Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrie McKay

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Default Re: Barrie McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Iíll slap Burkeís agent for luring him away from us.
    The club made it clear we were selling him, his agents job is to get him the best deal

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Iíll slap Burkeís agent for luring him away from us.
    If I was Burke i'd be slapping my agent for not understanding that game time is what ultimately creates great players. Then again I guess the slapping can be done with wads of £50 notes. Burke needs to return to the championship and get a team promoted. Unfinished business perhaps?
    McKay on the other hand reminds me so much of the wing wizzard we had in Mr John Robertson. What McKay needs to show us is consistency and involvement because in most other respects he already possesses it all. His journey with Forest will be entertaining. Long may it continue.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by '77 Red View Post
    If I was Burke i'd be slapping my agent for not understanding that game time is what ultimately creates great players. Then again I guess the slapping can be done with wads of £50 notes. Burke needs to return to the championship and get a team promoted. Unfinished business perhaps?
    McKay on the other hand reminds me so much of the wing wizzard we had in Mr John Robertson. What McKay needs to show us is consistency and involvement because in most other respects he already possesses it all. His journey with Forest will be entertaining. Long may it continue.
    Comes back here on loan to push us to promotion.....

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

He's not back from injury yet, he's hoping to play against chelsea

Guns don't kill people, agents do

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Burke has been injured, but I think he played a bit in their last game...

In the first games of yours I watched early in the season, McKay was easily the only one with outstanding quality. The last game of his I watched he was easily the worst on the pitch.

I don't know what went wrong, I don't know if he is the kind of player who does not work hard enough, who cannot cope with the urgency and intensity of a game higher up from what he was used to, but it would be a shame to let him just slip into obscurity. You cannot afford to let quality out of the team when you've bought it so cheaply. You need to work on his mentality and work rate and make sure that he understands what is demanded from him. If he fails to deliver, yes, by all means ship him out. But try to work with him first.

Mckays a flat track bully, total confidence player, too easily psyched out the game if his opponent gets the measure of him early doors.

He aint the hardest worker either, definitely an impact player when the games stretched a bit. Bit of a free spirit, certainly not an obvious match for Karankas disciplined approach.

Largely irrelevant I'm guessing, I reckon his interest willwane even further now Warburtons gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Largely irrelevant I'm guessing, I reckon his interest willwane even further now Warburtons gone.
    The point I'm trying to make is that this would be Karanka's fault just as much as it would be McKay's.

Very harsh Mase.

Whilst I agree that he needs to improve his mentality and intensity it would be poor from us to not work with him and give his talents a chance.

He certainly is a player worthy of giving more time too. Certainly compared to others in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that this would be Karanka's fault just as much as it would be McKay's.
    He had similar criticism levelled at him at Rangers, With Warburton not achieving consistency out the player here either, maybe he flourishes with a hard line approach.

Agree though, on his day he's right up there, we should try everything to get it out more consistently.

Could be a tough nut to crack though, he'll doubtless end up back up north.

Interesting problem, if he isn't a Karanka player and the manager has already decided that then hopefully there's enough interest after his early performances that we could get a nice profit.

I think he's still a great player and he was working harder earlier in the season than he has been of late. I think Karanka will persevere with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Very harsh Mase.

Whilst I agree that he needs to improve his mentality and intensity it would be poor from us to not work with him and give his talents a chance.

He certainly is a player worthy of giving more time too. Certainly compared to others in recent years.
    No I agree mate, Id work on him, I just think the odds are against it coming off.

No I agree mate, Id work on him, I just think the odds are against it coming off.
    It probably is going to be tougher than we think.

I suppose we will also get a lot of answers questioned with home performances under Karanka.

Can we afford to play less flair players and possibly look for fast and powerful impact players (ie players better than Carayol) to supplement Osborn/Cash rather than McKay.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 21-01-18 at 10:22.

At 23 there's still a lot more to come from him. If he stays I think he'll get game time under AK, just not much in the initial stages whilst AK drills home the foundations of his methods to the rst of the side.

Expect to see little of him for a month or so, then gradually introduced more as time goes on.

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

Does he fit into a Karanka side? His impact is when he's allowed to drift into space, a free role from out wide.

If Karanka insists on two rigid banks then he's not going to get a look in.

My opinion is he's the most creative player in the squad along with Dowell and whilst clearly off the boil of late, probably due to a lack of confidence more than anything, we should persevere with him.

Massive waste if he ends back up North like Cummings did.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Karanka Mutineer

Mckays a flat track bully, total confidence player, too easily psyched out the game if his opponent gets the measure of him early doors.

He aint the hardest worker either, definitely an impact player when the games stretched a bit. Bit of a free spirit, certainly not an obvious match for Karankas disciplined approach.

Best player by a street in the early part of the season seems totally forgotten about during poor form.
    I fully accept its down to him to get his head round it but Why donít you give the lad a chance to come through it instead of being so dismissive of his contribution so far?.

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    Best player by a street in the early part of the season seems totally forgotten about during poor form.
    I fully accept its down to him to get his head round it but Why donít you give the lad a chance to come through it instead of being so dismissive of his contribution so far?.
    Warburton player, say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I fully accept its down to him to get his head round it but Why don’t you give the lad a chance to come through it instead of being so dismissive of his contribution so far?.
    That poor form may have cost MW his job, surprised at your stance given your support of MW & the players inconsistency.

Your up there to be shot at if your only turning up in certain games, quality or not.

Like I said "on his day he's right up there". Don't think Ive been dismissive at all. I just think he picks & choses his performances based on what's in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

Cmon Maxi, your better than that mate.

Cmon Maxi, your better than that mate.
    Couldn't resist.

That poor form may have cost MW his job, surprised at your stance given your support of MW & the players inconsistency.

Your up there to be shot at if your only turning up in certain games, quality or not.

Like I said "on his day he's right up there". Don't think Ive been dismissive at all. I just think he picks & choses his performances based on what's in front of him.
    I actually, for once, completely disagree with you.

I thought when he came on against Villa he put in a shift - he ran a lot, got in some big tackles and really tried to make an impact on the game. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time or support to do so but I think his mentality looked spot on when he came on the pitch.

Compared to Dowell on the left wing, I thought he has looked a lot better defensively too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

I can see why people criticise players, my god I do it enough myself. But he has shown if worked with he can offer us something that you need in a game of football, no matter what type of football the manager plays and that is someone who can do something with the ball when you have it.
    You can have a team full of athletes who can tackle, run around forever but when you have the ball you need to make things happen, and he can.
    Heís also young so can perhaps be moulded more. But Mckay himself needs to put the work in and earn his place. And maybe he thought his place was guaranteed. And imo he needed a rest anyway. But Iím confident that Karanka can get his mind thinking in the right way and show him that itís about the team and not any individual.
    To be dismissive of such talent would be very poor judgement by the club, and one of the reasons we have failed to progress the players while they are here. Or even worse failed to progress as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    I actually, for once, completely disagree with you.

I thought when he came on against Villa he put in a shift - he ran a lot, got in some big tackles and really tried to make an impact on the game. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time or support to do so but I think his mentality looked spot on when he came on the pitch.

Compared to Dowell on the left wing, I thought he has looked a lot better defensively too.
    Fair play mate, he did it in patches, but Warburton not picking his own man spoke volumes.

Cracking player one game, easily discouraged in the next. Whats transpired post MW suggests mercurial, pick your game types like McKay will have a job fitting in, Think he needs to take a leaf out Osborns book personally.

Shame, there's still a place for him on the left if he wants it.

Last edited by MASE; 23-01-18 at 11:30.

So he is the new Pato?