Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Diving Bans

Too School for Cool

Default Diving Bans

Looks like there'll be a review board that'll be dishing out bans for simulation to all teams except Newcastle from next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Diving Bans

This is dumb as fuck. If a player dives and wins a penalty that is scored and wins a game, how does banning them afterwards do justice to the team who is done out of a point? I don't like Allardyce much but he's right, a simple 5/10 minute sin bin idea would be far better and also good for minor things like dissent, taking your shirt off, kicking the ball away etc.

It's come too late anyway. Diving and feigning injury is part and parcel of our game now just like it is in Latin countries. Loads of times last season I've seen players rolling around injured, realise play is still going on and got up and started running about. It's always been a yellow card offence but has one ever been given even for the most blatant of offfences?

If they do actually do anything to follow through with this, Richard Keogh may as well retire as he'll be banned for most games.

Players get booked for diving currently anyway if caught.

This will apply a retrospective ban if they get away with it during the game. It's a good step forward.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Diving is being described as "successful deception of a match official".

What happens then if it's unsuccessful, and the referee decides a player has dived? Given they will be given a retrospective ban surely this means that diving will now be a red card offense? And, as Adam says, what happens if the result of diving impacts on the result of the game?

It's absolutely the right idea for me, but it definitely needs a lot of thought in implementing. Surely the most sensible option is to have a panel present at the game to review footage.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Players get booked for diving currently anyway if caught.
    9 times out of 10 they are not. Only if it's to try and win a penalty but players flop all over the pitch throughout the game and it's just accepted as part of the game.

Just read it's for penalties and red cards only, which makes sense but then as managers are saying, why can't they just look on the video there and then? Paul Clements has stated the most obvious thing in that Team A conceding a penalty and it affecting that game aren't helped by Player A being banned for two games afterwards as they won't get any potential points back and as almost a double punishment, that Player A could then be missing for games against Team A's relegation rivals for instance.

Don't get me wrong I fucking hate diving and at least something is being done (years and years too late) but those scenarios for me automatically take retrospective action out of the equation. It's got to be done there and then.

A 2 game ban for a player doesn't negate him possibly winning his team 1 or 3 points and that is far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    This is dumb as fuck. If a player dives and wins a penalty that is scored and wins a game, how does banning them afterwards do justice to the team who is done out of a point?
    Exactly! If we lost from a player diving, winning a penalty and scoring it to make it 1-0, I wouldn't take much pleasure from them being banned for their next game, that just helps the next team they play, we're still left with 0 points from their diving.

The alternative is no punishment is applied though...

Let's face it if players were given five game retrospective bans for diving they'd soon cut it out.

Is that a horse I can see running into the distance with a stable door bolted shut?

It's not perfect but it might just stop of the cheating twats spoiling every game I watch.

Wank managers like that money grabbing greedy fuckwit Allerdyce don't like because they encourage their players to cheat

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

If they go down like they've been shot, shoot them. If it looks like their Achilles has snapped, snap it and if they go down after pretending to be 'butted, crowbar to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    It's not perfect but it might just stop of the cheating twats spoiling every game I watch.
    I wonder if a big donkey defender yanking a forward back every time they try and go past them will result in any fouls being given at all if the striker will try and stay up for fear of being called a 'diver'. Because let's face it, the refs give the easy decisions to defenders every time but never to a striker being pushed and pulled all over the place for 90 minutes.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

The problem is solved easily.

If the retrospective punishment for diving is a season-long ban, the problem will go away after the 1st round of fixtures.

Correctly adjudged dives during a game are punished with an immediate red card and a season-long ban. The big screens are used to show the replays.

The problem, actually, would be eradicated with the 1st offence, let alone 1st game.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Left Winger

Ashley Young may as well book his holidays now.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Wagging your finger at the ref/linesmen = sent off, 5 game ban.

Surrounding the ref = immediate yellow card for all. If they don't go away instantly, immediate additional red for all.

Walking off with the ball/kicking ball away/not retreating = immediate yellow, even 10 seconds in.

On awarding a penalty, if the goalie wants to fuck off for a walk, let the attacker take the kick. Problem solved.

Substitution: on referee's acknowledgement of a substitution, the departure player has 10 seconds to leave the pitch. Play resumes the moment the new player enters the field. None of this waiting for him to take his place in the penalty area bollocks

I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Wagging your finger at the ref/linesmen = sent off, 5 game ban.

Surrounding the ref = immediate yellow card for all. If they don't go away instantly, immediate additional red for all.

Walking off with the ball/kicking ball away/not retreating = immediate yellow, even 10 seconds in.

On awarding a penalty, if the goalie wants to fuck off for a walk, let the attacker take the kick. Problem solved.

Substitution: on referee's acknowledgement of a substitution, the departure player has 10 seconds to leave the pitch. Play resumes the moment the new player enters the field. None of this waiting for him to take his place in the penalty area bollocks
    The surrounding the ref begging for cards on an opponent makes me furious. Chelsea do it constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Ashley Young may as well book his holidays now.
    I was thinking that Chris Martin can join Joey Barton in having an enforced early retirement

Will Hughes should just retire early.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Will Hughes should just retire early.
    He would do if it suddenly became a summer league....

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

John O'Hare received a 3 game ban and £20 fine in the post this morning.

Actually there's an even neater solution.

For retrospective diving, assuming there's only 1 team implicated, they should forfeit the game 0 - 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    I thought big nose openly admitted hacking him down but the bone of contention was where the foul took place?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    No dive at all, it was 3 miles outside the box but who gives a fuck as it pissed the scousers off

Reporter (to Peter Taylor): "the cameras show it was outside the penalty area!"

Taylor: 'And the cameras show we've got the trophy."