Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Yes, regularly. He was on the bench for the match against PAOK at Thessaloniki last week.
    Can he play left b...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bad night. Losing to Laima 3-4 on aggregate in Greek Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Bad night. Losing to Laima 3-4 on aggregate in Greek Cup.
    Football is a funny game. We had 74% possession, 28 attempts for goal, of which 18 were on target, and several were classic chances, their goalkeeper made 19 saves and they had 1 (one) attempt on goal. Still, they won. One of those nights.

Even if the ref had given us the two penalties he stole from us we still would have lost. We would have missed them like the one he did give us (which was not a penalty).

One of those ey

Where's me hammer?

Sounds like through association you have caught the forest curse

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Are there any channels Oly are on today?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Are there any channels Oly are on today?
    Normally every league match is on the Sky Bet app but doesn't look like they are today for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Normally every league match is on the Sky Bet app but doesn't look like they are today for some reason.
    It's on public television but I'm not sure the webtv works for outside Greece: http://webtv.ert.gr/ert1-live/

You're not missing much: it's a crap game with the opponent playing 11-0-0.

Thanks GBG, that works

Like I said, you wouldn't be missing much. One of our poorest performances, despite the easy win.

Yeah, was pretty slow going. Tough with the opposition seemingly happy to take a 1-0 loss... 2nd goal prevented any kind of theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Yeah, was pretty slow going. Tough with the opposition seemingly happy to take a 1-0 loss... 2nd goal prevented any kind of theft.
    our season was concentrated in one specific moment, when our forward made a header and the ball hit the horizontal and then the vertical bar without getting in. our total season in one moment. we were pretty unlucky this season, not to mention the lack of a killer in the box.

It's our birthday today; we turn 94.

Among the 33 founding members, there are four members of the Andrianopouloi family, who play a special part in the early history of the club: their father was one of the people financing the club, and the four brothers, along with a fifth one, played together in the football club, as well as in the volleyball department and the track and field team. All of them were very good and three of them went on to become international players.

I suppose there aren't many clubs where five brothers played simultaneously.

Football is a funny game. We had 74% possession, 28 attempts for goal, of which 18 were on target, and several were classic chances, their goalkeeper made 19 saves and they had 1 (one) attempt on goal. Still, they won. One of those nights.

Even if the ref had given us the two penalties he stole from us we still would have lost. We would have missed them like the one he did give us (which was not a penalty).
    ... and, to compensate because it was our birthday, yesterday the opponent played better than us and missed a couple of very big chances, we had only seven attempts on goal, and still we won 4-1 with two goals and the assist leading to a third goal reaching the target by a deflection of the ball.

Like I said, football is a funny game.

Last edited by GreeksBearingGifts; 11-03-19 at 08:25.

When I went to the game I had to buy a supporter's card for ten Euros before they would sell me a ticket. I notice that card has an expiry date of May. Do they actually make every fan buy an extra 10 Euro card every three months just so they can buy tickets? Because that's a fucking joke if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Ninja View Post
    When I went to the game I had to buy a supporter's card for ten Euros before they would sell me a ticket. I notice that card has an expiry date of May. Do they actually make every fan buy an extra 10 Euro card every three months just so they can buy tickets? Because that's a fucking joke if so.
    No. It's per year. May to May. You should ask us to find you a card for a ticket.
    This card is to support the non professional dpts of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    No. It's per year. May to May. You should ask us to find you a card for a ticket.
    This card is to support the non professional dpts of the club.
    Bit like when I was on DC-10s and we used to go to LA regularly so we would borrow Disneyland Magic Kingdom cards off the ground staff. Help out your mates.

Another exciting derby between us and Panathinaikos, in the latter's stadium (and with only their fans present, as is common over here). In the fourth minute, Panathinaikos fans invaded the pitch and attacked our bench; one of them carried a knife. Weirdly enough, the match went on. In the second half we scored, and soon after there were massive clashes in the stands between Panathinaikos fans and the police and another pitch invasion. The referee interrupted the game and demanded that all fans should leave. They didn't and he interrupted the match definitely.

Greek football...

That's mental!

More points deductions then

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    More points deductions then
    Yes, they will approach the relegation zone

Rice # 42

Another exciting derby between us and Panathinaikos, in the latter's stadium (and with only their fans present, as is common over here). In the fourth minute, Panathinaikos fans invaded the pitch and attacked our bench; one of them carried a knife. Weirdly enough, the match went on. In the second half we scored, and soon after there were massive clashes in the stands between Panathinaikos fans and the police and another pitch invasion. The referee interrupted the game and demanded that all fans should leave. They didn't and he interrupted the match definitely.

Greek football...
    That's very similar to what happened when I went a couple of years ago, except the match didn't even start! I love the smell of tear gas in the early evening

Like blokes meeting up outside the stadium for a punch up I understand, but invading the pitch to attack players with weapons I don't.