ever to host a Football League club, and on a football stadium where vegan snacks are sold.
    I bet Notts aren't happy with that.

Alan Hardy was bragging on Twitter yesterday about 2 of the Forest lads going to County, now he's off to Forest Green (who have been spatting with County all summer). Keep your mouth shut, Al.

Comical.

Terrorist Scum

Comical Al-i

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    As they don't currently have a club nickname (actually they do, but it's naff) - I suggest we christen them, 'The Hippies'

Bit more than just vegan snacks, the club is vegan from top to bottom whether that be the food given to the players or bought by the fans. Even their pitch is vegan, with no man made products used on it. They add a seaweed supplement to the playing surface and use a gps enabled, solar powered mower to cut the grass.

I have some business dealings with Dale Vince, their chairman, who's a very interesting character.

Nailsworth, the village they are based in has a population under 5000 and even the local town of Stroud is only 25,000. The area is big on rugby rather than football.

Got to say, I think it could be a bad move for the lad. Kevin Nolan is still finding his feet at County, but has been successful throughout his career, captaining every club he's played at whereas FGR are managed by Mark Cooper, both a journeyman footballer around the lower leagues and as manager, never really nailing his colours to any one club either, however he is highly sought as manager in the lower leagues.

Like anything money talks and I'll assume FGR are paying a greater proportion of his wages as part of the deal.

A move away from Forest and Nottingham could just be what he needs, however he really will be in the sticks, there's hardly anything there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Bit more than just vegan snacks, the club is vegan from top to bottom whether that be the food given to the players or bought by the fans.

Got to say, I think it could be a bad move for the lad.
    I agree. He needs to be bulking up, eating steak.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I agree. He needs to be bulking up, eating steak.
    Here we go........

Nothing to stop him eating steak away from the club, but while he's there he won't.

Think the club should be applauded for doing things differently. Being the outsider could work in their favour.

Anyway, if nothing else it'll help prove that you don't need that vile shite in your life to be a professional footballer.

Miserable bastard

Sheesh Swags, I was posting tongue-in-cheek!

Went out with a vegetarian once. Never again.

It was fucking depressing.

#Meat in.

Where's me hammer?

Here we go........

Nothing to stop him eating steak away from the club, but while he's there he won't.

Think the club should be applauded for doing things differently. Being the outsider could work in their favour.

Anyway, if nothing else it'll help prove that you don't need that vile shite in your life to be a professional footballer.

Being serious for once...

Ive been thinking about it for a while now

I was on at the gaffer this morning about going vegan in our house...... she couldnt give up milk in her tea was her response.

Any decent places for vegan recipes?

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...-forest-green/

Loaned out for the season........pity as he might have been able to cover Traore when he gets injured.

I eat vegan every now and then and the best thing to do is experiment. Try and do a shop by only buying stuff with vegan approved stamps on it and then try to mix and match stuff.

However, I love cooking. So doing that kind of stuff is a great night in for me...

Happy Pear on YouTube.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Mea...mes/0062320327

Plenty of other chefs to pick from. Jamie Oliver's food channel on YouTube, Gordon Ramsay, Hugh Fearnley Whittingdale to name three.

As for milk, I use rice milk in coffee, I sometimes even use real milk, however I won't use factory produced milk where cows are artificially inseminated just to provide milk for our use.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Went out with a vegetarian once. Never again.

It was fucking depressing.

#Meat in.
    I've always found if you buy into their fads you can always manipulate then to do what you want them to.

Vegan/vegetarian women have too many body issues, however you can up the excuses for more sex as enjoyable exercise.

They'll be like putty in your hand

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Being serious for once...

Ive been thinking about it for a while now

I was on at the gaffer this morning about going vegan in our house...... she couldnt give up milk in her tea was her response.

Any decent places for vegan recipes?
    My girlfriend is vegan (she was veggie for about 10 years before that), she mostly uses almond milk, although she drinks her coffee black and doesn't drink normal tea, just fruity stuff or peppermint. Cheese is the thing she misses the most.

Her go to recipe book is Thug Kitchen, think they have quite a few recipes on their website as well, she also gets a lot of ideas off Pintrest I'm told. She tends to just make things up as she goes along.

Did she fart a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I eat vegan every now and then and the best thing to do is experiment. Try and do a shop by only buying stuff with vegan approved stamps on it and then try to mix and match stuff.

However, I love cooking. So doing that kind of stuff is a great night in for me...
    How do you experiment by buying things with a vegan stamp on it? Do you buy ready made meals or something? Hardly the hardest things to cook.

Swaggers makes everything from scratch, cooking is easy and quick, it just requires practice.

Got some massive courgettes that I've grown to chuck into a curry when I'm home tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz230 View Post
    Did she fart a lot?
    Who?

Swaggers sticks his dick in their asses, seems to stop the problem

A little meat goes a long way (so the wife tells me)

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Considering Iacovitti performed pretty well in the few Championship appearances he made for us, I cant help but think sending him down to League 2 is a bit of a waste.

I'd have hoped we could have found a L1 club that would have taken him.

How do you experiment by buying things with a vegan stamp on it? Do you buy ready made meals or something? Hardly the hardest things to cook.

Swaggers makes everything from scratch, cooking is easy and quick, it just requires practice.

A mate of mine wanted to impress his then new girlfriend (now wife) by cooking for her the first time she came to his flat. His cooking skills stretched as far as putting a pizza in the oven, so he asked me to teach him something 'quick, easy but impressive' to make for her. I taught him to make a Thai green curry from scratch and he was absolutely amazed how easy it was.

Some people seem to get really intimidated by a bag of ingredients and a kitchen.

Got some massive courgettes that I've grown to chuck into a curry when I'm home tomorrow.

No, you can find all sorts of stuff that's vegan friendly and most supermarkets will have a bit where you find all the alternatives together. Most of the meals I've made are veg based obviously, with a bit of tofu added (although tofu is a sore point with some vegans apparently, something to do with genetics).

Mexican is my absolute fave to cook and you can experiment, and that's dead easy to mess around with. I don't eat vegan for any point other than I love cooking and find it quite easy, passed onto me from me Granddads.

I love cooking with courgettes, helped my sister make courgette and mushroom bread from a recipe she found on the net a year or so ago. Lovely.

Vegan/vegetarian women have too many body issues, however you can up the excuses for more sex as enjoyable exercise.
    I didnt have the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I bet Notts aren't happy with that.

Alan Hardy was bragging on Twitter yesterday about 2 of the Forest lads going to County, now he's off to Forest Green (who have been spatting with County all summer). Keep your mouth shut, Al.

Comical.
    Just had a gander at his twitter. He is like Fawaz on speed.

It's all going to end in tears.