Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 229

Thread: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    a thread for our beloved team, opened just to communicate our own staff that may be of interest for you guys too.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    and as a first post, it won't be about football, due to this day.

    tonight our basketball team is in the Euroleague F4 playing against CSKA at 18.30 (greece time)for a place in the final.

    our team with 3 titles is playing against a team, that has 3x our budget.

    Tonight there will be a fight in Instanbul. A fight for every inch, for every ball.

    COME ON YOU REDS

    HAIL TO OLYMPIAKOS





  4. #3

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post

    Tonight there will be a fight in Instanbul. A fight for every inch, for every ball.

    You Greeks certainly are passionate. And that statement hints at just the type of Greek love that you're capable of.

    Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 19-05-17 at 07:16.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post


    You Greeks certainly are passionate. And that statement hints at just the type of Greek love that this club needs.
    several years ago our management was doing things the wrong way. giving money to stars that were not delivering. we've been through hell. and then it happened. they decided to change everything. to create a new team based on greek players with strong mentality. giving less money to more eager players. players that want to succeed and be a part of family, of a group that will die for each other, a group of characters and not stars.

    5 years ago this team went again to Istanbul as a fucking underdog. we were down by 19 points, 12 minutes before the end, against a rich team like CSKA with great players on board.

    Down but not dead. and we made the fucking comeback. from -19 points to +1, with a basket at 0.7" before the end.

    that team stayed strong, stayed connected, stayed as a family up to now. we won another one, we've been again in the final, and now we are again there. Again as underdogs. But with a heart of steel. We don't know if we will make it again but we know we are gonna fight the hell out of it.

    impossible is nothing




    lessons is everything



    LET'S GO REDS

    Last edited by karteo; 19-05-17 at 07:29.

  6. #5
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,602

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    several years ago our management was doing things the wrong way. giving money to stars that were not delivering. we've been through hell. and then it happened. they decided to change everything. to create a new team based on greek players with strong mentality. giving less money to more eager players. players that want to succeed and be a part of family, of a group that will die for each other, a group of characters and not stars.

    5 years ago this team went again to Instanbul as a fucking underdog. we were down by 19 points, 12 minutes before the end, against a rich team like CSKA with great players on board.

    Down but not dead. and we made the fucking comeback. from -19 points to +1, with a basket at 0.7" before the end.

    that team stayed strong, stayed connected, stayed as a family up to now. we won another one, we've been again in the final, and now we are again there. Again as underdogs. But with a heart of steel. We don't know if we will make it again but we know we are gonna fight the hell out of it.

    impossible is nothing




    lessons is everything



    LET'S GO REDS
    From the Greeks i know nothing would satisfy them more than beating the dirty turks.

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    From the Greeks i know nothing would satisfy them more than beating the dirty turks.

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    first we have to beat the Russians and then we'll see. Turks are playing at their home. Step by step. First we take Moscow, then we take Istanbul.

    i am not so much against them. we have our issues but we should see that as plain sports. stay focused on that.

    one great thing with our team is that our former players, players that we took when they were unknown, now they are playing to our opponents.

    Hunter plays for Real Madrid, Sloukas and Antic for Fener, Teodosic and Hines for CSKA

    that says a lot about our program.

    tonight we'll give the good fight. that's all we want.

    Last edited by karteo; 19-05-17 at 07:48.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,695

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    FUCK PANATHINAIKOS!


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,695

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    and as a first post, it won't be about football, due to this day.

    tonight our basketball team is in the Euroleague F4 playing against CSKA at 18.30 (greece time)for a place in the final.

    our team with 3 titles is playing against a team, that has 3x our budget.

    Tonight there will be a fight in Instanbul. A fight for every inch, for every ball.
    For those in the UK, this is live on Sky Sports Mix at 16:15 today


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    For those in the UK, this is live on Sky Sports Mix at 16:15 today
    Do I have to sit through the basketball to get to the fighting? What time does the scrapping usually start?


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    I hope that we will beat and kick their asses from the first minute.
    Those who are into basketball should take a look. Euroleague f4 is a different sport actually.
    Those who aren't familiar with this will be after


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,695

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Do I have to sit through the basketball to get to the fighting? What time does the scrapping usually start?
    The scrapping is on the red button


  13. #12
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,602

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    They dont scrap in basketball they just take it in turns scoring points until someone misses

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Perhaps not scrapping but stabbing already.

    One fan stabbed in Taxim square and another beaten. 5 Greeks attacked according to police reports, by 20 fener's fans.

    OK, noted


  15. #14
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,602

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    Perhaps not scrapping but stabbing already.

    One fan stabbed in Taxim square and another beaten. 5 Greeks attacked according to police reports, by 20 fener's fans.

    OK, noted
    Thats the turks for you... they dont do punch ups they like to swing a blade around.

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk


  16. #15

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Where can I get an Olympiakos shirt for my 3 year old?


  17. #16
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,602

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
    Where can I get an Olympiakos shirt for my 3 year old?
    You tried ali express

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
    Where can I get an Olympiakos shirt for my 3 year old?
    http://m.uksoccershop.com/p-77105/20...rt-(Kids).html

    That should he the best choice for you


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,723

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Sorry, can't get interested in basketball, so I won't be waiting for Evangelos to start that up.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    EM is not owner of the basketball team, but he is watching all important games.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    EM is not owner of the basketball team, but he is watching all important games.
    Important basketball games...nope, you've got me on that one.

    Are there any other sports that Olympiakos have a team for? Are they genuinely good at these sports, or is it just a ruse to fight the Turks as often as possible?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    521

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Important basketball games...nope, you've got me on that one.

    Are there any other sports that Olympiakos have a team for? Are they genuinely good at these sports, or is it just a ruse to fight the Turks as often as possible?
    No we are really good in many sports.

    We won 3 Euroleague titles in basketball. We played 7 finals and in 10 f4
    We have European Cup title in volleyball and in water polo
    We have many athletes in atomic sports who won medals in Olympic games in various athletics

    As a club we have a huge range besides football and EM funds most of them, except basketball


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,695

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Losing to CSKA Moscow. This never happened under Fawaz


  24. #23
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    36,236

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    Losing to CSKA Sofia. This happened under Cloughie
    :/

    "This statement is false."

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,695

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS

    Game on!


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: OLYMPIAKOS NEWS



    I'm pretty that the screenwriter had our basketball team in mind when he wrote this. We were much worse than CSSKA, a richer, better, more talented and more athletic team; we played very badly, especially in offence for two thirds of the game; the referees were clearly against us, making some ridiculous calls; we were down by 12 points.

    And yet not for a second did I feel defeat was certain; because I knew that every single player would fight as hard as he could.

    And of course we won.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •