Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Will Martins position be under threat if they lose to AEK?

Interesting that you are prioritising the league
    The general feeling among the fans is that Martins has done a good job so far, given the objective difficulties (a completely new roster), and that for the first time in a couple of years, we have managed to play correct and pleasing football. I hope the ownership sees it the same way.

For me this a transitional season anyway. I hope there is enough patience by decision makers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Most of the players were not match fit, and the team collapsed after Milan's first goal. We were much better than I expected in the first half given the starting eleven.
    You were doing such a good job of keeping the ball and managing the game. It was so strange when you started going for it, but I guess players like Podence doesn't know any other way of playing. Toure looked knackered after 10 minutes.

Bloody shower....still, better then a billion girls instagramming themselves in front of the Duomo.

Bloody hell Fetfatzidis, can't believe he missed that at the end after brilliant work from Podence.

If anyone is interested all of Oly's games are free to watch from the Sky Bet app (low quality though), I find them good viewing on Sunday evenings when Strictly is on

Bloody hell Fetfatzidis, can't believe he missed that at the end after brilliant work from Podence.

If anyone is interested all of Oly's games are free to watch from the Sky Bet app (low quality though), I find them good viewing on Sunday evenings when Strictly is on
    i couldn't sleep last night. i was closing my eyes and keep seeing that lost chance. i couldn't believe it.

we played two difficult derbies and we should take 6 points but we got only 1 point. f@@k it. we need some luck at some point since we deserve more if we take into account how we play on the pitch.

anyway. we are a new team with 20 new players and we need time to click. but we are getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post

Sokratis Kominakis was also at San Siro yesterday.
    The guy on the right is Savvas Theodoridis, aged 83, vice-president of Olympiacos and one of the most legendary goalkeepers in the history of Greek football.

Milan did a lovely gesture for him. After the match in San Siro, they had an official dinner with Theodoridis as the honoured guest. You see Theodoridis was the goalkeeper at the very first European match of Olympiacos, against Milan, at San Siro, in 1959, and was excellent according to the press of thosed days. People of Milan handed Theodoridis all sorts of memorabilia from that match.

Well done Milan; the gesture is even more appreciated if one takes into one that Theodoridis has been (very publicly) fighting cancer for several years (and despite his age, chemotheraphy etc. hardly ever loses a match).

Huxley, there's a very long official announcement by the club, unfortunately only in Greek but it has many old photographs and the video Milan prepared for their honoured guest:

http://www.olympiacos.org/article/76...os-ton-thrylon

Well done again Milan.

Terrorist Scum

We like Milan around here.

Herbert Kilpin, and all that.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Nice touch that. They do hold legends in very high regard here, and lets face it, love an excuse for a slap up meal!

I just want to know what is so interesting.

Why are there so few goals in the Greek league?

Do they have crap strikers? Really good defenders?

The top half have all conceded less than they have played, the bottom half have all scored less than they have played. Every result seems to be either a 0-0 or a 1-0.

Why are there so few goals in the Greek league?

Do they have crap strikers? Really good defenders?

The top half have all conceded less than they have played, the bottom half have all scored less than they have played. Every result seems to be either a 0-0 or a 1-0.

bottom half prefers to ruin the game than play. they park the bus, they kick a lot, and the matches don't have rythm

As the French commentator said, c'est un bijou!

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omad...o.5358580.html

Seems the next few games will be fun.

Allow me to get my excuses in early:

Our current injury list..

Strinic
    Caldara
    Musacchio
    Biglia
    Bonaventura
    Higuain
    Conti
    Hakan (can't spell his surname so won't try)

All probable starters. Musacchio was taken out tonight by Frank Kessie (Milan player) in tonight's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Seems the next few games will be fun.
    Betis is probably secure in first place and rightfully so, so it all goes down to the result of the match between the two of us in the last matchday. We'll probably need a win with two goals to qualify, unless you commit suicide and lose to Dudelange.

Betis have been the best team, despite always 'trying to walk it in', but I wouldn't count out Milan making a pigs ear of it against Dudelange. We were pretty poor in the first game against them and that was with a half decent squad.